Before and After pics and stories?

Rock

I've read some articles that say that people who weigh themselves daily tend to do better, because it's actually less discouraging. Because you actually see the fluctuations and understand that you're looking at trends instead of just a snapshot.

I weigh myself first thing in the morning, I struggled to not do it more frequently at first, but now it's pretty consistent.

I've read a number of articles online where they suggest not to weigh yourself everyday because of the fluctuations since many people readily misinterpret their weight changes due to them. I really don't like to do that, though. The daily check helps me keep myself on task, regardless of what type of change I had that day. It's when I don't regularly check, like recently, sadly, that I don't pay much attention to what I'm eating and I start gaining weight.

I need to get back to counting my calories and exercise. When I've done that in the past over a long period, it has really helped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had to buy new pants again. The tighter pants I just bought are now comfortably loose, and the comfortably loose pants are now big. Also, down to a medium shirt from almost a XXL.

I don't know how many before pics there really are, because I have been so insecure, but I am going to try to find something good to illustrate it. Still have a ways to go, but I'm no longer sure if my goal weight is reasonable. I've shifted to more resistance training and I'm losing fat (lost 2 inches off my waist in 2 weeks) but losing very little weight.

Weight tracking can end up messing with you cause as you get more fit and add muscle weight could go up despite being healthier.

I tried to stop looking at just pounds and started tracking measurements instead. Waist, stomach, thighs, calves, forearms, biceps, chest.

If your weight stays steady, or increases, but the measurements go down-- you're still burning fat.

Also, track your cardio times. If you can do the same distances but better your time, you're doing the right thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Weight tracking can end up messing with you cause as you get more fit and add muscle weight could go up despite being healthier.

I tried to stop looking at just pounds and started tracking measurements instead. Waist, stomach, thighs, calves, forearms, biceps, chest.

If your weight stays steady, or increases, but the measurements go down-- you're still burning fat.

Also, track your cardio times. If you can do the same distances but better your time, you're doing the right thing.

This!

I used to weigh over 300 pounds, lost down to 198. Started working with weights and now weigh around 225. I was really getting frustrated and upset and didn't understand what was going on. Then I looked at where I use to measure my waist and measure my waist now. Not even an inch difference. So I started measuring the areas like Driver mentioned and saw I was improving in inches. Also I've been hitting PRs on my running, rowing, etc.

Nah I was already losing before I started Crossfit. It was a long, slow process. In fact, I didn't start Crossfit until after the weight loss.

For the initial weight loss it was just Weight Watchers and Cardio 6 days a week for about an hour. I did a lot of P90X, Insanity, Running, Spinning, etc.

When I started Crossfit is when I started weights.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.