Avengers 2

Darth Krawlie

No wait he was in that movie with De Niro and in that movie with De Niro. So won't people who like him be disappointed when they go to a movie with him in it and it's just a furry animal with his voice? I would say the people who make these movies don't know what they're doing but, really, all material evidence points to the contrary of my opinion here.

Dude has a fair amount of clout thanks to 3 hangover films and Silver Linings Handbook.... and Alias. I know who he is... maybe your pop culture reference ability has been burned out because you know Mara Jade's cup size and other such useful tidbits MAYBE HUH!!?!?!:p

Dude has a fair amount of clout thanks to 3 hangover films and Silver Linings Handbook.... and Alias. I know who he is... maybe your pop culture reference ability has been burned out because you know Mara Jade's cup size and other such useful tidbits MAYBE HUH!!?!?! :p

très possible

For me he's the kind of guy who sort of just fades into the background when I watch him and sort of blurs together with other people in my mind. So even though he's been in a movie I liked and on a show I watched he still seems sort of un-memorable.

P.S. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "CUP SIZE" IN THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE DON'T YOU REMEMBER THAT ANECDOTE FROM CARRIE FISHER ON THE SET OF ANH WHERE SHE IS ALL LIKE "GEORGE, MY COSTUME HAS NO BRA" AND LUCAS IS ALL LIKE "SWEETHEART, THERE ARE NO BRAS IN OUTER SPACE"

Besides, even if there were bras, they wouldn't be designated in A,B,C,D cup sizes because that alphabetical variant of Galactic Basic came thousands of years later and is used mostly for relatively modern innovative re-designs of basic longstanding technology such as spaceships or droids (see : X-Wings, A-wings, most droid names) and whereas clothing's invention and innovation long predates the Ruusan-fixed calendar system and Modern Galactic therefore the sizes would be maybe Aurek or Besh or Cresh or Dorn and besides there is no truly authoritative canonical physical representation of Mara Jade's body it's a ll a jumble of book covers and comics and trading cards many of which seem to have her far younger in appearance than her assumed age would presumably indicate but this goes into my longstanding questions about cosmetics and dress sense in the GFFA and seriously kill me just do it it would be a net gain for everyone

• 2 weeks later...
Guest El Chalupacabra

I'm personally thrilled we're not getting Thanos. I really feel like the space/cosmic stuff isn't grounded enough for the Avengers. Even the alien attack at the end of the first movie was pushing it for me. I always felt Ultron was a better fit for the cinematic universe. I'm wondering of Thanos was more of a set-up for Guardians than Avengers.

Agreed about legions of space empires trying to take over Earth, but I would like to see Thanos.

Thanos would work best if used in a cinematic version of the Infinity Gauntlet, IMHO, which could easily be adapted as an Avengers\Asgardian only story, leaving out the Celestials and Galactus, and depowering the Infinity Gauntlet somewhat.

Maybe they are setting it up so that Thanos ends up being a mastermind behind the villains of several films, and we will be seeing post-credit clips of him in Thor 2, Captain America 2, and Avengers 2, culminating in such a story, for Avengers 3?

If not that, I wouldn't mind if they began a Silver Surfer film series, with Thanos in it.

• 3 months later...

I'm personally thrilled we're not getting Thanos. I really feel like the space/cosmic stuff isn't grounded enough for the Avengers. Even the alien attack at the end of the first movie was pushing it for me. I always felt Ultron was a better fit for the cinematic universe. I'm wondering of Thanos was more of a set-up for Guardians than Avengers.

Agreed about legions of space empires trying to take over Earth, but I would like to see Thanos.

Thanos would work best if used in a cinematic version of the Infinity Gauntlet, IMHO, which could easily be adapted as an Avengers\Asgardian only story, leaving out the Celestials and Galactus, and depowering the Infinity Gauntlet somewhat.

Maybe they are setting it up so that Thanos ends up being a mastermind behind the villains of several films, and we will be seeing post-credit clips of him in Thor 2, Captain America 2, and Avengers 2, culminating in such a story, for Avengers 3?

If not that, I wouldn't mind if they began a Silver Surfer film series, with Thanos in it.

Well, first an Adam Warlock film with the old Magus storyline which heavily features Thanos and Gamora, then the Infinity Gauntlet. Then Annihilation. Then Im happy. Galactus oughtta be able to be pulled back from the Fantastic Four deal since they didnt even use his, just a dumb cloud. Surfer might be more difficult though. This splitting of the Marvel Universe sucks!

As cool as that sounds, that would make the Guardians a bunch of useless sidekicks with only Gamora and Drax having ties to Thanos. (And Drax not being a part of the original story even, but he could easily be written into it. Preferrably the lean, mean Destroyer from Annihilation, not the dumber-than-Hulk old version.)

I love the idea of having Thanos as a main villian lurking in the background for quite a few movies. He´s an interesting enough character for it, changing from almost-hero in the Magus story to genocidal maniac in the blink of an eye.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm calling it. Pietro in the X-Men universe is Magneto's kid (an idea introduced by ... Byrne?) and the Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the Avengers universe are Roy Thomas's idea of having them be the illegitimate offspring of Golden Age Timely Comics speedster The Whizzer. And this will all be resolved in the upcoming EARTH AND COUNTER-EARTH (2018) blockbuster motion picture starring the cast of every single Marvel movie of all time --- David Hasselhoff versus Samuel Jackson! Ryan Reynolds and Chris Evans fight themselves! Eric Bana, Ed Norton, and Mark Ruffalo versus War Machine(s)!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.