Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

X-Men: Days of Future Past

X-MEN Days of Future Past Bryan Singer x-men movie x-men movie 2014 x-men first class 2 x-men 5

352 replies to this topic

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts

Posted Image

Filming starts in April under the direction of Bryan Singer: http://blogs.coventr...-productio.html

So, who do you guys think they'll choose to reach out to? Who do you think will/won't accept?

Discuss!

Edited by Exodus, 09 November 2012 - 09:13 AM.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,463 posts
I've read Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, and Halle Berry are all talking about appearing, as well as several other members of the main series cast. I hope so. I want this movie to squash all the First Class reboot talk. I know the continuity isn't perfect but it's nowhere near screwed up enough to not have the series meet.

Unrelated but kind of related, The Wolverine movie that's filming right now takes place after X-Men 3, so it's not exactly a sequel to Wolverine Origins.
  • Ryn +1 this

Guest_bodega_*

Guest_bodega_*
  • Guests
Bring back Nightcrawler
  • The Human Torch, Darth Lohr and Darth Krawlie +1 this

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Singer is back? Wow I've been in some sort of geek coma if that was known already. So cool! My interest is immediately higher.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Could really do without Halle Berry, but definitely would like to see Patrick Stewart & Hugh Jackman. I agree Nightcrawler would be cool, while I'd really like to see Kelsey Grammer back, as well.

Krawlie, I saw a Hugh Jackman interview where he basically said the new Wolverine film will be "independent" of the last one. I got the feeling they were really trying to pretend that last one didn't happen (and they're probably not alone)!

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
It's good that they are pretending the last one doesn't exist! Why be tied to suck? Why waste opportunity on a reboot?! Just go with it.

OO7 is a perfect example of this working and audiences accepting it.

eg. The Spy Who Loved Me was rad. Moonraker sucked. For Your Eyes Only might be Moore's best. All Roger Moore, but we all just sorta ignore that Moonraker exists.

Same with Star Trek as well. IMO there is Khan, Search, Voyage and Undiscovered. That's it. Nothing else exists.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
IMDB has already got Mystique, Xavier, Magneto, and Azazel down as returning characters w/ the same actors. Just thought I'd share that, especially considering the mixed feelings on Azazel.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
I was actually hoping he'd be back if they had Nightcrawler.

For some reason, I forgot about Magneto. Hopefully, this will also mean Ian McKellen will be in it, too.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
If I had a wish, I'd heavily consider wasting it by wiping Azazel from existence.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
I hope they don't pull any punches with this. A lot of mutants need to die, especially in the future because that continuity gets wiped out in the end.

I also hope they get Hugh Jackman. The story just won't be the same without Wolverine.

I doubt they're gonna give Kittly Pryde the lead in this story, as her character hasn't been utilized much, so I'm curious as to how they're gonna work the time travel thing. I can't think of anyone in First Class who could play the Kitty role.

I've got a feeling that the Sentinels aren't gonna be real size Sentinels. My guess is that they'll be more human size, which kinda sucks. That's assuming they even use Sentinels at all.

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts
If they use real size Sentinels it could draw out some of those Transformer fans.

Guest_bodega_*

Guest_bodega_*
  • Guests
Interesting developments

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan are both in!

That makes this awesomer.

I'm still feeling like they really need Hugh Jackman, even though he's filming Wolverine this second.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,463 posts
Jackman seems to love playing the role and is very appreciative of it, so I'd be surprised if he's not in it.

I really hope this helps put to rest the reboot talk. I really don't think the continuity of the x-men films is THAT screwed up (especially in comparison to the comics), and this film could really help tie it all up.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
Totally agree.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Me three!

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
I don't know. In DOFP you have two timelines, past and future, and ultimately the events of the past wipe out the future in a T2 kind of way. If you don't wipe out the future, I don't know how you can call it DOFP. And since wiping out the future would essentially create an alternate reality, I think we're looking at a reboot, and I'm all for it.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,487 posts
Every time I see this thread title, I'm like,

Nights in white satin.

Never reaching the end.

Letters I've written.

Never meaning to send.

CAUSE I LOVE YOU! YES I LOVE YOU! WHOAAAAAA HOW I LOVE YOUUUUU!!!!!!

Yep.

Anyway.

Am I the only person who liked First Class? Anyway, I haven't read the comic, but this sounds like a good way to continue with the movies.
  • Exodus +1 this

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
^I liked 1st Class until the finale started.

I don't know. In DOFP you have two timelines, past and future, and ultimately the events of the past wipe out the future in a T2 kind of way. If you don't wipe out the future, I don't know how you can call it DOFP. And since wiping out the future would essentially create an alternate reality, I think we're looking at a reboot, and I'm all for it.

It's all semantics.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
Its a case of rebooting in a way that doesn't invalidate movies made just a handful of years previous and let's them both go in a new direction, but not close the door on actors and situations previously established.

Kind of like how JJ Abrams' is technically an alternate timeline skewed from the original Trek. (Shut up Torchie) it's fan service.

Short answer: a reboot that let's them keep Wolverine and not invalidate his solo movie that's also in production.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
It's not an alternate timeline, it's a parallel universe. There is a difference. And that isn't semantics. Abramstrek is different prior to Nero ****ing with it, it's also the only logical reason Spock-Prime would resign himself to the "changes", because they aren't really changes to his universe, he has no idea how this universe was supposed to be, just that it is obviously not his universe.

:p

But yeah, you make a valid point.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Refresh my memory, how were things different prior to Nero getting there?

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts

Short answer: a reboot that let's them keep Wolverine and not invalidate his solo movie that's also in production.

I'm not so sure. I've got a feeling that we're going to wind up with another New X Men origin story, one that's going to be more faithful to the comics where Prof X scours the globe to recruit a team to save the old X Men who are being held captive, and after doing so they become the new X-Men. If that's the case then technically this new Wolverine movie will have never actually happened.

It would be cool if they could tie it into DOFP, but seeing as how it's coming out first I don't think they can. Maybe they could add a scene after the credits where Prof X comes to recruit him and Wolverine mysteriously doesn't know who the hell he is.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,463 posts
Now that Fox has Mark Millar to oversee their Marvel movies, considering his vocal desire to have the Fox Marvel universe and the MCU make sense, I'm sure he's doing the best he can to make sure DOFP, First Class, the original X-Men trilogy, and the Wolverine solo movies all come together cohesively.
  • Ryn and Driver +1 this

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Maybe DOFP will be a past, future, and present story, with the future being a Bishop type of future, and the alternate timeline branching off due to X actions in the present, not the past.

I just hope a sports almanac is not involved.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: X-MEN, Days of Future Past, Bryan Singer, x-men movie, x-men movie 2014, x-men first class 2, x-men 5