Avengers 2

Darth Krawlie

I can understand the overseas backlash about their "exclusivity" at the Con. They say it's done for the fans attending but its attendees are still a very small percentage of fandom. There should just be a short blackout; maybe 24, 48 hours after the Con's end.

Heck, SDCC can host that stuff on its site, just to stay relevant in the off-season.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Official synopsis:

Marvel Studios presents “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.

Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron” stars Robert Downey Jr., who returns as Iron Man, along with Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. Together with Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, and with the additional support of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill, the team must reassemble to defeat James Spader as Ultron, a terrifying technological villain hell bent on human extinction. Along the way, they confront two mysterious and powerful newcomers, Wanda Maximoff, played by Elizabeth Olsen, and Pietro Maximoff, played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and meet an old friend in a new form when Paul Bettany becomes Vision.

Nothing new here, but exciting nonetheless!

Is that not news, or at least confirmation of rumours, that JARVIS is The Vision? Maybe I missed that news item before.

I wonder now if that will be JARVIS' way of saving the day. Or Tony's? Or will Ultron control JARVIS and use him as a weapon, which would be more aligned with the original story.

Based on what's been leaked, seen and minimally guessed at--

1. Cap 1 showed a bit of the android Human Torch-- the MCU version of which could be a Howard Stark made Nazi-fighting robot

2. Jarvis in the flesh was Howard Stark's manservant/spy/whatever

3. Jarvis' personality was the template for the AI Tony Stark created

4. At the end of IM3 Tony blew up all his suits, preparing for the next step

5. Tony decides to go back to his dad's plan of evil-fighting robots, now incorporating both the AI technology and Iron Man technology

6. This goes wrong and results in Ultron

7. He goes back to the drawing board and tries again, this time using the Jarvis AI that he knows he can trust resulting in The Vision

Like it.

Another way they could do Ultron/Vision would be to do Lore/Data. A beta/gold. Blooming AI Ultron can't grasp why "dad" needs another version of him etc. This can even work with the setup Driver details, just have Tony notice a flaw earlier and then start on Vision. Tony could then mock Ultron like he is in the habit of doing with his other robo-helpers.

I really want to see that get thrown back in Tony's face as Ultron beats the crap out of him, dude needs a good ass whooping. Oh sure he has some PTSD issues, but the guy has more confidence than Zeus.

Dormant peacekeeping program.

There is some speculation about the wording used here, and if it implies something nobody has suspected yet regarding the plot.

Pym's name is starting to surface, as if he is somehow connected with the program Stark is jumpstarting.

Since Paul Bettany's been confirmed to appear in an old timey WW2 scene with Evans and Hayley Atwell, a lot of people are speculating he plays Edwin Jarvis, an old butler for Howard Stark. Tony then used the Butler's name/voice for JARVIS, which somehow leads into Vision.

I thought James D'arcy has been cast as the human Jarvis?

So...as far as I know he's playing Jarvis in the Agent Carter TV series, I would be surprised if they used them in a flashback in Avengers 2 as well (though I agree Krawlie's theory did make sense). Or is there actual confirmation of these characters appearing in the film? I see Haley Atwell listed on IMDB, but they've been known to make mistakes before. I don't see James D'Arcy or Dominic Cooper listed though.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.