Starring Paul Giamatti as The Rhino

Darth Dude

• 4 months later...

Just saw Spidey 2 this morning and friggin loved it! A few will say too many villains but I thought it flowed pretty nicely and sets things up for the future movies quite well.

Also will another thing under spoilers, so you have been warned!

The death of Gwen, while different to the comics, I felt it worked quite well though with the way it happened there isn't that sense of revenge & hate there for Spidey and I am glad they decided to not bring in MJ in this one

Loved it too. My favourite Spidey film to date.

Don't get me wrong I like the first two Raimi films, but they didn't feel like Spidey to me. Maguire crying every second scene and Dunst being the constant damsel in distress didn't help. This film took what I loved about ASM and ramped it up. The main problem with ASM for me was the underdevelopment of the Lizard and his motives, this film managed to develop two villains really well and the cast were all fantastic. What was most important though was that it felt like Spidey, Garfield just embodys the character exactly as I'd always imagined it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had no real expectations seeing as I though the Amazing Spider-Man was just okay and didn't warrant a reboot. 2 was petty darned good. I almost wish I had seen it in 3d. And I also thought the too many villains thing is over played. Everyone is balanced well. Pleasant surprise indeed.

I really wanted to love this movie but couldn't. Maybe because I love the Raimi spidey 2 so much. Everything just seemed so predictable. The love story, the action, the ending. The only thing I seemed to enjoy was the humor. But even then, I still don't think it trumped Raimis #2.

I liked it. It was fun, it wasn't overly serious, it was at least moderately compelling throughout. Thought it was a great kickoff for popcorn-movie season. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are just terrific, they have amazing chemistry.

I was a little bummed we didn't get to meet Mary Jane after her parts were cut, but I assume that's because it would have lessened the emotional impact of Gwen's death.

Moderately compelling? Is that good enough? I don't know, I need a little more than that. The chemistry is undeniable though. That's what makes it all work. I don't think their story is as good as the previous franchise with Pete and mj, but they have better chemistry.

Yeah I (generally) can't stand the "honest trailers" or "everything wrong with x in y minutes."

I'll be the first to admit that I'm often not critical enough on movies, but on the flip side it's pretty rare that I don't enjoy a movie that I watch. To constantly nitpick and look for things that are "wrong" totally defeats the purpose of why I watch movies in the first place.

And I know I'm in a huge minority, but dancing Peter Parker cracks me up. It goes on too long but I enjoy that part. Maybe because it doesn't fit is why I like it. It's over the top and putting myself in tobeys shoes, I'm sure he enjoyed doing those scenes. I know I would and that's probably why I enjoy that part. I like part 3 as a whole. The final battle sucked bad. Fix that and I think they would've had a film on par with the first two.

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.