I need to lose weight.

Ms. Spam

I need to lose some weight too. One of my meds has weight gain as a side effect. I gained 15 pretty quickly, and then stopped, which is pretty much the best case scenario, but I really want to drop it.

I also really need to lose weight. 4 years ago, I was able to really devote a lot of time and energy to losing weight by being able to go to the campus gym for a few hours multiple days per week and kept myself busy at home so I wasn't constantly snacking. That led to me taking around 35 pounds off. It stayed off for a few months until I had a car accident, which led to me eating a lot of comfort food. Unfortunately, that didn't stop for awhile and I gradually gained some of the weight back.

I started running long distance then, though, which helped me in so many ways, for about 6 months, but I overdid it and got massive shin splints after a 14k race. this kept me from exercising and I gained the rest of the weight back

Then, around 2 and a half years ago, I got absolutely horrible anxiety problems (which brought on some depression, too) and was barely able to keep anything but the blandest of food down. I lost the 30 pounds again, though in a completely unhealthy way. Fortunately, I was able to get the anxiety under control thanks to a combination of medicine and therapy, but I also put the weight back on.

I've had many excuses for not focusing on losing weight for the past few years now, a few of which were actually legitimate, but most were nonsense. I just need to buckle back down again and make myself lose the weight. I know I can do it since I was able to do so a few years back, but I need to get myself the drive to do so again and limit my moments of being weak willed.

I'm trying to eat better and finally have the time to exercise during the day again many days a week. I just need to stick to it. Even though I ultimately need to lose at least 100 pounds long term, I'm just looking forward to getting down the first 10 pounds from now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.