Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

X-Men: Days of Future Past

X-MEN Days of Future Past Bryan Singer x-men movie x-men movie 2014 x-men first class 2 x-men 5

352 replies to this topic

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
The first meeting of Xavier and eric. The ever changing beast (as he is human in x2). Hank built cerebro, no wait magneto helped x do it. Good friend of mystique in first class, seems to not know a thing of her in any others. Wolverine not knowing magneto in xmen.

Prolly more

Stallion

Stallion

• Admin
  • 22,932 posts
It's been awhile, aside from the quick bar scene, did Wolverine interact with magneto? If not, then I don't see that as a error. If I told two people to **** off that were bothering me at a bar, I'm not going to necessarily remember them years later. Plus wasn't he later shot with that admantium bullet?

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,345 posts
This thread:
>implying the comics don't have worst continuity
>implying it can't be fixed
>implying most of the continuity issues are big deals anyway

Even if Wolverine and Magneto had had a heart to heart, that wouldn't be continuity problem. First Class happened during the Cuban Missile Crisis in the 60s. Wolverine's memory wipe in Origins took place long after Vietnam.

Ashaman

Ashaman

• Members
  • 3,634 posts
Which means Emma ages backwards which is an awesome trick.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
Like Jacob said, there's been worse continuity issues, and worse fixes in the actual comics. Most of the stuff is minor. Even Xavier in and out of the chair has been covered. Eric and Charles being on and off again friends has also happened.

Psylocke was in X2 and X3 as totally different characters... if you go by the credits. Unless they are named onscreen, you can write that off easy, so the Emma in Wolverine doesn't really count.

Honestly, and this is a bad fanboy move on my part, I tend to go with whatever has the best story, not what came first.

Brett

Brett

• 1,975 posts
Who was Psylocke supposed to be in X2?

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Emma in Wolverine is not the White Queen, btw. Seriously.

Also... Wolverine was retarded. Wipe it from memory. Pretend it's a Brian "Striker, The Weapon X Master" Cox implanted memory. It's not real. Never happened.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,536 posts
I didn't mind much of Wolverine, but I do pretend X3 never existed, so I don't have a lot of problems with continuity.
  • The Human Torch +1 this

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
That's the spirit!

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
X3 can be wiped out by having Sinister appear with Scott and Jean having been imprisoned and genetically sampled from, while the Phoenix from X3 was her clone Madelyn Pryor. All ther mutants "cured" get their powers back when the "cure" wears off.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
Yeah my fantasy version of X4 fixes everything. Sinister has cloned Scott and Jean and they are living as Scott and Madelyn without their memories as a normal couple on Genosha, Sinister watching and waiting for her to give birth. The Phoenix gives Maddy Jean's memories so she can "become" her. Cyclops basically gets a reboot.

Meanwhile Charles has stuck his mind in the coma patient's body, but he can still make psychic scenarios where he can appear as himself whilst talking to other people.

Duke

Duke

Lord of the Binge

• Members
  • 4,611 posts

eg. The Spy Who Loved Me was rad. Moonraker sucked. For Your Eyes Only might be Moore's best. All Roger Moore, but we all just sorta ignore that Moonraker exists.

And Octopussy. And A view to a kill. Especially A view to a kill.
  • Ryn +1 this

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Anything with Christopher Walken is awesome.

Lets put him in this movie.

Duke

Duke

Lord of the Binge

• Members
  • 4,611 posts
Chris. Topher. Wal. Ken. is indeed awesome, but even he can´t save the horrible parody that is A view to a kill.

Apart from that, he should play every role in X4.
  • Exodus +1 this

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,128 posts
Wow.

http://insidemovies....n-page-ashmore/
  • Ryn +1 this

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,536 posts
Interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how all this plays out.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
I'm excited by all this, but as the cast grows I'm starting worry that it is just extended cameos.

That said, the latest quotes from Singer are really encouraging-- in that he's keeping all the X-films in mind. It really does sound like he's finding a way around the stupid forced end-all forced by the studio in X3

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,602 posts

Also... Wolverine was a lovey bear. Wipe it from memory. Pretend it's a Brian "Striker, The Weapon X Master" Cox implanted memory. It's not real. Never happened.

I didn't have a problem with Xmen Origins: Wolverine but considering the confusing aspect of having "Emma" and young Cyclops in it, they might be best off to write that movie off as some random, scrambled memory of Wolverine, rather than continuity.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
"Still no official word on returns for James Marsden, Halle Berry..."

And I'm totally fine with that.
  • Ryn +1 this

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts

Also... Wolverine was a lovey bear. Wipe it from memory. Pretend it's a Brian "Striker, The Weapon X Master" Cox implanted memory. It's not real. Never happened.

I didn't have a problem with Xmen Origins: Wolverine but considering the confusing aspect of having "Emma" and young Cyclops in it, they might be best off to write that movie off as some random, scrambled memory of Wolverine, rather than continuity.

Everybody is running the Singer quote where he says he's taking all the movies into consideration and fixing things.

Duke

Duke

Lord of the Binge

• Members
  • 4,611 posts
Could he fix Deadpool as well while he´s at it? I kinda like Wolvies solo stint... until they made a mess out of Wade. I mean, the wrong kind of mess, not the mess he oughtta be. Just remove the silly extra super powers, make him realize he´s in a movie and add duelling voices in his head and I´m happy.
  • Ryn +1 this

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,536 posts

Everybody is running the Singer quote where he says he's taking all the movies into consideration and fixing things.

Kinda scary because the film franchise is still pretty small and really only having to correct elements from the three films released post-United.

Exodus

Exodus

• 27,292 posts
Possibly more Ellen Page :D

http://www.cinemable...ryde-35467.html

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
Mark Millar is Captain Hyperbole. The dude ALWAYS runs his mouth. Remember when he said he had a superman trilogy all planned out and it was likely to happen? Then it turns out he was one of several people they took pitches from?

He's like the Rick McCallum of the cinematic X-verse

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Just got done flipping through x-men 141 and 142. I had forgotten what year the future storyline took place. It was 2013.
  • Ryn and Exodus +1 this

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: X-MEN, Days of Future Past, Bryan Singer, x-men movie, x-men movie 2014, x-men first class 2, x-men 5