Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nick's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Cartoon Animation TMNT Superheroes Ninja Action Comedy TV

6 replies to this topic

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
http://www.nick.com/.../ninja-turtles/

The first TMNT produced after Nick bought the franchise is holding up to it's predecessors and perhaps surpassing them. The animation is simple CGI, almost Clone Wars "marionette" style. The action and comedy are spot freaking on. So tubular. A week or so ago Mikey used "Facebook" to friend a "Chuck Norris" analog who in this universe was a villain. It was great. Last week the Turtles faced off against Metalhead and during the episode we were treated to the Turtles watching an episode of a "Star Trek: The Animated Series" like cartoon.

I :heart: being a Turtles fan.

Who's watching?

Brett

Brett

• 1,976 posts
"we're not frogs, you idiot!"
"yeah and it isn't kung fu"

Yeah, just started watching it, good stuff.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,838 posts
I'll have to check it out.

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
Don't get me wrong it is not a grown up show cleverly disguised as a kids cartoon. I love it because it's just a kids cartoon. If you go in looking to have a nostalgic Saturday Morning experience then you should get a smile, maybe a laugh or too as well.

The Maker

The Maker

Old Hermit

• Members
  • 11,429 posts
I've only seen the first episode so far, but I enjoyed it. My favorite bit:

Splinter: "I will need to meditate on who the leader will be."

*door closes*

*door opens*

Splinter: "It's Leonardo."

*door closes*

The Human Torch

The Human Torch

zambingo

• Members
  • 34,069 posts
There are tons of moments like that. Also I was surprised to find those don't get old nor do I expect them as much as I thought I would.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,838 posts
I'm actually more excited about a fun kid show that is quality enough to be entertaining than I would be for an adult cartoon.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cartoon, Animation, TMNT, Superheroes, Ninja, Action, Comedy, TV