Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Finally...

47 replies to this topic

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
...The Rock has come BACK...home. :rock:

Sup, everyone! Missed you guys. I had weight loss surgery at the end of September and it went horribly wrong. Wound up with my main incision infected to high hell. Then an abscess formed on the actual stomach, which led to sepsis infection that literally almost killed me, for real. They even told my mother to prepare herself that I was probably going to die. But I got stuff to do in this world, so I refused to go. Then I got real sick, so they removed my gall bladder. That's three surgeries in 2 months for those not keeping count at home. Then I had countless procedures where I had to go under for them to scope my stomach, repair leak in the stomach! Then they shoved a tube up my nose and down to my stomach and I had to live like that for 3 days! Ugh, it was awful. I do believe that was the worst part.

So that was pretty horrific. I wound up getting out the hospital a few days before the turn of the year. My desktop was dead and Nightly won't really work on my phone, plus I was just worn out, so I didn't get on here. I did miss you guys a lot and kept in touch with a bunch of you who are on my Facebook. But I am doing better now (not great, I'm still sick and getting treatment daily) and I bought a new desktop yesterday so I should be a regular here again.

The only silver lining is I lost over 100lbs! Still have about 60 to go, but I look and feel much better! So look out ladies of Nightly...... :rock:
  • The Maker, NumberSix, the skiff guard and 11 others like this

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

Actually, I am a rocket scientist

• 20,647 posts
Glad to see you back around here. You've been missed, even if I did get facebook updates. :)
  • Rock and Ryn +1 this

the skiff guard

the skiff guard

Cubits?

• Members
  • 9,477 posts
Good to have you back Matt

You've been sincerly missed
  • Rock +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
Who's Matt?

OH, I forgot to mention the worst part. For one of the surgeries, they put me to sleep like the other times...but in the middle of the procedure I woke up. But it was all ****ed up...I couldn't open my eyes or move anything to let them know I was awake. I could hear them crystal clear though. It was the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I found out later that in addition to putting you to sleep, the anesthesia also contains a paralysis element, which makes sense because you don't wanna be moving around in your sleep.

But yeah, I've had several nightmares about it since. Truly horrifying.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,848 posts
WELCOME BACK!! YOU'VE MISSED SOOOO MUCH!!
  • Rock +1 this

Jedi Jami

Jedi Jami

YOU were ok, WE were kick ass!

• Members
  • 8,899 posts
Welcome back, Rock! Glad you are doing better but Jesus Christ that sounds horrible!
  • Rock +1 this

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,746 posts
Man, you Nightly Mods will do anything to get out of doing your job. :eek:
  • the skiff guard and Rock +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,940 posts
Don't make me readmin you, Six.
  • Ryn +1 this

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,491 posts
WAHOO! YOU'RE BACK! :D
  • Rock +1 this

Cashmere

Cashmere

puppy mama

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 7,265 posts
Welcome back!!! So glad you are recovering and moving on from that horrible ordeal.
  • Rock +1 this

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts

Who's Matt?

OH, I forgot to mention the worst part. For one of the surgeries, they put me to sleep like the other times...but in the middle of the procedure I woke up. But it was all ****ed up...I couldn't open my eyes or move anything to let them know I was awake. I could hear them crystal clear though. It was the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I found out later that in addition to putting you to sleep, the anesthesia also contains a paralysis element, which makes sense because you don't wanna be moving around in your sleep.

But yeah, I've had several nightmares about it since. Truly horrifying.

Good lord, welcome to my nightmare. At least you didn't feel them inside you. TELL ME YOU DIDNT FEEL THEM OPERATING PLEASE
  • Rock and Ryn +1 this

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

Actually, I am a rocket scientist

• 20,647 posts
Wait, you felt it? Gaaaaahhhhh. I could kind of feel them digging around during my c-section, but it was more like pressure, and just kind of uncomfortable instead of painful.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
Holy ****, I've read about that happening during surgeries. That's awful!

Glad to have you back, bud.
  • Rock +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
No, couldn't feel anything, thankfully. However, a few days after, they shoved a tube up my nose, guided it down my throat until it hit the inside of my stomach. I FELT THAT. It was like that scene in Total Recall, but worse. Much worse. And it took 6 minutes.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,442 posts
ZOMG Rock. That's kind of bad ass of you in a way because of all those surgeries.

When they stuck the thing through my nose to pump my stomach so they could see where the ulcers were my gag reflex was so strong that I pushed that thing back OUT of my body. They had to give me shots to suppress the gag reflex.
  • Rock +1 this

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
Awwww yeah
  • Ryn +1 this

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,142 posts
Holy ****, this thread is going to make me go into the fetal position.

Again, welcome back Rock!
  • Rock +1 this

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,107 posts
Rock! How YOU doin'?
  • Rock +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

Monster of Mass Destruction

• Supporters
  • 8,714 posts
Glad you are Back, Rock! Sorry you had to go through all that, but it's great you are feeling better!
  • Rock +1 this

Joey Ramone

Joey Ramone

never forget

• Members
  • 11,577 posts
Hey, Rock, welcome back! I just cut in front of you on the AMA list.

I know know getting a tube into your stomach can be painful - my in-laws had an infant foster kid that had to have a feeding tube put in. I've heard all about how painful it is.
  • Rock +1 this

Han Solo

Han Solo

• Members
  • 5,100 posts
Hello

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts
hello!

Lanea

Lanea

Lurker

• Members
  • 3,906 posts

Hello

Why, Hello. :wave:
  • NumberSix +1 this

UK Legend Killa

UK Legend Killa

Double NFF Champion

• 19,652 posts
Glad you're better Rock.

Hopefully this means somebody will be able to actually challenge me for the NFF title and attempt to stop a three-peat next year....but I doubt it ;)
  • Rock +1 this

Chalcedony

Chalcedony

Infinity welcomes careful drivers.

• Members
  • 20,584 posts
OMG, Rock, I had no idea you were going through all of that! I'm glad you're doing reasonably well now. Wasn't there some less drastic way to lose weight? Like a juice diet or something? Glad it's working out, but DAMN, you could have been killed dead! And THEN how would you post on Nightly??
  • Rock +1 this

Reply to this topic