Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thor: The Dark World

Thor Marvel Comics The Avengers superheroes Thor 2

64 replies to this topic

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,483 posts
No thread yet?

Thor's back a year from tomorrow - November 8, 2013.

From The Marvel Website:

Marvel’s "Thor: The Dark World," in theaters November 8, 2013, continues the big screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s "Thor" and "Marvel’s The Avengers," Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
I haven't read much about the film, but where there's Malekith, Surtur can't be far behind.

Guest_bodega_*

Guest_bodega_*
  • Guests
So the last movie but without Loki?

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,403 posts
Loki's in it.

Guest_bodega_*

Guest_bodega_*
  • Guests
So, the last movie?
  • The Human Torch and Darth Krawlie +1 this

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,483 posts
I can't see them making a Thor movie without Loki. The fangirls would riot in the streets.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
If they ever do the Don Blake alter ego shape shifting then Marvel should cast Hemsworth's literally littler brother as Blake. It'd be rad.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,483 posts
Those Hemsworths didn't reproduce so much as clone. And god bless 'em for it.

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts
Malekith was a pretty good character. I wonder if the movie will introduce Balder as well.

Ixion

Ixion

DareDevil Defence Force

• Members
  • 6,548 posts
I really liked the first film, can't wait for this. It'll be interesting to see if Thor 2 gets a boost box office wise from the Avengers. The first film did surprisingly well but interest in all the phase 2 films should be higher.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts

I can't see them making a Thor movie without Loki. The fangirls would riot in the streets.

I don't think I would want any more with Loki. Sure, he's Thor's "arch-nemesis", but he's hardly his only foe. I also don't think he's enough of a mega-threat to really warrant three movies. That would be overkill and probably a bit boring. New opponents, new challenges can bring out new aspects of the hero and that sounds more interesting to me.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Hey, new armor...!

Posted Image

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,483 posts

I don't think I would want any more with Loki. Sure, he's Thor's "arch-nemesis", but he's hardly his only foe. I also don't think he's enough of a mega-threat to really warrant three movies. That would be overkill and probably a bit boring. New opponents, new challenges can bring out new aspects of the hero and that sounds more interesting to me.

You're not taking the obsession of fangirls into consideration. Tom Hiddleston has to make an appearance A brief cameo. Two lines. Appease the rabid fangirls, and get on with the story.

Darth Lohr

Darth Lohr

Voodoo Chile

• 16,969 posts
Did you see the picture I posted? Damn, you women are greedy! :nono:

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,483 posts
He's still too covered. Needs more skin ;)

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
I love the fact that Malekith is one of the Doctors :)

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts

I don't think I would want any more with Loki. Sure, he's Thor's "arch-nemesis", but he's hardly his only foe.

Amora the Enchantress and Skurge the Executioner. Both psychological and physical threats.

Guest_bodega_*

Guest_bodega_*
  • Guests
Is that a stunt double?

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,838 posts

You're not taking the obsession of fangirls into consideration. Tom Hiddleston has to make an appearance A brief cameo. Two lines. Appease the rabid fangirls, and get on with the story.

Or all three of you will only see the movie once in the theater to drool over Thor? :angel:

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts

Is that a stunt double?

My thought as well. It's that or Chris is one of those two-face people where you have to get him at a certain angle.

Transducer X

Transducer X

• Members
  • 2,434 posts

He is very much like Palpatine in that he always scheming and playing the long game. So while he doesn't need to be actively chased on-screen for the entire duration there should be some acknowledgment/demonstration that all is according to his plan. For starters, I think him being taken back to Asgard by Thor was very much a part of his plan.

Transducer X

Transducer X

• Members
  • 2,434 posts
Double-post

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,483 posts

Or all three of you will only see the movie once in the theater to drool over Thor? :angel:

You are clearly not on Tumblr or Pinterest :p

Just a small sampling of Loki fangirling.

Posted Image

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,838 posts

You are clearly not on Tumblr

Nope, I'm not a teenager.

or Pinterest :p

Or female.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,483 posts
Your loss :p
  • Ms. Spam +1 this

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Thor, Marvel Comics, The Avengers, superheroes, Thor 2