I side with...

Pong Messiah

Seriously, Pong? How can you take Libertarians seriously? Not only their absurd naivety, but the fact that they support economic policies that enable many of the very things they oppose (such as the Drug War. Who do they think benefits from stronger Drug penalties? The weapons manufacturers who make the arms used to fight the "Drug War', and the corporately owned prisons that benefit directly from having more people in jail, and thus push for stronger and stronger anti-drug laws, so that they make more money by housing more inmates. Private prisons that exist thanks to libertarian 'free market' economic policies), and yet aren't self aware enough to even realize that fact.

I cannot buy what they are selling, no matter what.

each time I see the name Jill Stein this little jingle rolls through my head:

Jill Stein the science gal

I keep confusing her with Ben Stein, another grey-haired Jewish New Englander.

why is it that other presidential candidates aren't allowed in the debates? That doesn't seem fair at all.

Hey, at least Jill Stein tried to attend the second one.

Didn't we already do this in another thread?

We? No.

Seriously, Pong? How can you take Libertarians seriously?
I take soft libertarians seriously when it's at the federal and executive level. And if you remember, I actually gave Joey and Ryn crap about Johnson when he first entered into the discussion, because I wrongly assumed he was sort of toll-road, potheaded, dogmatic free-market-solves-all freak you typically get with libertarianism. But he's not.

If you look at his record as governor of New Mexico, he clearly thought the government had some useful purpose for people, which he supports. And he helped to improve the efficiency of state programs while vetoing pet pork to the tune of a billion dollar surplus. The guy's not a freak, he's a supra-genius!

:eek:

Seriously, Pong? How can you take Libertarians seriously?
I take soft libertarians seriously when it's at the federal and executive level. And if you remember, I actually gave Joey and Ryn crap about Johnson when he first entered into the discussion, because I wrongly assumed he was sort of toll-road, potheaded, dogmatic free-market-solves-all freak you typically get with libertarianism. But he's not.

If you look at his record as governor of New Mexico, he clearly thought the government had some useful purpose for people, which he supports. And he helped to improve the efficiency of state programs while vetoing pet pork to the tune of a billion dollar surplus. The guy's not a freak, he's a supra-genius!

:eek:

Fair enough. I still find it hard to justify his membership in the Libertarian party, however. Johnson may be a rational person, but it doesn't change the fact that his party is as full of nutcases as the big Two are.

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Results make sense- in an ideal world, I probably agree with the Libertarian party more than the GOP, though the reasons I agree with them are completely different than someone like Joey. I'd vote for them if they had a viable candidate and I wasn't a member of the GOP. Plus the poll accurately reflects my siding with the paleo-con/Old Right from time to time (though the Constitution Party itself is too bible thumping for me). The party alignments are closer to how I actually side most of the time, though I probably vote Democrat more than 16% of the time.

Also... I love how I'm pretty much the complete opposite of Frex, just as I expected. I'm in DC, so I can't see how I compare to NY voters. Anyone know how to change the state? Kinda annoying.

Candidates you side with...

94%

Gary Johnson Libertarian

on economic, domestic policy, healthcare, and environmental issues

91%

Mitt Romney Republican

on domestic policy, economic, environmental, and immigration issues

78%

Virgil Goode Constitution

on economic, healthcare, environmental, and immigration issues

56%

Barack Obama Democrat

on science, environmental, and social issues

11%

Jill Stein Green

on science issues

2%

Rocky Anderson Justice

no major issues

51%

Virginia Voters

on domestic policy, science, environmental, immigration, and social issues.

55%

American Voters

on domestic policy, economic, healthcare, science, environmental, immigration, and social issues.

Show all candidates

Parties you side with...

91% Republican

67% Libertarian

34% Green

16% Democrat

haha, six I wasn't really referencing your calling her a jew, more the title of the newspaper article describing her arrest.

Ah, okay, gotcha. Yeah, I suspect the editor of that Jewish site couldn't decide which of two headlines was more important, "Presidential Candidate Arrested Outside Debate" or "One of Ours is Running for President!", and just split the difference.

Guest Letsgo_7_7

Also... I love how I'm pretty much the complete opposite of Frex...

You and me both, sister. Although the fact that I at least somewhat resemble an actual human being should have been the first clue that you and I are nothing alike.

This qualifies as sparring between friends, right?

I was just saying I expected to be her polar opposite, and I was!

I'm not planning on sparring with Frex (or anyone else). In fact, I plan on being nice to Frex. As I said in this thread, I'm not going to be around much in the upcoming months, so I'm not going to troll when I check in.

BTW SO LONG BUT WHATEVS, I amused me on this most boring of nightz.

Across party lines I was found to be 75% Librarian, 68% Jackass, 65% Dumbo and 39% Tree Hugger which totals to 247% Awesomesauce.

So this was me doing that questionnaire:

FACEBOOK!

Abortion issues?! Education could help to avoid birth controllyness, seriously! Maybe sometimes it's needed, I hatez it, but yeah... "NO WIRE HANGERS!"[/mommie dearest]

TEH GAYS?! Are totally cool people. If I was one I would totally marry one immediately, mostly because when you put a ring on it you don't have to blow it anymore.

Capital punishment?! I know like so many people that for sure deserve that, but maybe other people don't.

Birth control?! The order of these questions is weird, but it's a pill right? Why treat it different?

EDEN!

Greenhouse Effect?! Somethings happening, I dunno what. I just know I'd love a space car that runs on the sun.

Oil Drilling?! Hey, we need it now. Seriously. But I really really would love a space car that runs on the sun.

National Parks?! I like picnics and as an Alaskan I also appreciate kickbacks, let the States decide.

Wind Power?! Let's be real, if there's no money in it the tech won't advance. Those things totally look cool though. Maybe if they also helped cell reception. Verizon?!

WALLSTREET!

Wage Wars?! It's expensive in Alaska, Washington has no clue about this it would seem.

Debt Ceiling?! Wouldn't the Debt Cellar be more apropo? Ha. Funny word. Umm. Cut spending?

Bail outs?! I hate.

Stimulus Plan?! Umm. Hate? Maybe?

Farmers?! Uhhhhhh. No? Yes?! Ugh. No!

Old People Stuff?! Grandfather maybe? Umm. Then let me do whatever.

Tax Cuts?! This is phrased like it was a bad thing. It was? I guess yeah. Umm. I like money? Flat is usually a negative thing too. Tires, Chests, etc. So...

Welfare?! Isn't a career? Be a Phoenix, visit DeVry. Work at Wendy's. You know, teach a man to fish...

HOMEFIELD!

Guns?! R Cool! If you know how to use them. Like legs. Legs that kill people. Chuck Norris legs.

Patriot Act?! If we tell them to stop they will right?

Innrwebs?! Censors are horribly needed? This is ugh because I like boobs and mp3ing YouTube vids.

Public school?! Education GOOD! But maybe my state is sma- dumber than yours so...

Woodstock?! This is really just a Mary Jane question isn't it? No? Umm.

Double A?! Hired because you're not-White is sorta racist, right? I mean I'm just looking at you not like you know looking at you. People are dicks, though, Binders of Black People and all...

Stupid Commercials?! Corporations are made of people. Like Soylent Green. Ugh. Headache. Who watches stupid commercials anyway?

ER!

Mary Jane?! Tax and regulate, brah! Never really used that word before. Feels false.

Obamacare?! Umm. I hates the tax, but I dunno. Umm. Competition is good?

YoMamacare?! Grandfather in. And then umm... ****. Uhh. So reform?

STAR TREK!

The Prime Directive?! So yeah, we shouldn't interfere except when we do interfere.

Rambo III?! Yeah wars suck, but like, who do you trust, man? I ain't no Fortunate Son!

The Federation Council?! I dunno, seems like they need a Jerry Maguire Mission Statement epiphany.

Cuban Cigars?! Those are rad though right? But are they rad because they are bad? Big stick, walk softer maybees? Umm.

Jesus City?! These questions are all answered with the first one. Damn, it took me 5 questions to realize that.

Iran?! Prime Directive.

Sudan?! They're just killing their own people right?

Guacamole Bay?! "These words and the words that follow were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone or they mean nothing!"

MIB!

Aliens Babies?! Were they born here? Not really aliens then right?

Alien criminals?! HELL NAW!

Same?! Same!

DARWIN!

Monkey Brothers?! Sure why not? Maybe not literally, but yeah...

Baby Juice?! I love me some science! Stem Cell me up a new kidney! Or whatevs.

Starfleet?! HELL YEAH! Unless I'm paying for it. But man, I do really want a car that runs on the sun!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.