Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NFF 2013 League Meetings

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

I see one of our teams in another league has two owners. Is this something you guys would be opposed to? This way, I could at least communicate for a roster change to made made before a game when 1) computer is unavailable, and 2) mobile version of ESPN Fantasy is not cooperating (and for me, this happens a lot).

Multiple ownership of teams (limited to two individuals) could also be a decent way to make an easy transition when we know an owners is on thye way out. Their replacement can be selected, made the 2nd owner, share opperations with the current owner for a season or two, then gradually take command.

Thoughts?

Works for me. Hell, if someone recruits a non-NN friend to help them with their team, maybe they can convert them!

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
There will be nays who say "this is a Nightly league," and they may be right.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts

One day Dex might even join :)/>

There's a better chance of me kissing Darth Krawlie in the mouth.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

There will be nays who say "this is a Nightly league," and they may be right.

Well, that's why I was hoping for conversion. We need new blood in Sports! Seriously, though, if it was one of us who owned, drafted, and ran the team and simply wanted a friend to be their backup & have access to their team in case of emergency, I'd probably be open to that.
  • Exodus +1 this

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts

Voting Discussion-

Flex Spot- I'm against just making the flex RB/WR/TE, but I wouldn't be opposed to having RB-RB-WR-WR-FLEX. That's a pretty traditional lineup setup. Maybe.

I have done leagues like this in the past, and while it worked then I am not sure about now. RBs have been devalued some in the NFL, enough to where I wonder how tough it would be for most of us to have 2 viable RBs. I haven't looked at the numbers yet, so I could be wrong. My thinking of the RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX (WR/RB/TE) gives more options mainly for the bye weeks when injuries or bad matchups make putting a 2nd TE in a good idea.

I do know I missed a trade request (I think). Yea my bad on not checking PMs, though I do wish the host or whatever would fix the mobile. Sometimes it shows me the notifications, other times not. Now I know, so I check everytime I log in on my phone. Either way sorry to anyone I ignored in that aspect.

I for one had fun last year, though I didn't post enough in the thread, which I shall try to be better at. I do feel like the few times I tried to trash talk I sucked at it, people ignored it or took it personal and got pissy (or maybe I took it personal and got pissy).

If people want to have posting be an important part, what to do in regards to Danger, assuming he is gone for good?

And when things get rolling near the start of the season, if someone needs help let it be known. I never got the impression help was needed until well after the fact, and maybe a few others felt the same way?

So about the rookie keepers. Is there a way to set a few teams up with ESPN that can not be a part of the scheduled games? If that can happen, we could set a few teams up with 2 or 3 owners per team and load them with the keepers.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
I like that idea regarding flex. I like the flex spot including RB/WR/TE. There were times last season where I had two viable TE options and obviously could only use one.

So I'm on recording as saying this proposed flex should work as Ash suggested.

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,915 posts
I know I'm more settled so I'll be around a little bit more, though I'm still voting for more drinking

also with the facebook aspect, those that aren't on it are on twitter and I know you can link posts from facebook to automatically appear on twitter, so if you need any help with that Rock, just let me know!

as far as position changes or point scoring, I'm good with the majority as long as it's not on the fly and we're given time to adjust (but I'm sure we're all in agreement there)

must say the PM system on nightly sucks on a mobile device

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Mother**** Facebook

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Oh, you just want an excuse to kiss Krawlie.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Would the RB/WR/TE flex replace or be in addition to the current RB/WR/TE? Just clarifying

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

Daily, nightly, and ever so rightly.

• 14,874 posts
Man Lucas and Rock got me pumped up!

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts

Would the RB/WR/TE flex replace or be in addition to the current RB/WR/TE? Just clarifying

In my mind it would replace the current flex spot that is RB/WR.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Y

In my mind it would replace the current flex spot that is RB/WR.

Yes. What is currently on the table is simply adding the TE position to the current flex spot.

While adding an additional spot has been mentioned by one or two people, it's not what most of us have been talking about.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts

it would replace the current flex spot that is RB/WR

Oooh, right. Well that's a definite yes from me.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
So ... we voting this **** or what?

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
Funny I was bout to say the same. Want to make the voting thread?

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
I just find it funny that everybody's all "Let's keep the league alive!" but none of us, myself included, is showing much forward momentum.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
That's part of the reason we've been trying to get the meeting started as soon as the season ends, before everyone totally goes out of fantasy football mode. It's too hard to get everyone gathered together and keep them focused, and it's too easy to forget all of those things you wanted to bring up earlier in the year.

As far as I can tell, there's really only been three things brought up so far (adding TE to the flex, using IDPs, and PPR). I think most people have already voted on those things within this thread. If I get a chance later, I'll go through and make a tally to see where we're at, exactly.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,246 posts
Well, it is April.

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Screw it, let's draft now.
  • Darth Lohr +1 this

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

Well, it is April.

Yeah, I know we're not in a hurry from a time constraint standpoint. The only problem I can see here is that the longer the meeting goes on, the harder it will be to get everyone's attention & focus back to the issues at hand. Still, Gar's right. We have time, guys.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
Topic discussion: since we want better activity in regards to everything, and as some have said keeping an updated lineup isn't good enough, what do we do with Danger's team? He still banned right?

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,751 posts
Well, technically he isn't banned from ESPN, so he could set up his line, etc. The only thing that sucks is that this a community and we all like to post here, run smack, send trade proposals, etc. Having someone banned (And I don't see him coming back anytime soon) does put a damper on at least one owner. We could put it to a vote to remove him I suppose (Ala CF). Then we would be at 11 so someone else would have to go.It sucks, because I was looking forward to playing Danger, thought his creativeness would be fun.

So it's up to you, Commishes.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,246 posts
His creativeness would have been fun, but we're losing that creativity without him on nightly, right?
  • Exodus +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,751 posts
I suppose so.