Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NFF 2013 League Meetings

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

Daily, nightly, and ever so rightly.

• 14,874 posts
Any comments on refining rookie keeper rules. The change I would like to make is that if a rookie keeper is declared on an active roster, then his rookie keeper status is terminated - even if not played for the week.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Nope.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Yep

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

Daily, nightly, and ever so rightly.

• 14,874 posts
It's the helpfulness from y'all that I truly appreciate

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,915 posts
wouldn't that be a lot of extra work monitoring?

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,750 posts
I think it would be, because the only way we can verify rookie elgible status is by looking at that season after it's over and then go through the active roster of all officially played games..... if that makes sense. The historical front office only shows the games played that scored, not that week's roster changes.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
We could always trust people.
  • UK Legend Killa +1 this

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,245 posts
I see no reason why a developmental keeper (let's start using that more consistently since they aren't always rookies) should lose that status if they don't play.

In other news, I'm finally done with school so I can help get the ball rolling again (since you know, it's all about me).
  • Darth Lohr +1 this

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

It's the helpfulness from y'all that I truly appreciate

Well, I can't speak for Mr. Goad's response. However, the question was if we have "comments on refining rookie keeper rules". Nope. I have no comments, because nothing comes to mind that I want to see "refined".

Lucas and I put a ton of effort into making the system do what it was designed to, but wasn't overly complicated. Your proposal seems to be an unnecessary complication. Plus, what if a player is activated and not used - and then cut. Under your proposal, he's lost his eligibility and nobody can add him to their squad, despite him never having played a game in the NFF. And if you propose an exception for such players, that makes it even more complicated. So, I'm sticking with "nope".

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
I think we probably need to start a head-count soon, decide on the make up of the league and then move on to the other details as they don't really matter if we can't decide on the major points!!

There have been proposals for flex spot changes, PPR to be introduced and for changes to the rookie keeper system. In addition to this we need to decide whether we are having a rookie draft before or after the main draft.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,750 posts
Do like I did a few seasons back: make an official ballot with each all the proposals/issues and the nominations. Make it so.
  • Darth Lohr +1 this

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,245 posts

In addition to this we need to decide whether we are having a rookie draft before or after the main draft.

Neither. The separate rookie draft was a one time thing to get the ball rolling. One draft now. I believe (but am not 100% positive) that was discussed last season. Now it will just be one draft and you'll fill your roster out that way. If your Practice Squad is full then a rookie temporarily goes to your active roster and takes up a roster spot during the draft.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Yep. Since rookies can be switched back & forth between the regular roster and the practice squad before the season starts anyways, it doesn't really matter which one they're put on during the draft. What matters is that you have picks & roster room available. Keepers must be set before the draft, obviously, and so must your practice squad. Since additional rookie-only picks will be added (with a maximum of four rounds being added to the draft) for the purpose of filling any open slots in the practice squad, you must waive anyone you do not wish to keep on your practice squad by the appointed date, which will most likely the same as the keeper date.

All eligible players that you elect to hold on to must stay on the practice squad, even if you plan to move them to the active roster after the draft. The only players allowed on the active roster going into the keeper selection date are your keepers. Barring trades between the keeper selection deadline and the draft, this means that on draft day every team should have four players (keepers) on their regular roster and up to four players on their practice squad. [Gar, correct me if I'm remembering any of that wrong.]

I think it will probably be easiest if we automatically assign rookies to the practice squad during the draft, like you said. We simply need to note ahead of time, like usual, who has picks in what rounds. Again, so everyone is clear, there will be one draft for everything, but instead of 13 rounds, there will be 17 - however, only teams with open slots on their practice squad before the draft will be awarded picks in rounds 14-17. So, before anyone freaks out about additional rounds, understand that they most likely will not be full rounds or even all take place (i.e. you may have a Round 16 with only a few teams picking or if every team has at least 3 players on their practice squad going into the draft, there will be no need for the 17th round to even be held).

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,245 posts
That sounds basically correct, yeah.

Those "extra" rounds will function just like normal rounds do in the case of someone having traded for extra draft picks. If your roster is not full, you will pick. If it is full, you will not pick.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Sounds shiny.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,245 posts
Did we make a decision on Danger?

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
As much as I like the guy, I think since we want to try to boost the board smack talk and interaction, we should cut him loose and find a replacement.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,750 posts
...or we can ban someone else. I'm an Admin, I can make it happen, yo.
  • Darth Lohr +1 this

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,245 posts
Well skiff hasn't posted since early April. No idea if he's loved llogged on since then.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
And who would you ban oh great and powerful one

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
I head to Italy on Thursday and will be returning in 21 days from now.

This period shall therefore be used as a 'roll-call' to see which members of the league are actually still here and wanting to participate. If you wish to withdraw or anything please do so within the next 21 days. I will create a new thread so that it has a bit more visibility and send out PM's. That way when I return in mid-July we can get on with deciding things and see how the league structure will actually pan out. Then we can draft early August and we should be ready by Sept 9th!!!

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,750 posts

Hmmm. Well, it would be the best way to ensure UKLK doesn't three-peat. :rock:

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
Can I pay you off to ban SuperDragon?

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• 4,154 posts
:cry: :shrug:

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts

Hmmm. Well, it would be the best ONLY way to ensure UKLK doesn't three-peat. :rock:

Fixed
  • Rock +1 this