Avengers 2

Darth Krawlie

Nope. That's from the end of his debut storyline, right after Ultron builds him and the Avengers convince him to be a good guy.

The point of the Vision has always been that he's a robot who is human in every way but for the fact of him being a robot. He feels human feelings and does human things. HE EVEN MAKES BABIES. It's what makes the character a fairly decent supporting cast member of the Avengers and not a blank slate of nothingness like the Machine Man (who only really got a personality once Ellis reinvented him as a snooty bon vivant in Nextwave) or the boring Jocasta (who is really no more than a Bride of Frankenstein rip-off). It's not the average Pinocchio or Scarecrow/Tin-Man dynamic where he wants to be human; he just is a human who happens to be made out of crazy aethereal metal.

But you are right if they are casting Vin Diesel they'll probably go all NO UNDERSTAND HEW-MAN EMO-TIONS and who knows if they'll even keep the awesome Vision/Wanda/Pietro dynamic where he and Wanda love each other (I could go on about how they understand each other as mutual outcasts from bigoted society who are living contradictions as she is a witch [magic] who is also a mutant [science] and he is a man [nature] who is also a robot [artificial] but their relationship is probably more like whoever it was who came up with it Roy Thomas maybe or Shooter being like LOL THEY ARE BOTH RED) and Pietro is torn between his desire to protect Wanda (which is the raison detre of Quicksilver) from what he perceives as a threat and his need to make her happy by letting her have the romantic partner she desires.

My point is : ONLY I UNDERSTAND THE MARVEL UNIVERSE ALL OTHER UNDERSTANDINGS OF IT ARE FLAWED EVEN THE ONES THAT ARE HUGE BOX OFFICE SUCCESSES OR ARE PERPETUATED FOR A DECADE AND A HALF BY THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY WRITE THE COMICS

Also : they should have Henry Peter Geyrich in the movie and he should be played by James Remar or, in one of those the-Human-Torch-is-Captain-America twists, JK SImmons.

Thanks for the Vision info. I think I only really know him the Disassembled era. I was a sporadic reader of Avengers until Bendis took over.

If Vision is added that's a pretty big cast. I still feel like Carol Danvers would be great onscreen-- but she should get her own movie first.

They could have switched Maria Hill's name with Carol's and had her get her powers from Chitauri tech instead of the traditional convoluted dependent-on-another-character origin from the comics. Or they could still do something like that and have her be a supersoldier for the new world (the name maybe works as a nod to this, as Captain America was to WWII she could be Captain Marvel I'd like it if the S.H.I.E.L.D. of the movies was shown to be more of an international organization than the creepy cabal-driven tool of the American military it seems to be so far). Or they could crib from the Ellis driven Ultimate reboot of the character as the military's minder for Mahr Vell.

Hmm. Ladyvengers.

Maybe have She-Hulk? I kinda think the idea of a girl being a Hulk has legs for a film. Jan Pym née van Dyne was apparently in some drafts of the first movie and Joss said something about really liking her and it being tough to let go of her in the script. I mean, she's pretty boring in the comics (nice hat, though). Tigra would be either expensive if they went CGI or a sort of Kelsey Grammer situation where you couldn't really tell who it was under the make-up plus maybe the whole Catwoman stink hasn't faded yet. Mantis and Moondragon are all crazy weirdo cosmic but since they're doing Guardians of the Galaxy who the hell knows maybe they could show up. Mockingbird could work but they've already established a sort of buddy/semi-romance thing between Hawkeye and Black Widow already. Firebird and Firestar= boring, can not tell apart. Sersi = drags in all this crazy Kirby Eternals stuff. Bendis has been pushing Spider-Woman hard for years and years but who knows how that would work what with the whole different characters with different studios thing. Echo would be a seriously new character to drop into the movies but then again Maria Hill made it into films before two out of five founding Avengers so whatever. The Monica Rambeau Cpt. Marvel instead of the Carol Danvers one? Millie the Model?

Oh, you know who they should definitely add? MISTY KNIGHT! I want to see what is basically Angela-Davis-with-a-bionic-arm on the big screen.

Yeah I'm not sure if Spider-Woman technically belongs to Sony or not. She certainly appeared in enough Spider-Man comics, but she Hydra was always her major foil-- and Hydra was usually in the Nick Fury/Avengers books.

They could introduce Carol via the TV show as some newb with powers and transition her to the film... It's a bummer that so much of her history is interwoven with the X-Men, moreso even than Quicksilver and Scarlet With. Whatever version of her they do will be streamlined for sure.

Rambeua showed up recently with a new name I now forget, sans Jericurl.

Janet seems like the most obvious as she was the first female Avenger. Have they confirmed if the Ant Man movie is about Scott Lang or Pym?

Misty Knight has to be saved for the 70sverse Daughters of the Dragon/Heroes for Hire movie IN MY DREAMS.

• 2 weeks later...

Hank Pym aka Anti-Man (and several other alter egos) is one of those superhero scientists. Current revisionist history has him more or less bitter that Reed Richards and Tony Stark get all the credit as the big brains of thr Marvel universe so he tries to out do all of them by creating an AI. This was well before Tony had Jarvis.

Ultron was a robot Pym made that ended up housing the intelligence. There's a been lots of different versions and retcons over the years. Originally he was a giant vacuum cleaner robot of terror-- but in more modern days he's basically become Skynet The Terminator and HAL all rolled into one. Supergenius artificial intelligence in a near-indestructable robot body that wants to kill the Avengers.

I'm personally thrilled we're not getting Thanos. I really feel like the space/cosmic stuff isn't grounded enough for the Avengers. Even the alien attack at the end of the first movie was pushing it for me. I always felt Ultron was a better fit for the cinematic universe. I'm wondering of Thanos was more of a set-up for Guardians than Avengers.

Perfect, thanks!

I agree about the alien invasion thing. There's just too much of a disparity of power between us folks of Earth and the forces of space evil. It's the same reason I'm hesitant about a Batman/Superman team-up. Next to Superman, what good is Batman going to do but play detective?

Whedon confirming Pym will not create the cinematic version of Ultron, or even appear in Avengers 2...

http://www.superhero...s-age-of-ultron

And evidence it might have something more directly to do with Captain America: the Winter Soldier...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/178357-director-talks-bridge-from-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-to-avengers-age-of-ultron

• 1 month later...

From io9, I think we discussed this possibility before (and by we, I mean you guys):

The Avengers: Age of Ultron

The recently released animatics for the first Avengers featured an evil version of Tony Stark’s faithful AI butler Jarvis, which led to immediate online speculation that Joss Whedon might turn Jarvis into Ultron for the sequel – something that seemed like a distinct possibility the moment that Joss Whedon revealed he planned to incorporate Ultron without including Hank Pym. Since then, Unleash the Fanboy claims that an inside source at Disney has confirmed this creative decision.

While that definitely shouldn’t be taken as any kind of official confirmation, turning Jarvis into Ultron does seem like the most narratively streamlined way to include the character in the new film. Plus, the fact that Marvel Studios cast the well-established, physically imposing Paul Bettany to voice a computer now seems like a bit of a masterstroke, as it’s possible that Bettany could provide at least motion capture for the part of Ultron, although this would reportedly involve a new contract as he’s previously only been signed on to provide voiceover.

Again, this should really only be seen as rumor, and a fairly unsubstantiated one at that — but this seems like the kind of unreliable rumor that eventually turns about to be more or less correct. [Unleash the Fanboy]

I'm totally on board with that. There's a slight feeling of annoyance that everything seems to revolve around Stark, but this is definitely the best way to bring in Ultron without Pym (and man, am I glad there's no Pym).

In other news, latest I've read is that Elizabeth Olsen is just about signed on to play Scarlet Witch.

The Internet says that Bradley Cooper is going to be the voice of Rocket Raccoon in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

I like to think that somewhere out there are huge crowds of people asking themselves "Who?" and "Who?" and "What?" in response to the nouns in the sentence above this one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.