Iceheart

Not sure anyone should be offended. A couple people don't like a show than many, many other people think is frickin' hilarious. It happens. Hell, I'm sure there people out there that actually like the Ghost Rider movies. I don't need to understand that concept in order to live with it. Life goes on, to each his own, and all that.

I was more offering an apology in case Six or JC were offended at my somewhat suggestion to watch based on the hotness factor. Wasn't meaning to sound creeps about it, just channeling Hardwick.

I think BBT is average TV which isn't saying much when you think how much TV is on. However I do enjoy some moments and my wife and I enjoy Bernie (blonde w/glasses) because she is depicted as a strong, smart, successful female who isn't defined by her male counterpoint. So yeah, she's hot.

But back to Cappy;

This movie looks rad. I do wish the color palette were brighter, even Cap is diluted this time out. However I think it might be a decision to echo the plot's tone and I can understand that approach.

A couple people don't like a show than many, many other people think is frickin' hilarious.

"If a million people do a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." -- P. Opus

I was more offering an apology in case Six or JC were offended at my somewhat suggestion to watch based on the hotness factor. Wasn't meaning to sound creeps about it, just channeling Hardwick.

Not offended. Just sayin' that particular reason was useless against me. :)

I know way more people that hate it than like it. But I only hang out with smart people with discerning taste, so what do I know?

A couple people don't like a show than many, many other people think is frickin' hilarious.

"If a million people do a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." -- P. Opus

Gee, nothing offensive there. Good thing my own sense of self-worth is perfectly secure when it comes to my level of intelligence and my own tastes. Of course, I may be a bit naive. For some reason, I always thought people's tastes were just, y'know...a matter of taste.

But back to Cappy;

Right you are, Torch! My opinion apparently tends to be incorrect, but still, I thought this looked pretty cool. I still kind of miss the familiar colors, but it'll just be nice to see Falcon...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/falcon-cap-2-poster-a6bd3.jpg

Also...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/black-widow-int-cap2-5c48f.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/cap-2-ws-int-poster-f084e.jpg

Sometimes the color varies across items for the same product too. Superman Returns might be the worst offender of this ever; trailer, film, books, toys... depending on what you looked at you could see closer to traditional Supes colors or straight up purple and teal instead of red and blue. Afterthought: I understand what lighting does to colors, filters too, but the differences with Returns products are horrendous and can't be blamed on artistic filtering.

I think Falcon looks great, I did notice they snuck red into his design with those Ruby Red Goggles he's wearing. Also Black Widow looks the best in this than she has in any previous film, so major kudos to that design tweak.

Huge rumor/spoiler, pertaining to a twist in the movie that a lot of people are speculating about...

Alexander Pierce (Robert Redford) = Red Skull

It was assumed that a heavily reposted Redford quote around the web pertaining to him playing a villain in this movie had to do with Rogers questioning the actions of S.H.I.E.L.D. along the way, but apparently some rumors and theorizing have brought this idea to life.

Would have been cooler if it were a surprise, but I'll still go with it if it happens because I have faith that it will be executed believably.

It couldn't be worse than Killian Aldrich becoming The Mandarin (at least in his own words), which having happened to begin with just proves that they're not afraid to shake things up.

And the plot thickens with this rumor. Well, maybe. Another spoiler...possibly:

A track from the motion picture soundtrack allegedly titled Alexander Pierce is Red Skull said to be leaked; details (along with some talk of the rumors previously spoiler tagged in my last post) here: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Captain-America-2-Secret-Villain-Accidentally-Revealed-By-Marvel-41714.html

And now, I have some theorizing based on all this spoilage:

Confirmed for The Winter Soldier is the returning Toby Jones as Arnim Zola. Easy, right? It's a flashback for the creation process of The Winter Solider. Sure, but maybe that's not all. A little reaching, but here goes...

- Red Skull somehow finds his way back from wherever the Tesseract teleported/phased him to

- In doing so, he knows its location

- Perhaps this is his initial purpose for infiltrating SHIELD - to use them to find his way back to Tesseract. When Fury tells Rogers that they found it later, when exactly? And did Pierce head the project of locating the Tesserect?

- And now on to weapons, glorious weapons! Who used the Tesseract to build weapons first? Red Skull and HYRDA! So now, why not use SHIELD to build your weapons instead of HYRDA? This way, SHIELD won't be busting down your door to stop you because you ARE frickin' SHIELD now! And you've got their resources. And now on the inside, you can better plot the demise of all the key players on their side. Then take the weapons you used their resources to build, and go home :)

- Maybe...maybe Loki knew of this, and played a role in helping Red Skull find his way back to our realm. Or Thanos, maybe. Hell, who knows? Possibilities!

So yeah...that. Maybe.

• 3 weeks later...

Just witnessed, on Facebook, one of the funniest things I've seen within the last few minutes...

Fan 1: "Falcon should be in his red costume."

Fan 2: "Falcon's red costume would look cheesy."

Fan 2 has Rocket Raccoon as his profile picture.

Doesn't that sort of reinforce Fan 2's point, though? If he/she thinks it's cheesy, what would everyone else think?

No. A literal adaptation of Rocket Raccon is just months away from being released. Fan 2 knows this and was promoting it with his avatar. From all appearences Rocket Raccoon is being accepted by the masses, and in particular Fan 2, prior to the films release. If/when that holds true then all arguments supporting "it would look cheesy" are invalid.

Besides one of the straightest adaptations of a comic character's look/persona/tone is to this day one of the most successful and revered films of the genre; Richard Donner's Superman (1978). As such it can already be argued that there is no such thing as "it would look cheesy".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.