Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Captain America Captain America 2 Marvel Comics The Avengers superheroes

141 replies to this topic

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,487 posts
Yup, we're getting a Captain America sequel, too. And it's a year and a half away - April 4, 2014.

Marvel's Official Site

There's no official information yet beyond the title, release date, and filming location. Let the speculation commence!

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,463 posts
I've been meaning to the read the Winter Soldier for a while now.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
The title gives away a lot for those in the know. Not sure I should go into details given The Hunger Games. Only way the title doesn't give away anything is if they James Bond this by just using an established title but ignoring the established plot.

Guest_bodega_*

Guest_bodega_*
  • Guests
It seems that way Torch. I've never read the original story but from what I understand it takes place before the freeze yyeah? They have said they will set this in the modern day with flashbacks. Your commentary?

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
The biggest part of the established story was a huge reveal and that reveal takes place in the modern The Avengers time period. It's been awhile since I read it so I don't recall how much or if any flashbacks there were. However a movie going audience will probably "need" flashbacks to help flesh out the drama. Perhaps "need" is a bit much, it could be done without flashbacks. Never-the-less, if they film this like you haven't seen the first movie then we all should be prepared for a lot of hand holding in the plot.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,487 posts
I can either edit "SPOILER THREAD" into the title, or you can spoiler box. But I say spill.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT The Winter Soldier IS, SERIOUSLY DON'T CLICK THIS
Spoiler

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,487 posts
New casting news - http://comicbook.com...s-revenge-star/

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

The biggest part of the established story was a huge reveal and that reveal takes place in the modern The Avengers time period. It's been awhile since I read it so I don't recall how much or if any flashbacks there were. However a movie going audience will probably "need" flashbacks to help flesh out the drama. Perhaps "need" is a bit much, it could be done without flashbacks. Never-the-less, if they film this like you haven't seen the first movie then we all should be prepared for a lot of hand holding in the plot.

Spoiler

• The Human Torch +1 this

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Okay so the full-length peview is awesome. Winter Soldier, Falcon, and Robert Redford. It's looking good!

Dom

Dom

Proper Rogue

• Members
  • 5,394 posts

I'm more hyped for this than I was for Thor. Five minute preview they had before TDW was pretty ****ing cool, like a Bourne movie with superheroics thrown in.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,463 posts

My computer's being a piece of **** and won't let me post the video, but the new trailer is out.

Looks incredible.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,744 posts

• Ryn, Darth Krawlie and Pong Messiah +1 this

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,463 posts

Yeah. Yeah. That's some good ****.

• Pong Messiah and Exodus +1 this

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I like how it seems the plot from Avenger's (in regards to S.H.I.E.L.D.) is spilling over into his movie.
  • Ryn +1 this

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
Yeah that was awesome.

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,744 posts

When this makes $350 million at the box office, I want it known far and wide that the directors used to work on Community, whereas the director responsible for 95% of Big Bang Theory also worked on Hannah Montana and According to Jim.

This is really important to me that America UNDERSTANDS.

• The Human Torch, Ryn and Phil_Muzza +1 this

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,048 posts

Three things :

It's been over ten years now and I'm still unreservedly thrilled by any use of "In The House - In A Heartbeat".

In my mind Redford's character is a sullen & cynical aged version of Joe Turner from Three Days of the Condor that's come back to the Company.

YAY HELICARRIER FALL DOWN GO BOOM

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,744 posts

I'll admit one drawback: I laughed as soon as I recognized the Moon score at the start, but that's because at first I mistook it for "Lux Aeterna".

• Darth Krawlie +1 this

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts

When this makes $350 million at the box office, I want it known far and wide that the directors used to work on Community, whereas the director responsible for 95% of Big Bang Theory also worked on Hannah Montana and According to Jim.

This is really important to me that America UNDERSTANDS.

Is your point the all involved have successful and most likely lucrative careers in Hollywood?

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,744 posts

No, my point is that Big Bang Theory sucks and should go die.

• The Human Torch, Justus, Ryn and 1 other +1 this

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
But Blossom. But Blossom!

Pong Messiah

Pong Messiah

don't want to be buried in a pet cemetery

• 19,360 posts

My computer's being a piece of **** and won't let me post the video, but the new trailer is out.

Looks incredible.

Never liked Captain America, but was pleasantly surprised with the origin flick (low expectations, admittedly), and this one just looks sweeeeeet. Chris Evans is really underrated for his work here. He walks a fine line between self-aware goofiness and a near-pathological sense of decency and duty. Perhaps not Oscar-worthy, but he pulls it off very well and makes for a surprisingly likable character.

• Ryn +1 this

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
Honestly this looks better than any other Marvel Film. It doesn't look or feel like a superhero film, it looks like a high tech political thriller-- which is good. This is making Avengers look like a cartoon. Hopefully the movie holds up to the trailer.
  • Ryn and Exodus +1 this

NumberSix

NumberSix

• 29,744 posts

But Blossom. But Blossom!

BBT : Blossom :: the Death Star : the Death Star construction crew

• The Human Torch +1 this

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Captain America, Captain America 2, Marvel Comics, The Avengers, superheroes