Tennis

Darth Lohr

I'm majorly majorly majorly bummed about Federer... the Nadal loss really opened up the draw for him. It also ends a run of nine straight years making the quarterfinals or better in every major. Bleh.

I would have liked to see a Sharapova/Williams final... I think, but the last time we saw that at Wimbledon was a 6-1, 6-0 thrashing that nobody enjoyed. With Azarenka also gone, Williams has even fewer threats than she started with, which I'm totally okay with. She's the best.

That's why this sucked so much for me: not only is Maria by far my favorite female player, but Roger is by far my favorite men's player. Back in the 90's, there were probably five or six men and women each that I really enjoyed watching. So, if my favorites lost, there was still a good chance I had somebody (or -bodies) to cheer for. That is not at all true these days. :no:

While Roger is my favorite by far, I just enjoy watching good tennis- which you're always guaranteed to get when Djokovic, Murray, Nadal, and Federer are involved (and even Tsonga, from time to time). Shame we've lost two of the four in the first week.

Murray and Djokovic is a great matchup. Federer is tough to watch now because its not as if his skills have seriously declined. It's more that his style relied on his quickness and athleticism. Kind of like Agassi and Edberg. As they got older they had no real power game to rely on.

Crazy day! I was definitely rooting on the Ukranian to beat Federer, just because it shows how strong men's tennis can be even that deep in the rankings. He hit 72 winners. 72. Against Federer. I was listening to it on the radio in work and they were waxing lyrical about how well this guy was playing. With Fed, Nadal and Tsonga out it pretty much leaves it open for a Djokovic - Murray final, which Djokovic will most probably win!

We do love a good underdog over here!

With Fed, Nadal and Tsonga out it pretty much leaves it open for a Djokovic - Murray final, which Djokovic will most probably win!

That would be fine by me. After Roger, Djokovic is the only men's player I really like. Not that I hate everyone else or that I absolutely won't watch anyone else, but it's certainly more fun watching if you have a vested interest.

Sounds like I missed quite a match today. Still, got the championship match I was hoping for (or at least the one I was hoping for since Roger lost). Hopefully, I can manage to catch that one. I can honestly say I'll be happy with either one winning, so I'm just looking forward to (what should almost certainly be) a good match.

I was so tense. I neither like nor dislike Murray, but boy do I root for him at Wimbledon (unless he's playing Federer, that is). He's a great player and I'm glad he's "broken through" in the past calendar year. He certainly deserved it. Tough to break through when you're playing against 2 or 3 all-time greats.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.