Iceheart

It seems that way Torch. I've never read the original story but from what I understand it takes place before the freeze yyeah? They have said they will set this in the modern day with flashbacks. Your commentary?

The biggest part of the established story was a huge reveal and that reveal takes place in the modern The Avengers time period. It's been awhile since I read it so I don't recall how much or if any flashbacks there were. However a movie going audience will probably "need" flashbacks to help flesh out the drama. Perhaps "need" is a bit much, it could be done without flashbacks. Never-the-less, if they film this like you haven't seen the first movie then we all should be prepared for a lot of hand holding in the plot.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT The Winter Soldier IS, SERIOUSLY DON'T CLICK THIS

Cap's bromance is not dead. Bucky lives. Was turned into a super solider during his captivity (in the 1st film the Red Skull and Hydra would have done or started this, just prior to Cap rescuing Bucky). Bucky comes back brainwashed and angry. Fights Cap. Many years later Cap dies. Bucky replaces Cap. Then of course since it's the comics Cap comes back, replaces Bucky. Bucky goes... somewhere and does stuff.

• 2 months later...

The biggest part of the established story was a huge reveal and that reveal takes place in the modern The Avengers time period. It's been awhile since I read it so I don't recall how much or if any flashbacks there were. However a movie going audience will probably "need" flashbacks to help flesh out the drama. Perhaps "need" is a bit much, it could be done without flashbacks. Never-the-less, if they film this like you haven't seen the first movie then we all should be prepared for a lot of hand holding in the plot.

As I remember it, the only flashbacks were really the brainwashing parts. Also, the fact that he was put into suspended animation between assignments, which explains why he isn't in a senior home.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

When this makes $350 million at the box office, I want it known far and wide that the directors used to work on Community, whereas the director responsible for 95% of Big Bang Theory also worked on Hannah Montana and According to Jim.

This is really important to me that America UNDERSTANDS.

Three things :

It's been over ten years now and I'm still unreservedly thrilled by any use of "In The House - In A Heartbeat".

In my mind Redford's character is a sullen & cynical aged version of Joe Turner from Three Days of the Condor that's come back to the Company.

YAY HELICARRIER FALL DOWN GO BOOM

When this makes $350 million at the box office, I want it known far and wide that the directors used to work on Community, whereas the director responsible for 95% of Big Bang Theory also worked on Hannah Montana and According to Jim.

This is really important to me that America UNDERSTANDS.

Is your point the all involved have successful and most likely lucrative careers in Hollywood?

My computer's being a piece of **** and won't let me post the video, but the new trailer is out.

Looks incredible.

Never liked Captain America, but was pleasantly surprised with the origin flick (low expectations, admittedly), and this one just looks sweeeeeet. Chris Evans is really underrated for his work here. He walks a fine line between self-aware goofiness and a near-pathological sense of decency and duty. Perhaps not Oscar-worthy, but he pulls it off very well and makes for a surprisingly likable character.

Honestly this looks better than any other Marvel Film. It doesn't look or feel like a superhero film, it looks like a high tech political thriller-- which is good. This is making Avengers look like a cartoon. Hopefully the movie holds up to the trailer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.