WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

He needs to face Ryback. Ryback needs the rub, the rivalry with Cena needs a rest, and Punk needs to cement his "chicken **** heel" status (term used by Ted Dibiase to describe heels characters like the one he portrayed). Expect a strong showing from Ryback and a screw job finish.

Wouldn't put it past Vince to give us a title change, though, to mix things up. He's really big on Ryberg.

Random comment: on Raw this week JBL made a comment that he couldn't believe Dusty Rhodes had such a muscular son in Cody. I would've given anything to have Bobby Heenan chime in "well Dusty is the son of a plumber, but Cody is the son of the mailman."

What was up with all of the shutouts to old wrestlers, btw? Even Mr. Wrestling 2 got some love. I can only assume HHH is encouraging this, and that JBL was mocking him by mentioning Farmer Burns.

Only if they can produce some good, long term tag teams. DB Kane and Sandow Cody are short term. The Primetime Players aren't gonna cut it. I do appreciate the effort, though.

I find it odd that Vince isn't big on traditional wrestling concepts like tag teams, managers, and stables.

Maybe Im flat wrong cause I haven't been watching too much lately but doesn't this Ryback push seem like more of the same? I mean he comes back from injury in April and is on his own for the first time ever really. Then 5 or 6 months later he is already in the title scene? Thats just stupid. Another case of the WWE pushing a guy real fast and real hard to get into the main even for 2-3 months and then slip back down to the midcard. I mean does anyone think this guy is gonna win the title? Ofcourse not, hes just there to interject into the Punk-Cena story so its not always just Punk-Cena. Whats the point of putting someone into the title scene if no one thinks they can win the title?

Maybe Im flat wrong cause I haven't been watching too much lately but doesn't this Ryback push seem like more of the same? I mean he comes back from injury in April and is on his own for the first time ever really. Then 5 or 6 months later he is already in the title scene? Thats just stupid. Another case of the WWE pushing a guy real fast and real hard to get into the main even for 2-3 months and then slip back down to the midcard. I mean does anyone think this guy is gonna win the title? Ofcourse not, hes just there to interject into the Punk-Cena story so its not always just Punk-Cena. Whats the point of putting someone into the title scene if no one thinks they can win the title?

Early exposure maby? Test the crowd reaction? It still gives him a Rub if he can go toe to toe with Cena and Punk who are right now the top two guys.

I find it odd that Vince isn't big on traditional wrestling concepts like tag teams, managers, and stables.

Aren't tag teams not normally a draw? I love them, but I remember reading tag teams and divas aren't a draw in modern wresting.

Punk's holding the title until the Rumble no matter who he faces, probably triple threat with Cena taking the fall (not clean). It'll be Punk vs. Rock at Rumble, if Punk drops the belt he will win it back before the Rumble but having him drop it now makes very little sense, especially when he is the most over guy with the crowd right now.

Could make sense to have him lose it in a triple threat without being pinned. Cause then you have the belt on say Cena, but Punk can still taunt Cena with "you never beat me and you know it".

Also, tag teams aren't a draw because they don't have good tag teams.

They have booked themselves into a bit of a corner right now with the WWE title scene. Punk cannot drop the title now, he has to hold it until the Rumble for it to really mean something when he drops it to The Rock (he can rant about him being a part timer/didn't earn the shot/Punk always being on the road). Also Ryback can't lose so soon, if he wins he has to squash Punk also, it can't go more than 5 minutes.

My theory is they have Lesnar re-appear and either attack Ryback pre-match or interfere causing a no contest. This leads to team McMahon (Cena, Ryback etc.) vs. team Heyman (Punk, Lesnar etc.) at Survivor Series. If they go the route of the pre-match attack they could have Cena step in and lose 'clean' with Cena doing his usual 'I won't make excuses BUT I was injured and you can't beat me at my best Punk'.

I write all of this and it seems simple to me but knowing the way creative is and has been for a long time they will no doubt go an entirely different route.

• 3 weeks later...

Again I was pretty happy with RAW.

The appearance of this group of NXT superstars has me excited (specifically Ambrose, their are few better on the mic). The Shield is the rumoured name for the faction.

Ziggler keeps nailing it every week, his segment in the locker room dressing down AJ then taking out Cena was fantastic.

Cena looks like a horrible kisser.

Punk & Heyman are gold every single time.

Holding out hope for a TLC tag title match at TLC with PTP, Team Hell No, Cara & Rey and Gabriel & Kidd.

Orton & Del Rio was a good match as was Barrett vs. Kofi. Think they're handling the 3 hours thing a great deal better lately.

Again I was pretty happy with RAW.

The appearance of this group of NXT superstars has me excited (specifically Ambrose, their are few better on the mic). The Shield is the rumoured name for the faction.

Ziggler keeps nailing it every week, his segment in the locker room dressing down AJ then taking out Cena was fantastic.

Cena looks like a horrible kisser.

Punk & Heyman are gold every single time.

Holding out hope for a TLC tag title match at TLC with PTP, Team Hell No, Cara & Rey and Gabriel & Kidd.

Orton & Del Rio was a good match as was Barrett vs. Kofi. Think they're handling the 3 hours thing a great deal better lately.

What I watched of RAW was pretty good but I gotta disagree on Zigler. The idea behind the segment was good but he still seemed so unnatural in in, like he was reading off cue cards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I called the hell turn weeks ago when discussing with my friends, it was the only logical way to book the ending to this match.

Couldn't care less about AJ bar the fact that due to her turn Dolph now doesn't even need to cash in as he is a legit main eventer fronting his own faction. He has adopted the superkick into his offensive arsenal and has his Sherri (AJ) and Diesel (Big E. Langston) by his side now also.

I called the hell turn weeks ago when discussing with my friends, it was the only logical way to book the ending to this match.

Couldn't care less about AJ bar the fact that due to her turn Dolph now doesn't even need to cash in as he is a legit main eventer fronting his own faction. He has adopted the superkick into his offensive arsenal and has his Sherri (AJ) and Diesel (Big E. Langston) by his side now also.

Yea, I like that they used Cena to build him up, but did it in a way that's believable.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.