Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Supernatural Chat

supernatural winchester cw sam dean castiel

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

scarletbe

scarletbe

• Members
  • 16 posts
Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday. I did, but I'm missing the boys. Have y'all seen that clip of Castiel trying to be the "bad cop"?

I apologize for the commercials. Can't even watch a 30 sec clip without 'em.

http://www.cwtv.com/...79-e181a76b36c7

Iceman

Iceman

omit myself

• Members
  • 5,328 posts
Great Looney Tunes inspired episode! It was a real treat and so many funny bits, but my favorite had to have been when Dean was frozen in mid air with the words "Hunterus Heroicus" next to him. lmao

Mike Farrell from M*A*S*H* fame was a nice bit of casting too. I'm thinking his character's name, "Fred Jones" was a nod to the legendary animator Chuck Jones. :)

Edited by Iceman, 02 December 2012 - 10:30 AM.

• scarletbe +1 this

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Yeah, that was a pretty awesome edition of their annual whacky episode. LOL
  • scarletbe +1 this

scarletbe

scarletbe

• Members
  • 16 posts
Hey. Sorry all for failing at the recap this week. I finally got to watch the ep. Loved the cartoon theme. Not like anything we've seen before. Loved Mike Farrell. It was a bit disappointing he only got a few speaking parts. Amazing actor. Good call on the shout out to Chuck Jones. I bet that's exactly what they did. Cas deciding to be a hunter was cool. I like how he's back to being unaware of the human ways. Like when Dean asks, "What's the word Cas." and he tells him a shortened version of his name. Then when Cas tries to play bad cop. He needs to be careful doing all his research on tv. I liked how he compared Wily. E. and the Road Runner to God and man. I will never look at cartoons the same again. Before they discovered the cartoon arc I must admit Dean had me looking in a different direction. When they were doing research Dean said "heartbreak hotel" and "free fallin'". I was wondering if it was some kind of rock song thing. I guess because I haven't watched the good old cartoons in awhile, the title didn't clue me in. Still trying to figure out where they're going with the Sam and Amelia line. Now they have a place together and Sam has met dad. When the night seems to be coming together, Amelia gets a phone call. Don is alive. Seriously?! What the hell. So is that the end of Sam and Amelia? Did they just use this story to explain what Sam did while Dean was away, or is there a bigger point to this? I hope it gets explained and not just left at, Don is back and Amelia went to him. One thing that greatly surprised me was when Fred made the doctor shoot himself. Sam and Dean didn't even move a muscle to stop him. That was shocking. I guess maybe they both have hardened up quite a bit. The video went wonky so I didn't get to see what Cas did to help Fred so that he doesn't go down this road again. It seems that even though Cas isn't supposed to remember the meetings with Naomi he knows that something isn't right. I wonder what is behind his plan to depart from the boys for awhile. Will Naomi like this or does she want him to stick with the Winchesters so he can fill her in. I have a feeling they'll leave us hanging this week until after the break.

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,867 posts
I thought Sam left in the middle of the Night while Amelia and Dog were sleeping.
  • scarletbe +1 this

scarletbe

scarletbe

• Members
  • 16 posts
ah, that sounds like Sam. He wouldn't want to cause trouble for her. Maybe they just needed something for Sam to do for that year. Since he wasn't soulless, falling in love was almost a given. I still haven't watched the winter finale. I'm so behind.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

This is still probably my favorite show on and I realized that I never get to talk about it. I also need to go take a shower now, from all the dust covering this thread. Damn! Y'all still following this? If so, you may find this interesting: not much, but it's the first details I've come across about the upcoming spin-off...

Supernatural: Tribes

Danielle Savre (Heroes) will play shapeshifter Margo, who is the acting head of the leading shapeshifter clan. Margo is an "ex-punk rocker-turned-corporate professional" who will be threatened by the return of one of the other leads, David (Nathaniel Buzolic).

Also cast is Stephen Martines as Detective Freddie Costa, the Chicago cop mentor to newbie hunter Ennis (Lucien Laviscount). But Costa is also secretly being paid by the monster families that run Chicago.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
I'm still watching and loving the original series and its already been renewed for a 10th and most likely last season.

The spinoff, however, sounds bottomlessly terrible.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supernatural, winchester, cw, sam, dean, castiel