WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

On 5/20/2021 at 7:38 PM, Tank said:

So what do you guys think of the WWE fully embracing the death of keyfabe? They really held out, but since the WWE network debuted they've been going deeper and deeper into behind the scenes docs. No doubt it was partially a decision to provide tons of new content, but it seems like they are going hard now.

I am actually enjoying some of these docs and interviews more than the actual product these days. Seeing Stone Cold ask Sasha Banks questions is a lot of fun as I see them from completely different worlds. The ultimate breakage is of course Taker showing full access to his life and reality now that he has retired.

I love "Something to Wrestle With" and watching old wrestling shoot interviews.  I wonder of the rise of shoot podcasts has spurred this.  I am The Last Ride now.  I thought SCSA interview on Broken Skull with the Undertaker was awesome. 

I feel like this has been the case for a while.  Even if it wasn't fully embraced by WWE it was mostly tolerated with the presence of WWE stars on social media and what not.  I remember back in the 80s reading in the newspaper that Hacksaw Jim Duggan and the Iron Shiek were pulled over and arrested in a car together.  It was crazy to believe because they were in a huge fued against each other at the time...

https://apnews.com/article/eca94e958509fcd2842cc0a384056ae3

But anyway, I feel like a lot of wrestlers still try to keep kayfabe intact, if possible.  For example, I never knew until recently the Aleister Black and Zelina Vega were married.  For a while she was managing the wrestler black was feuding with over the US Title.  I can't recall his name off the top of my head, but it's Charlotte's significant other.  However, I don't think I saw anything public about Black and Vega until after his injury.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the rumor is that Bronson Reed lost the title to Swerve because he's about to get called up. I don't see that at all. He's better, but not main roster ready. If you can't figure out what to do with Keith Lee, Bronson Reed will sink to the bottom quickly.

Do you realize how did Roman Reigns is right now? Jimmy USO was arrested last night for dui for like the they're it fourth time in the last couple of years. My first thought wasn't he needs help out that he might get the axe for this. It was "How dare he disrespect the Head of the Table like this?"

I think a lot of the releases had to do with making room for a good portion of the NXT roster by years end.

The Gargano-Kross feud I think it's to gauge how well he comes off against bigger wrestlers. He's no shorter than some of WWE's smaller wrestlers. He is skinnier though. He's going to be in the main roster by the end of the year.

That's a possibility, but WWE has been lacking credible face threats at the top of the card. The reason Rollins-Reigns won't happen is because they're both heels. It will be interesting to see where they go with him. Balor has always been over with the crowd no matter what.

That’s a good point. I fully expect Roman to still be champion by next wrestlemania so he can have his big rub match with the Rock, so yeah he’s gonna need a lot of challengers.

Unrelated: Nikki in a stupid superhero gimmick winning the briefcase is this year’s version of Otis. It’s a not-funny joke.

The one thing I'm going to miss is those killer spots in the ThunderDome. Ricochet's cross body to John Morrison over the barricade. Roman throwing Dominick out of the ring. Apollo dropping the steps on Big E.  You knew what was happening, but they were holy shit moments when they happened.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.