Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

the superman saga i want

back from the dead reign of the supermen

24 replies to this topic

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

• Exodus +1 this

Brett

Brett

• 1,976 posts
Oh, Superboy, he's a bad boy who plays by his own rules! Mmm yeah, I don't really miss the 90's.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Right on. While the Death/Return storyline wasn't OMGZ awesome4ALLTIME! it was fun. Superman should be fun and even FANTASTIC! None of this super reality stuff. That doesn't mean ADAM WEST. It just means allow Superman to be a... science-fantasy spectacular. yeah. Maybe that would work. All-Star Superman was essentially that anyway.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
Thank you for supporting your local comic shop!

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
Reign could really work in the sequel(s) if they were ballsy enough to kill him off in MoS. Zod would be a better victor than Doomsday too. Have the next film open with Cyborg Superman coming in and beating down Zod's ass.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
oh, brett. you pick the worst looking one, throw in your negativity, and leave. nice to have you here. that superman is funny and reminds me very much of what downey jr. made tony stark into. a levitt type actor could make it not stupid.

ryn, idk if you're being sarcastic or not...anywho, those are old as ****. i can't find any sign of a second print on them.

the man of steel fights for his life was pretty crazy awesome. there was a lot of cool **** in there. doomsday for doomsday and born again were the two most interesting out of the four, especially born again. the thing i liked about reign of the supermen is that they all acted completely different than the original superman. how awesome would a couple movies of superman with an avengers type team of...superman? and there's more than just fighting a bad guy going on, there's an actual story to uncover, here. this could be very cool with the writers, actors, directors, and technology we have today.

Guest_bodega_*

Guest_bodega_*
  • Guests
Yeah, the only thing that would make a Superman movie better is multiple Supermen.

:puke:

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
since you haven't read the story i'm talking about, there's the door, mother****a.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
We offering solutions for Superman?

I kind of like Torch's idea of doing him vintage Golden Age style, but I doubt a studio would go for it.

Honestly, adapting All Star Superman would be my dream. We don't need his origin, we don't need him dying. We've seen his origin twice, and now a third time, and Returns showed us what a world without Superman would be after the fact.

All Star had the simple ste-up of Luthor poisoning Superman. He knew he was going to die, so he really had to make good on helping humanity elevate itself by being an icon. Superman preparing the world to survive without him is a great story-- especially if it involves him finding the few supervillains that have the power to stop him, and stopping them first.

Guest_bodega_*

Guest_bodega_*
  • Guests
It was my idea to go vintage. And tinny, I read that at my puerto rican friend Felix's house when I was like 10

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
well now look who sounds like a hipster douchebag.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Bodie, ideas are like opinions which are like ***holes. :D

I adore the vintage idea because of several old Elseworld's tales that set Supes in that era. Also Tank and I over the years have batted around the idea of "Legacy Characters" in the DC. Whereby Supes, Wonder and Bats etc all existed in their created eras and there would be books that follow those "vintage tales". Meanwhlie there would be "modern tales" where a new character like say Terry McGuinness was Batman in our present and Superman was basically still himself, but older and grey (with the Clark Kent identity having passed away technically). Stuff like that. Anyway, yeah... we haz ideas! Woot!

Reign could really work in the sequel(s) if they were ballsy enough to kill him off in MoS. Zod would be a better victor than Doomsday too. Have the next film open with Cyborg Superman coming in and beating down Zod's ass.

OH! I LOVE!

Brett

Brett

• 1,976 posts

oh, brett. you pick the worst looking one, throw in your negativity, and leave. nice to have you here.

that's what I usually do! oh, and thanks!

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
you are a valued member of the community. it is in your debt.

why does superman always think that throwing bad guys into space will solve the problem? they always come back!

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts

ryn, idk if you're being sarcastic or not...anywho, those are old as ****. i can't find any sign of a second print on them.

No sarcasm. Lack of a UPC in the box is usually an indicator of a direct market print. (Longtime uses were Symbiote-Spidey head for Marvel and the DC Bullet.)

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
i don't see any roman numeral 2s either. that's awesome if they're originals. i thought i took decent care of these by keeping them in plastic. oh yeah, i read them once or twice :no:. that's what did it. damn kids.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

Monster of Mass Destruction

• Supporters
  • 8,720 posts
Hey Danger, they did try adapting 1/4th of that saga, less superman, once :lol: ....

Posted Image

Here is what I would like to see, after Man of Steel....

Movie 1
I would like to see Superman battle two foes:

Superman must contend with the Eradicator, inadvertently re-activated or even reprogrammed by Zod before his presumed defeat in the Man of Steal. Eradicator goes on a mission to remake Earth in Krypton's image. Supes defeats him, and the public at large still believe in superman and see him as their protector, but this causes am "anti-alien" scare in the US military, headed by General Lane, Lois's father.

Second half of the movie: Metallo, a cyborg that merges a criminal test subject with technology, who is secretly created by Luthor, a billionaire (an almost an evil version of Tony Stark) owner of Lexcorp which is the largest weapons supplier to the US Military, and his top scientist Hank Henshaw, at the behest of General Lane. General Lane brings Luthor the worlds only known piece of Kryptonite, which is what powers Metallo. Unfortunatly for Hank Henshaw, Metallo goes nuts, and causes an explosion severely burning Henshaw. Metallo is promptly unleashed on Superman. Of course, Superman ultimately defeats Metallo. The movie ends with Luthor visiting Henshaw, now somewhat insane after being burned over 50% of his body, in a hospital. Luthor promises to make him whole again, and help him gain revenge over superman, and that the "same mistakes with metallo, won't happen again." End Credits.

Movie 2 Death of Superman
I definitely would like to see a movie inspired by Death of Superman, with him VS Doomsday, minus Justice league, ending with the death of both. I think rather than make Doomsday a Kryptoniajn monster or a Government or Cadmus project gone wrong, just keep his origins a mystery.

The film starts with Superman and Luthor clearly at odds due to the last movie; Most people think Billionaire Luthor is a philanthropist, but supes discovers he was behind Metallo and wants to prove different and attempts to expose Luthor unsuccessfully, creating a powerful enemy in Luthor. Unfortunately this backfires on superman. Luthor runs a PR campaign smear on Superman, and it discredits him and turns the public against Supes.

Then Enter Doomsday. The military tries to stop him, then Luthor (in an effort to gain access to Doomsday's powers) tries to send his own forces after Doomsday but isn't scucessful. Finally, Supes comes back to save the day. The film ends with both Doomsday and Supes killing each other, a funeral, and Lois visiting the gravesite, noticing it has been broken in to, and Supes body is gone. End Credits.

Movie 3 Reign of Superman
For Reign of Superman, though, major rewriting. That was a mixed bag, anyway. I liked the Eradicator, and Cyborg Supes. Hated Clone Superboy and Steel.

If rewritten where you keep Eradicator, and Cyborg Superman, then replace Clone Superboy with a more Frankenstein like\less retarded Bizarro, with a larger focus on Luthor, trying to make a power grab post Superman and control Metropolis.

Eradicator, reprogrammed or possibly damaged, like the comics thinks he is Superman with some memory loss. He actually thinks he is superman, and attempts to reclaim his mantel as superman, like the comic, but goes too far in the extreme, and kills criminals.

The government labs at Cadmus, somehow obtained some of Supe's DNA post Doomsday battle, and attempts to clone Superman, which goes wrong, and creates a rampaging Frankenstein like Bizarro.

Finally, you have Cyborg Superman A third superman appears: the Cyborg Superman. At first he seems a savior, as he seemingly defeats Bizarro, and Edadicator. It is later revealed that the Cyborg Superman is Hank Henshaw, using an impoved version of Metallo, Kryptonite, and also some of Superman's DNA. It is also revealed that it was Eradicator that stole superman's body, and placed it in stasis (supes body is now alive but on life support, his mind and memories preserved with Kryptonian tech), at the fortress of solitude. With the eradicator's defeat, he realizes he isn't superman after all, and sacrifices his essence to bring superman back to life.

Supes, in a power suit, travels to Metropolis to Stop Cyborg Superman. They battle, and the suit is destroyed in the process. Superman ultimately defeats Cyborg Superman, and Luthor is exposed as the villain he is, and taken into custody. End Credits.
  • Ryn +1 this

Guest_bodega_*

Guest_bodega_*
  • Guests
Well, now that we know what happens they don't need to be made. Thank god.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,720 posts
No one likes my idea?
  • The Human Torch +1 this

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
Everything except for Doomsday.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,720 posts
:(

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts

Everything except for Doomsday.

Sheesh!
  • The Human Torch and Exodus +1 this

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
LOL

Nanten Janubi

Nanten Janubi

• Members
  • 337 posts
#1- Superboy has the hugest **** ever.

#2- Love how defensive danger is about this. All his replying posts have made me laugh: awesome.

danger

danger

loves you

• Banned Users
  • 4,201 posts
i don't know how to respod to that without sounding defensive, lol. yeah, when i was talking to brett i was sarcastic and was exhausted by people just pooping on stuff without actually talking about it. i thought dan's comments were funny. those were nut slaps of love.

Reply to this topic