Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

The Human Torch

• 1 month later...

Pre-ordered and pre-loaded the PC version.

I swore to never buy another Bioware/EA game but the lure of this was too strong. I'm hearing from reviews and people who's played it that the game is awesome but a lot of people are asking for it to be patched. For the PC the Mouse and Keyboard system is meant to be a bit lame, as is the tactical view system and the cut scenes are frame limited to 30FPS which is annoying a lot of people.

One thing I read that really shocked me was that they've abolished the tactics system. So you can't customise your followers abilities and manage how they use them any more. You can set a priority but that's it. Also there is no numerical stats based system as you level up so you can't spend point in STR, DEX etc it follows a different route that does that for you.

I'm still excited for this Friday when it's released over here but I do wish they would patch in those things.

PC users are noting the control scheme is lame and consoley, console users are saying the controls are great, as a result PC users are suggesting that a pad be used not keyboard/mouse. Bioware has responded saying they are looking into possibilities, all potential changes due in future patches.

Bug reports are running wild and mostly unconfirmed, but most seem to fall into issues with cosmetic player character problems; random voice changes, dialogue referring to the player as a girl no matter their sex and custom world states being inconsistently acknowledged.

I have the game on PS4, but it is an Xmas gift so I won't be playing until at least Boxing Day.

Been playing it a ton since it came out and it's fantastic. There is almost a comical amount of stuff to do. I find myself doing something and then getting side tracked 9 times before I get over there. They can't put a giant question mark or exclamation point on the map and not expect me to go check that out.

Very happy with it so far.

Been playing it a ton since it came out and it's fantastic. There is almost a comical amount of stuff to do. I find myself doing something and then getting side tracked 9 times before I get over there. They can't put a giant question mark or exclamation point on the map and not expect me to go check that out.

Very happy with it so far.

Dragon Age: Wikipedia

It really is.

Hinderlands in particular has about 4 thousand different points of interest. So much so that Bioware tweeted out a picture over the weekend reminding people to actually leave the area. haha

The time racks up so quickly in this game though. I'm 18 hours in and feel like I'm still right at the start.

There is spoilers constantly depending on how virginal you like your gaming experience to be. That said, big shit happens frequently in this game. Or at least it seems to so far. Aside from a few glitchy things that will be patched (I'm assuming) I'm loving this game

I messed with the keep a little bit before the game came out, but I didn't really remember my original choices anyhow. I ended up just doing the default world state for Inquisition.

It will be no spoiler to say that there are dragons in this game, and the first time you see one (and indeed EVERY time for me) gives you a holy shit moment.

Also, go into taverns as often as you can because the songs that the bard plays in there are delightful.

• 1 month later...

Got the game for Xmas. Started playing today, now that PSN is back up and I can access my playthru history. I'm running a Female Qunari mage. I have heard equipment for the qunari is limited, but getting to play a dragonkin is too damn tempting. Playing on Nightmare, didn't seem hard until I had to fight the Pride Demon during the opening temple area.

I was a good bit into the game (maybe 20 or 30 hours) when I realized during a convo with Liliana that my world state didn't carry over. Restarted in total anger that there was no way to know my "world state" prior. And yes, it said it had loaded my world state when I started it the 1st time.

I am really liking it, but a few things I dislike about it:

The menu is a bit of a hassle to get used to when it comes to inventory and such

I haven't found a spot yet that shows me actually where my people stand with me

There is too much to do!!!

I've had slight changes in events from my 1st attempt and this one, and honestly have no idea why. Example, there is a mage near the Crossroads in the Hinterlands that you do a quest for. I got her as an agent the 2nd play, the 1st time it wasn't an option.

But god I love this game! I just finished "Act 1" I would call it, and man was it somewhat epic though annoyed with the after effects.

Which reminds me, thanks Bioware for the force my guy to walk super slow for no reason sequence.

I am also fumbling about in the inventory and tactics menus. The button mapping seems to be counter to muscle memory that must exist in my brain for "dragon age".

As for agents, I have heard that gaining them can sometimes be dependent on who is in your party when you meet them. Maybe that is why that particular interaction had an option that wasn't there before.

i'm a level 8 elf/mage. my next main quest is 'in your heart shall burn', after forming an alliance with the mages. going to try and close the breach once and for all. as for side quests, i've done a fair amount. i have 7 members in my party, collected some shards, i mistakenly ran into a dragon and he kicked my ass in about 5 seconds, found all 6 campsites in the hinterlands, so i've done a bit of exploring. i mistakenly, briefly, flirted with Cullen. trying to form a romance with cassandra and possibly newcomer serah. will see what happens.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.