Avengers 2

Darth Krawlie

We might as well start a new thread for the sequel.

First bit of news I've found of particular interest: Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch hinted at by Joss Whedon.

Whether they can work out a deal to hint at connections with the X-Men franchise or not, I'm excited by this. These are two of the characters I'm most surprised about not having been in a film earlier. I understand why, due to different studios and all that, but still.

Also, I'll find it incredibly amusing if Marvel gets Quicksilver on screen before Warner/DC gets the Flash, just like they're going to get Thanos on before Darkseid.

IS there just one of them ib the sequel OH SEE WHAT I DID

Yeah, Wanda and Pietro are more tied to the Avengers iconically-- but they are Magneto's kids soit will be interesting to see how they approach it. Also-- Wanda's powers are magic. They explained Thor's "magic" as alien superscience, what's her out going to be?

I've always thought that Quicksilver and SW being Magneto's children made them less interesting. You'd expect any of his children to be important characters rather than role players in the "other" Marvel team. I think they should just be Avengers and not even mention the Magneto connection. And frankly I think they should just avoid SW because of her "magic" powers. Quicksilver could be very cool, though.

• 2 weeks later...

from wiki:

(Scarlet Witch)...is an expert combatant having been trained by both Captain America and Hawkeye, as well as being an adept tactician due to her years of experience working as an Avenger and her experience in a variety of combat situations.

So maybe she'll be another Black Widow-type field agent-turned-Avenger, instead of using magic. I wouldn't mind that too much. Or maybe that's how she'll start off, and she'll acquire her "magic" somehow via interraction with Thanos.

There are ways.

• 3 weeks later...

I think they should just be Avengers and not even mention the Magneto connection.

I like this.

And frankly I think they should just avoid SW because of her "magic" powers.

But Thor, Loki, et al.

So Whedon has confirmed that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will be in Avengers 2... and now suddenly he's been revealed to be part of X-Men: Days of Future Past. It's true that Fox and Marvel share the rights to both characters, but it's a really ****ty move on Fox/Singer's part, if you ask me.

• 1 month later...

Vin Diesel on Facebook:

"Marvel meeting today, Only the people in the room can tell you what was discussed...P.s. Thanks to Our page, for pushing to make it happen... you know I get tunnel vision with my work... and after that meeting today... wow!"

http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/vin-vision.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.