Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Apocalypse on the big screen: when/how/etc

x-men apocalypse movies

41 replies to this topic

The Choc

The Choc

• 8,964 posts
When I ready the topic I thought some theater was showing Apocalypse Now on the big screen.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Yeah, now that you mention it. But there could be a way around that.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,466 posts

Looks like you're getting your wish, Ex: X-Men: Apocalypse Set for May 27, 2016

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
I'm surprised Exodus didn't make not of the DOFP trailer showing a lot of the future segments taking place in some sort of ancient temple... mayhaps it's where Apoc is entombed?

And if the next film is actually Age of Apocalypse maybe all the time travel done in DOFP leads to that being the present/future Logan returns to?

Edited by Driver, 05 December 2013 - 04:55 PM.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,237 posts

ohmanohmanohmanohman.

This could be downright amazing if done correctly.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
First off, I **** my pants just now when this came across my Facebook news feed.

Man, the possibilities. Does the shifting of the timelinecause his origin? Does it just awake him? Will there be any references to Kang, preluding the X-Men/FF crossover?

I'm hella excited.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts

I enjoy the idea of having the next few X-Men films involve time travel/fallout from Days and then boom into a team-up with the new F4 (hoping it's fun). If managed right it could go...

Days of Future Past

*explodes the timeline

Apocalypse

*immediate fallout

F4

*new version launches

X-Men / F4 vs Kang

*final "timewar" episode

• Exodus +1 this

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
A terrible rumor (IMO) is floating around out there that in a post-credits DofP scene, Apocalypse (as an alien) crashes to Earth in search of Magneto and then merges with him: http://www.firstshow...men-apocalypse/

Singer later tweets that "Apocalypse is not an alien," but still...scary territory.

It's like an echo of Onslaught's origin (Xavier and Magneto merged), and I don't like it.

Hopefully, it's bull****.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts

...and it was BS!

I still think doing the actual alternate Age of Apocalypse world on screen would be super confusing for fans, and maybe even a bit tired considering the time-shifting of DOFP. Apocalypse can still be villain in his own right though. There's plenty of storylines they could adapt involving him.

That said, DOFP did establish Wolverine has memories of the now alternate timeline. In House of M, and I think the original Age of Apocalypse, Wolverine knew things were different...

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Wasn't a big fan of the young Apocalypse look, but it's a start - and we have Horsemen.

Apocalypse...80's...disaster. That's what we know. And it will focus on the first class cast.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts

I'm sure that's just his original young body, and not his force-evolved power-up one he grows into over time. Kinberg has said "some" original X-Men will be in it too. Meaning Wolverine most likely, which will be interesting. The would basically be rebooting his introduction to the X-Men with the past Logan now will be meeting them early. The new timeline changes everything!

Or maybe instead of Weapon X he gets the adamantium by being a Horseman?

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

Monster of Mass Destruction

• Supporters
  • 8,719 posts

Or maybe instead of Weapon X he gets the adamantium by being a Horseman?

That would make sense...that is how they did it in the comics, after Wolvie pissed Magneto off for the 847,922,345 time and subsequently had his adamantium skeleton ripped out by him, isn't it? 

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
It might be neat if Apocalypse, being all powerful and ****, knows and acknowledges the fact that the timeline was altered and that it now allows for him to carry out his plans.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
That would be awesome.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
We have an official title. Source

X-Men v Apocalypse: Dawn of Doomsday

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts

It might be neat if Apocalypse, being all powerful and ****, knows and acknowledges the fact that the timeline was altered and that it now allows for him to carry out his plans.

That would be a great homage to Age of Apocalypse without actually doing it. 

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Let's just hope we don't get 80s Apocalypse, who as I recall had lame ass powers when he first came out. He was just a throwaway villain for X factor.

I'm sure they won't do that, but if they don't do the Age storyline I think it just might suck. My bet is that they'll try an 80s Apoc intro story and then segway into the Age storyline for the next film, and then go with Sinister after that assuming the franchise has any life left (big if, btw, as Hugh will be too old to play Logan and I don't see the franchise surviving without him).

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: x-men, apocalypse, movies