WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

Agreed, and in fact the constant false finishes is what soured me on Gargano last year. His matches with Cole pushed it beyond the pale for me. Unfortunately, this one was very similar. Still very entertaining, but yeah, it went too long.

I'm also just not interested in another Ciampa/Gargano match. I was hoping Ciampa would win the belt so UE could move on to the main roster, but that can still happen if Cole loses the belt at the WrestleMania weekend Takeover. I just don't know to whom, there aren't any other faces in position to challenge with Keith Lee holding the NA belt. Then again, Velveteen Dream just came back, so maybe that's it.

Obviously the WWE doesn't do anything conventionally anymore. Catching up on Raw right now I'm thinking about the championship matches at WrestleMania.

WWE Championship: I think it's almost a given that Drew McIntyre beats Brock for the title. 3...2...1

Universal Championship: I think even Vince realizes that it matters no sense for Roman Reigns to best the Fiend. Especially since there has been NO buildup for the match. And no I don't see Goldberg beating the Fiend.

Raw Women's Title: conventional wisdom says Baszler wins the title. A loss kills the feud. I still see a Rousey return.

SmackDown Women's Title: most likely Bayley vs Lacey Evans. Once again, you can't put all this work into Lacey Evans as a face and have her lose.

US Title: Andrade should be back for Mania. Unless it's Rey Mysterio Andrade retains.

IC Title: Strowman vs.......Nakamura maybe? I can actually see a change there.

Raw Tag Titles: Early prediction. The Street Profits walk out tag champs. They might go in tag champs.

SmackDown Tag Titles: Only because Big E is from here I'm calling the New Day. I mean Rider and Hawkins got the home town treatment last year.

Women's Tag Titles: if Asuka doesn't have a match then the titles might actually be defended. Vince was right about this one. You can't go against the Pirate Princess in Pirate Bay.

NXT Women's Title: call me crazy but I don't think we'll just be a ratings grab for NXT. With Beck and Baszler going at it, what does Charlotte do? She might actually win this.

With the women's title being defended at WrestleMania I don't see the men's title bring taken away from Takeover.

I just got the notification. While I'm surprised, I can't say I didn't see it coming. The Goldberg segments on SmackDown drew huge ratings. Bray grew up here. I didn't see him losing the belt at Mania. As far as quick fixes go it's not a bad one. I'm not sure they should let the Fiend wrestle every title match. It should be Bray most of the time.

Was it when worth watching when I get home?

I'm a little amused by the reactions to Goldberg winning the title. While I'm not a fan of the move, The Fiend hasn't really set the world on fire. Bray Wyatt yes. The Fiend has been meh. Until we knew how this plays out the Fiend losing isn't the end of the world. I don't want to see Roman-Goldberg either.

Well it's going to be Reigns-Goldberg at Mania. Not a fan of that matchup, but it does make more sense that Reigns-Fiend. Odd that they stayed away from Reigns and the title since he came back from his cancer battle. Now he's thrown into what is surely a title win. I wonder how many people actually bought the $6000 Fiend custom title?

I'm watching SmackDown now and it's closer than I would have thought. Goldberg booed. He comes out like a heel. Roman comes out and gets cheered. I agree with you Krawlie that Goldberg shouldn't be in the main event in 2020. I don't know if I could write for WWE. Patience is not a virtue for Vince.

Maybe it's because I'm getting older. I just don't care for the female wrestlers that play on their looks. Chelsea Green is hot, but like Mandy Rose it does nothing for her character. The majority of the women in WWE are lookers. At least Green is getting better in the ring.

Since Randy Orton delivered the best promo of the year so far I'm watching the NXT guys that need work. Keith Lee needs to understand he sounds best when he talks naturally and not when he sounds limitlessly rehearsed. And he shouldn't react to all of the love he gets from the crowd.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.