Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

The Human Torch

I rolled with Vivienne and sera a lot. Their mutual animosity provided some pretty classic banter. Vivienne and Iron Bull together are pretty classic too, she somehow manages to tame him and make him call her Ma'am or Madamme or something. Classic. Loved the dialogue between iron bull and Sera with bull always trying to come up with new ways to fight with sera. Like asking her to jump between his horns and that. Funny funny stuff

Granted I haven't finished the story yet however I can't believe Iron Bull gets tamed. I think that due to his job he simply acquiesces to Viv and others. It's easier to gain information when people talk to you.

As for Viv, I am wary of her because while loyalty to a method of peace/order is honorable I get this creepy oppressor vibe from her too. She seems built to be the Hates Herself/Her People archetype, an Elsa without an Anna.

Where I am at in the game I only trust Varric and Cassandra. Varric being the teller of truths thru lies and Cassandra being a seeker of truth is awesome. Both have demonstrated the ability to stand whereever the truth points to and not where they wish it did.

Leliana is scary, almost zealous. That combined with her feeling lost has me worried. As a veteran of the franchise I've never fully trusted Cullen because he's essentially a POW and I am wary of the First Blood moment that will snap him. Josie is a Playa, nuff said there.

Sera is intentionally obtuse and excessively giddy, which means to me that she's hiding something very painful and that makes her potentially dangerous.

Bull is a liar, so nuff said there.

Solas stinks of mischief to me. Much too calm, like he's over compensating.

Dorian is a rebel outcast from an empire of extremists, this may mean he's moderate or so far off his rocker he's even more dangerous than his brethren.

Blackwall feels like an actor trying his best to impersonate someone famous but the performance is just slightly off. I'm certain he is not who he says he is.

I know Cole is somewhere, haven't found him yet. He's a character from the novels however so I won't need to ponder about who he is, it's already established. That said, I already don't like him.

So basically, at this point, I feel like I'm in bed with snakes.

Just the fact that you can sum up the characters personalities in a couple of lines speaks to the mastery of Bioware on this game. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well deserving of all the GOTY awards it's getting. And it's encouraging to think that pretty much everybody from this fantastic team moved over to work on Mass Effect now.

Well it's just first impression stuff, but this story more than other Bioware games I've played does feel based on the 'everyone is hiding something' premise. However that is appropriate with a plot dealing with Orlais, given what DA lore says about it so far.

Side: One of the war table only "missions", sarcastic quotes as we do nothing in these ones, deals with the town of Serault. That town is the setting for the text based short story game that can be accessed via the online DA Keep. Once I got the hang of the game's resource management it became interesting. It's cool to see it referenced in DAI.

I don't really get the impression that anybody is hiding anything! Solar probably knows more that he is saying but I think Sera is just concerned about helpjng the small folk rather than all of the politics so she covers that up by pretending to be sillier than she is.

Leliana is definitely a bit crazy and probably going to be more so by the time I finish. Quite like Cullen though, he's there by his own will and is fighting tooth and nail to make it work.

I just caught Cassandra reading Swords and Shields which is hilarious, especially her reaction.

Did any of you import your saved games from the Keep and/or play with a darker timeline? I started off as default so that might explain some differences between games.

My world state is (in short):

Male Dalish Rogue Warden

Romanced Morrigan + Old God Baby

Alistair is sole monarch of Ferelden

Companion quests completed

Made a deal with the Architect

Went into the Eluvian with Morrigan

Female Warrior Hawke

Unrequited Romance to Aveline *head canon

Fought the Arishok solo

All companion quests completed

Bethany alive and a Circle Mage

Sided with the Mages

Female Marquis of Serault

Romanced the Elegant Abbess

Uneasy alliance with The Forest King

Helped Morrigan

Governed Justly and Prosperously

Earned back the family honor

Yeah I played with 2 different world states... Kinda only made superficial changes to the game. Nothing major other than who would be certain NPCs depending on the state. Not like, by having one monarch instead of another is the kingdom noticeably more brutal and thereby a lot of conversations and quests altered. That'd be cool, but alas. World states don't have that significant an impact.

I mean, the narrative alters somewhat as a result but no changes to gameplay or quests.

In the beginning, I tried for Cassandra, but failed, and kind of by accident, started something with Josephine. Just last night, finally took the next step in our relationship, lol. Not a sex scene, but we proclaimed love for each other. Josephine is a helpless romantic. It's pretty funny/cheesy.

still been leveling up and just doing quests. i'm at 19 now. going to get to 20 and give the final episode a shot. i just completed all 3 major additions/remodels to skyhold. kind of bummed out i didn't get an achievement, haha. according to the dialogue in my party and a short conversation with dorian and iron bull, they're supposedly in a relationship together. interesting.

Honestly, other than the hinterlands dragon, the 3 I slayed today were pretty painless. I was level 19 and 20 killing the 3 today. Being a knight enchanter mage is almost unfair. I just continuously cast barriers onto my teammates and as long as I'm non-stop bashing on the Dragons with my knight enchanter powers, my self barrier just automatically regenerates.

Honestly, other than the hinterlands dragon, the 3 I slayed today were pretty painless. I was level 19 and 20 killing the 3 today. Being a knight enchanter mage is almost unfair. I just continuously cast barriers onto my teammates and as long as I'm non-stop bashing on the Dragons with my knight enchanter powers, my self barrier just automatically regenerates.

Yeah I saw that build on IGN and how good it was for dragon fights. Can spec Vivienne up in that class. Unfortunately my characters were Reaver, Templar and a Necromancer so no luck there..

Spoilers: Hawke and the Hero of Ferelden

I think it's lame the HoF has no real involvement in this game. I like that Hawke is around and what can occur with that, but otherwise both these previous PCs (if the HoF survives Origins) are just... existing. Seems out of character. As such I redid my World State:

HoF Ultimate Sacrifice. Morrigan pregnant but no OGB, I dig this mother storyline for her. Warden Alistair kills Loghain, stays a Warden. Anora rules Ferelden.

Warden Alistair means I get him as a temporary companion during Hawke's mission, yay! Way better than the two second cameo if he's king. Makes more sense to me as well seeing as how Ferelden is doing nothing about enemy forces within it's boundries, that made King Alistair look inept. I have no problem with Anora looking that way however. lol Also I'm going to Ultimate Sacrifice Hawke during that mission in Inquisition now. Boom. No loose ends. No massively powerful heroes just sitting around while the world faces the apocalypse.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.