Before and After pics and stories?

Rock

• 4 months later...

Thanks guys. It's been rough and slow, but that's the way it goes. I'm actually looking to go back to work first week of October, if I still have a job lol. I know once I get there I'll wish I was back home, but, again, that's the way it goes.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Had 2nd kid. About 15 lbs over my low weight. Ugh, it's so much harder this time. I don't know if it's because 2 kids are more work or if the baby is needier or what, but I have zero time to myself. I tried too hard to get back in shape while I was on maternity leave and gave myself Tendinitis, so I couldn't do anything for a month and then had to go low-impact. I haven't exercised since October. I'm not gaining any weight but I'm sure not losing it, either.

My wife was JUST about at her standard weight and then BAM baby number two. It's kind of understood it'll be about 1.5 years before she gets back to her typical weight. Pregnant women can't exactly diet, makes it tough.

Great to see everybodys stories here! Some really amazing transformations. Hope everybody that posted in '13 and '14 are still doing well. (updates, updates?)

I don't have any photos to share, but a story instead. At the start of July I went in for my yearly physical and got all that stuff done. They took the official weight and I wasn't too surprised with the result, 247. I think the highest I'd ever remembered being was 255, so it was right in that range. I knew I'd needed to lose some weight long before the physical. I was hoping to lose it prior to my vacation, but that failed spectacularly. As a result I don't think I'm looking too hot in any of those photos.

So a combination of that and seeing the real official doctors office weight was enough to get me to change my diet. Been drinking almost nothing but water for every meal and watching my portion sizes. Still eating everything I did before, but instead of 5 pieces of pizza, maybe 3 is enough. If I need to snack later, it's a salad or strawberries/blueberries. Adding just a little exercise in there too, namely jogging for about 20 minutes a day, 3 times a week.

Anyways, checked the scale today and was at 190 even. I'd like to lose another 10 or 20 lbs before I'm completely satisfied, but I don't think 57 lbs in 8 months is too bad.

I've dropped 25 since October. I still eat like crap because I love food, but I ride my bike 15 miles 4 days a week and work with a trainer 2 days a week. If i gave up burgers and pizza I'd be a teen model in no time.

But I'm doing that. Cholesterol and BP are fine so I'm not obsessing over a number.

Thanks, guys!

Congrats, buddy! You're doing it the right way by changing your lifestyle.... I'm envious, but very proud of ya, TR!

Yeah, that is the biggest thing probably. Toughest thing too, giving up the caffeine. I'm convinced the switch to water has made the biggest difference though. I've tried before with juice or kool-aid or that type of stuff and couldn't ever sustain it.

Wow, congrats Tusken, that's fantastic.

I've cut out sodas and trimmed on caffeine. Eventually, I'll get to the point where soda is disgusting. In the past, I've gone months without it, and I could barely get through half a can without wanting to vomit. Down to coffee every other day.

Cut down on carbs, eating lots of protein (meat, nuts, beans, etc.).

• 5 months later...

I've dropped about 47 pounds recently. A substantial amount of it was due to some health issues, but since then I've lost a good amount just because it's now easier to make good choices. I didn't even realize how badly I felt until I lost the weight and feel better about myself. It's been easy to gain weight through marriage, family and a more stressful job. I really didn't even notice that I had gained the weight until I started losing it. It came on so gradually over the past few years, and I've always been so otherwise healthy in terms of cholesterol, blood pressure and everything that my doctor has never mentioned it.

I went from right on the border of being obese according to BMI to being healthy, but I'm working at losing even more to be even lower in the healthy range.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.