Avengers 2

Darth Krawlie

But just as a trailer this second one didn't live up to the first.

This. The first trailer let us meet Ultron, and he was super-creepy and I lost track of how many times I watched it just to feel that chill down my spine again and again.

This one seems more focused on (a) proving Hawkeye's in the movie (meh); and (b) Hulk v. Iron Man, which promises to be one of my least favorite parts.

I know I'll be an extremist minority on this. I realize the rest of America hasn't spent the last 36 years reading comics about good guys punching each other in the face, but the novelty of that fight-scene contrivance device wore off for me a long time ago.

Civil War may actually be my favorite event ever. Not for the novelty of hero vs hero (which isn't really that novel, anymore), but rather just as an interesting story line. In the books, they had time to really explore the effect it all had on the individual characters - such as Peter Parker's struggle to determine exactly where his beliefs and loyalties stood. It went beyond the simple slugfests we occasionally get between heroes and showed them dealing with the unique (and uncomfortable) situation of having to go against their friends (and, in some cases, country) to do what they believed was right.

I just question if they'll really be able (or willing) to really do more than scratch the surface of that sort of thing within the films.

Yeah, it seems to confirm a lot of conjecture I've read, but otherwise I think it was a little bit of a waste.

The first one was awesome, really had me excited for the movie. This one didn't do much.

I just question if they'll really be able (or willing) to really do more than scratch the surface of that sort of thing within the films.

Unless they split it into a trilogy. Then they could really capture all the plot points from Stanford to the Fifty-State Initiative and up until...uh, whenever the Super-Hero Reigstration Act went away. I forget which crossover that was.

I vote Zac Efron for Speedball!

But just as a trailer this second one didn't live up to the first.

This. The first trailer let us meet Ultron, and he was super-creepy and I lost track of how many times I watched it just to feel that chill down my spine again and again.

This one seems more focused on (a) proving Hawkeye's in the movie (meh); and (b) Hulk v. Iron Man, which promises to be one of my least favorite parts.

I know I'll be an extremist minority on this. I realize the rest of America hasn't spent the last 36 years reading comics about good guys punching each other in the face, but the novelty of that fight-scene contrivance device wore off for me a long time ago.

Same here. Even non-comic fans know the characters will (ultimately) kiss & make-up, with a little biting here and there (to keep that super-geeked up end of Marvel fandom thinking how "real" it is), but the hero vs. hero thing is played out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow on the accent Maixmoff lol.

I was rather pleased to hear that! So rarely are the non-American characters ever given anything but the same old generic American accent as everyone else. Even in many of the cartoon versions that's true. An English accent is about the only other thing you'll usually here - even if they're not even remotely English.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.