WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

they've done a few backstage segments. went to a sushi restaurant or some shit. didn't watch this week so I dunno.

there aren't any other current women's tag teams on NXT so they're kinda stuck. Franky Monet and Jessi Kamea can be built up, and Kacy and Kayden are faces, that's pretty much it.

On 8/20/2021 at 7:33 AM, Darth Krawlie said:

there aren't any other current women's tag teams on NXT so they're kinda stuck.

Now that I think about it... yeah.

Soooo, who's interfering in the men's title matches tonight?
a) The Usos
b) Finn Balor
c) Baron Corbin
d) all of the above

It almost feels like WWE is trying to run its women's division into the ground. It would have been more interesting if Becky Lynch just came out and said "can I have my title back?" and Bianca handed it her.

And... oh, look... It's Brock Lesnar. Roman's title reign is really starting to feel like a conveyor belt. I know plenty of fans just enjoy seeing "dominance" for its own sake, but WWE desperately needs to progress the Head of the Table storyline in some manner. They just hit the reset button every week. I suppose if this is meant to feel like purgatory, then it's a success. 

Rollins/Edge was really fun, though. Good rivalry and ring-chemistry.

I see a lot of people are dumping in the finish of that match. I had the same reaction to the finish. Why would you do Bianca that way? I'm thing to go out in a limb and say that Becky agreed to do this at the last minute. She was rumored to have been returning after SS, but with Sasha not getting cleared i think they had to do something. Let's be honest Becky isn't the greatest in ring so match at a major PPV might not have met expectations. And it does set up a Bianca heel turn, because there is no way she is the face in a feud with Becky.

Well Nick Khan confirmed the upcoming NXT changes in an interview, so takeover tonight might as well be the series finale.

obviously I’ll keep watching for now. Changes in and of themselves aren’t bad. But I’ve been so invested in this show for years now, to hear it’s all going to completely change, I have a hard time seeing me sticking around as a long term viewer. I haven’t watched RAW or smackdown in years, so what’s another show.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I don't really understand the need to have one clear-cut heel in every specific rivalry (especially since I'd like to see more heel versus heel storylines *cough cough* Roman/Rollins)
I think Bianca and Becky are different enough where people would just choose whom they prefer and cheer for them. Wanting the same thing (the belt) should be enough sometimes, especially when one wrestler is a darker anti-hero and the other is bright and optimistic. Fan's heads aren't going to explode if one of the wrestlers doesn't have a "boo" sign hung around their neck.

I find it strange what being at a show live does to a person. I was at Summerslam and really enjoyed it. I couldn’t get enough. But at the same time I recognize the problems others have mentioned about the show and know full well that had I just watched it on TV instead of being at Allegiant Stadium I would’ve thought it was rather lackluster. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news for the WWE is it looks like Zayn and Owens are the next out the door. The dam has most definitely burst.

I haven't watched RAW in years, but I read the results. I like the idea of Goldberg costing Lashley the title against Orton to set up their Saudi match. Meanwhile, with Orton as champ, Riddle can try to get his bro to give him a title shot. The clips of the two I've seen together have been entertaining, so with both the WWE AND the Tag Titles involved, it could be fun. It'd be even more fun if somehow Riddle could win the belt.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.