Before and After pics and stories?

Rock

I'm not certain if that was 100% the reason, bro, but I'm sure it played a huge factor in it. Money and a bad back have been problems off and on so that could have contributed to it, but yeah, I was always apprehensive meeting anyone from here because of how ashamed I was.

And thanks again, guys. You have no idea what your support means to me, especially today. Yesterday and today have been horrible sickness wise (vomiting dry heaves, nauseated all day with no relief) and I'm totally bummed out that not only am I not getting better, I'm getting worse. I am going out of town this weekend, so I'm hoping a change of scenery and friendly faces will do me some good.

• 3 weeks later...

...but yeah, I was always apprehensive meeting anyone from here because of how ashamed I was.

I kinda wondered about that, circa 2007.

Yeah, I'm so, sincerely sorry that I didn't make an effort to meet you or Anne. However I do plan on making a MEET NIGHTLY TOUR OF THE US within the next few years and would love to put you two up at the top part of my list.

• 2 weeks later...

...but yeah, I was always apprehensive meeting anyone from here because of how ashamed I was.

I kinda wondered about that, circa 2007.

Yeah, I'm so, sincerely sorry that I didn't make an effort to meet you or Anne. However I do plan on making a MEET NIGHTLY TOUR OF THE US within the next few years and would love to put you two up at the top part of my list.

Eh hem! (Six and JC are two pretty awesome NNers to share a city with)

Just got back from Walmart a few hours ago and I'm down another 2 pants sizes! Got great fitting jeans and very affordable. It's super cool to walk into a retail store and find clothes that fit - no more CASUAL BIG & TALL for me. The only down part was that today I'm so super sick. Threw up a bunch. But I was so happy to buy regular fitting clothes that I tried to put it out of my mind.

I haven't posted in here yet because I didn't have any digital pictures readily available of my heavier days, but I'm getting ready to move to a new apartment in a few weeks and we've been going through boxes trying to seriously downsize (ah, how appropriate for this thread!). As I was going through one box, I came across some old photos of me in my raver days and it so happened that I was the same T-shirt in one of the photos that I was wearing today to go through the boxes (it had long since been turned into a grungy-work shirt). It also so happens that I was 30 pounds heavier in that picture and looked like crap in general - bad skin, lifeless eyes, a general air of unhealthiness... and the sad part is that I was exactly 10 years younger in that pic! I was 22 then and I am 32 now. I had my husband snap a quick shot of me so I could share this with you. I hope this is a motivation - even unshowered, wearing glasses and grungy from moving crap up from storage, I still look a helluva a lot better now than I did in my early 20s. ****, I would even go as far as to say I look younger than I did when I actually was younger!. Getting healthy is TOTALLY worth whatever it is you need to do to get there. I'm not skinny (nor do I believe I ever will be), but I can certainly boast that I am healthy (minus the smoking, but I'm working on that), and that is something to truly be proud of.

Here you go, before and after:

post-24094-0-94448700-1365548079_thumb.jpgpost-24094-0-21639200-1365548090_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.