Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

The Human Torch

Beat it.

Not going to lie, I desired a little more from the ending.

not at all surprised with the solas reveal. made solas more interesting, for sure. honestly, i suspected something about him from the beginning, but ditched him after haven and just kind of forgot about it. blackwall not being a grey warden caught me by surprise. i'm not sure if it's how it plays out in everyone's ending, but leliana is the new devine.

I thought the Solas thing was a nice twist. He seemed a little shady to me and always dissapproved of everything I ever did. So the added plot at the end made him interesting for me again. I didn't see the Blackwall thing coming either.

I still like him, but I have to admit I like him a little less knowing that he lied.

As for the Divine, Cassandra is my Divine. You can get Cassandra, Leliana or even Viv as divine, depending on your choices in the game.

Okay, so...

It was a let down when after all the effort you spend in claiming quarries, logging stands and such to make improvements to skyhold.. They make no difference. There is no final siege or epic battle at skyhold as I was expecting, which would have given all my efforts during the game significance and purpose. In the Mass effect series you could make upgrades to the Normandy (your ship) and those upgrades would have a significant effect on the outcome of certain final missions. It would have been great if the same applied to skyhold. But alas. That cheapened my experience somewhat, but does not take away enjoyment from questing.. Rather it just makes it obvious how this game didn't quite live up to it's potential.

Also, I was lead to believe that by becoming leader of the inquisition you could either be a saviour or lead the world to ruin. Unfortunately, there is no way to do this. Victory is guaranteed and there is little variation in final endings despite my efforts to play differently. I was excited when I did the mission to recruit the Templars and an Envy demon was tempting me and showing me potential futures. I thought "cool, I get to lock everyone away and rule with an iron fist, perverting everything the inquisition stands for if I want??" Sadly no. Can't do anything of the sort. The closest you can get to being a tyrant or move away from the god-sent saviour archetype is executing a few prisoners whom probably didn't deserve quite as severe a punishment. It was a disappointment that there wasn't as much scope for variation in morality and ethics or political outcomes as I was lead to beleive.. However I do believe Bioware tried their hardest to acheive this. Yet they fell short for whatever reason. Its not so bad as it felt like it did when Destiny came out.. and failed to deliver on EVERYtHing they claimed.

For me, this game could've nearly been perfect but fell short in those areas. Not to mention the combat system I am not a fan of.. Never liked the "lock on to target, hold button down" style of gameplay. Press X for whatever spell.. But that's beside the point. I'll sacrifice gameplay for solid narrative any day. And perhaps that's why I'm A LITTLE disappointed, the narrative wasn't quite as interactive as I thought. Not as many variable outcomes from te decisions you make. I know they wanted it to be so, and tried as hard as they could.. But I feel like there was more variation in narrative outcomes in a game like Skyrim or even Mass Effect.

Having said all my nitpicky ****. I am playing it again as an elven Mage and I have enjoyed being able to tell people I don't believe in the Maker, it's a load of ****, and I worship the old gods. That's cool.. I just wish there were more attention to detail so I could kick the chantry out of the inquisition so I never had to listen to idiotic priests and sisters spouting their rediculous devout **** about the maker.

[/ end rant]

I've still not finished. I'm level 14 and loving the hissing wastes!

Other than hinterlands, hissing wastes was oddly my favorite stomping ground. Really enjoyed emerald Graves and Crestwood as well.

Fallow mire and forbidden oasis were by far my least favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys - just a quick question. Would you say the deluxe version is worth getting over the regular one do the PS4? It's a fair bit more over here - £55 ($82) compared to £40 ($60) on Amazon.

Seems to have a few more bits, but sometimes they are only useful at the start of these types of games, and so might not be worth it in the long run.

The already crafted Deluxe items are nicely powered for early levels. Once you get to your main base, several main quests in, you are then given Schematics for those Deluxe items that you can recraft with any material to customize and enhance their stats... making them useful thru the entire leveling process. The items are all designed on the theme of dragons, btw. So dragon scale/leathery armor looks, dragon art on weapons. The dragon wing shield is nice, looks great on the warriors. The dragon hilts on weapons, unfortunately, get overridden by any enhanced hilts you put in them. That might be glitch however, because it is an odd choice if intentional... the hilts really are the unique part of the weapon.

But the items are just items, no story stuff.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.