Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NFF 2013 League Meetings

161 replies to this topic

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

More important that rule changes, I think we need to talk about league participation (for both the NFF and NBF). Lucas has virtually no free time and is very frustrated. He may not even play this year. If he does, he won't be able to do the amount of work he's done in the past. The same can no doubt be said for Rock, who is continuing to have health problems. As for me, I'm going back to work this fall and my computer time will drop drastically.

Even aside from the nuts & bolts of getting the league going every year, we had piss poor effort in general. From people not doing everything they could to make the draft go smoothly, to setting their lineups every week, to even responding to trades, it's too often been like pulling teeth. If the leagues are going to survive and actually be fun for everyone, then everyone needs to be committed. Not through lip service, but through action.

• Rock +1 this

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Where, when, and who is that random quote from?

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Here. Now. Me. It's quoted to draw attention, because it's important.

Super Dragon

Super Dragon

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
PPR- Sure.

Flex- Yes, please.

IDP- No thanks.

Championship - This year.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts

Here. Now. Me. It's quoted to draw attention, because it's important.

I was wondering because with no context it was very confusing.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
I vote 'No' on IDP :rock:

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

I was wondering because with no context it was very confusing.

It really doesn't matter if it was Kermit the Frog who said it back in 1974, it's all true.

I vote 'No' on IDP :rock:

Say whaaaaaat?!? :eek:

;)

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
Hopefully my health problems will be resolved before next draft! Who the hell knows. On the plus side, I had blood labs done last week and they all came back a-okay! I still have this horrible nausea thing that won't go away, so that needs to be licked. But it was encouraging that everything else with me has made drastic improvements - including the elimination of my diabetes!

Anyway, that's off topic I suppose, but I hope to be okay to help out with any draft help or anything else you guys might need.
  • the skiff guard and Darth Lohr +1 this

the skiff guard

the skiff guard

Cubits?

• Members
  • 9,477 posts
I vote Yes on PPR

I vote Yes on 3-way flex position

I vote no on IDP

the skiff guard

the skiff guard

Cubits?

• Members
  • 9,477 posts
I also say we get rid of kickers

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
Why get rid of kickers?

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Yeah that's random.

Darth Irish

Darth Irish

Daily, nightly, and ever so rightly.

• 14,874 posts
For the keeping up with the league part, we may want to utilize the ESPN functions more, especially the email league function for lineup reminders.

I'm torn on PPR. It's more than just a little quirk to the scoring. It drastically affects player values (Welker is a perfect example, 1 point per catch gives him more than 100 extra points for the season). If that's the way people want to play, so be it, but some might be disappointed by the current makeup of their teams as far as keepers go at RB/WR/TE and have to endure a rebuild -- myself included.

We also need to fix the rookie/developmental player rules now that we are a year in. Given limited time with work/kids it is difficult to keep up with activations and demotions on my end. I think once a player is activated, they cannot be sent back. He'll, I think I picked up someone's rookie last season.

In preparation of the draft, we will also need to make sure the trades are up to date, and this should be the first year where developmentals need to be kept as regular keepers or thrown into the pool (3 years rule).

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,915 posts
beer

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts

I've done full IDP before and loved it, but again, it was full IDP and we drafted every position. I came back to the Yahoo league this past season and have to say I really didn't dig doing just the three players. Seemed rather pointless, especially since we also have team D. I'd say for me it's an all or nothing thing with IDPs - and like Dex alluded to, we don't have time to draft "all". So, I say thee nay!

And I can pretty much guarantee that Rock will be a big ol' "NO", as well. He's always been against IDPs in the past.

I would totally be down for getting rid of DEF and adding DL, LB, S. Tackles only, no TDs. Just saying.

I vote to keep kickers.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Not at all what I'm proposing, danger. I said "all or nothing" for IDP and I know we won't move to adding all 11 defensive positions, so I have no interest in IDP. I'm actually rather happy with the recent changes we've made to D/ST. Last season they were much more relevant.

Are we seriously voting on removing kickers? No.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
I thought he was joking about the kickers. If serious, I vote we, ummm, keep the kickers.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
I don't know. Maybe it's time to just hang this league up. We can't even get Lucas up in this mofo anymore for input, among 3-4 other owners. Not to mention what DL was talking about with there being nobody who has the time to run it anymore. Or maybe it's time to contract the league down to the number of active owners. That might make everything easier to run for whoever does have time to do it and provide more good players for those of us who are here. I said from jump street expansion was a bad idea.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
I'm on board with whatever you guys decide. I saw that Danger and Skiff aren't too happy with Nightly, so that's potentially two more down. LucasBunchOfNumbers is most likely out, Irish is gonan be hellabusy, so maybe that's not a horrible suggestion, Dex.

If we do decide to hang it up, it's been a fun, fun time and I have no regrets with anything. I don't know how many other leagues who have had the amount of fun I've had these past 6-7 years.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
It has been a blast and I'd be sad if it went away, but I'd understand why.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
Are some of these non active owners around on facebook a lot? Maybe its time to move away from nightly to a place more user friendly.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
Actually, Rock, this thing was my only draw to nightly anymore. I don't know if you guys have any special things you do with this league that require more attention than a regular fantasy league...but I would definitely offer to help out.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

• 42,592 posts
Mother**** Facebook

groove terminator

groove terminator

There are two rules for success: 1.) Don't tell all you know

• Members
  • 2,915 posts
I still see a lack of beer in this thread!

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

Are some of these non active owners around on facebook a lot? Maybe its time to move away from nightly to a place more user friendly.

It's not about where people spend their social time, it's about following through on the commitment you make when you join the league. During the owners meeting, you stop in a few times to voice opinions or even at least just once to vote. You manage to stop in during your 24 hour window throughout the draft. You take 5 minutes to set your lineup each week. If someone sends you message about a trade offer or league matter, you shoot them back a quick reply.

That's all that is asked of most people, but even that seems to be more than some people are willing to do. Ash, you're a perfect example actually, given that you just blew off most of the NBF season. That sort of thing goes on in both leagues and that's killing them. All the banter and interaction at NN has always made the games more fun, but it's not essential. A certain amount of effort, however, is essential and not having it from everyone can suck the fun right out.

Reply to this topic