WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

On 4/10/2023 at 5:49 AM, Metropolis said:

It wasn't bad in the sense that the show sucked. It was bad in that big things were promised but not delivered. Things were cut from the show and you noticed. It didn't seem like the "Raw after WrestleMania". SmackDown though was a good show. It probably just to do with Vince not being there. So this I'm sure has fans and the wrestlers on edge.

While I was shocked Cody lost, I'm not completely surprised. Think about it. The Rock was supposed to be Roman's opponent at Mania. The Rock wasn't winning the belt. WWE has to go to plan B. You have to think that plan B wasn't going to win the belt either. The problem for a lot of fans is, if not now when? That's a fair question. Mania is obviously the place for that moment. 

While we don't know the plan yet, i think having Cody do it this way is a better idea. Cody tells Solo he's "not ready". Then he loses because HE isn't ready right? Cody comes back to WWE, has a series of great matches with Seth, gets hurt and is it due the rest of the year. This actually helped him because he's able to return at the Rumble still a huge babyface and able to challenge for Roman. While he was the best option, it wasn't really "earned". Now you have Cody go through some top guys starting with Brock Lesnar. I can live with that. We'll see.

I think you'll see the next round of NXT call ups in a couple of waves. A few in the upcoming draft and the rest sprinkled throughout the rest of the year. NXT made it seem like they have plans right now for both Bron and Pretty Deadly. I'm okay with that. Don't bring anyone up without a plan. Riddle i think it's the last guy to get over without a real plan when he debuted.

I see it as Cody left WWE and started a rival company. So it’s not surprising they didn’t let him waltz right back and get all the glory. Not saying they did this to punish or embarrass him. They want it to look like he earned it. Summerslam would be a good place to have that rematch. While not as big as Wrestlemania, it’s gonna be another stadium show and it could be the right place for him to finally get it. 

• 2 weeks later...

So they're splitting the titles after the draft. Roman Reigns will remain the Universal Champion. Whatever brand doesn't draft Reigns will have to crown a new WWE Champion. With a new champion HHH decided to make a new belt.

1179281890_wwe-world-heavyweight-championship-replica-title-belt_ss5_p-200116274pv-1u-omdzgext9mpfxn8kenrov-pncjzigsoigif4cgonmv.thumb.jpg.e458fb227cde9ede269526049249d82d.jpg

I don't know if i like it. Maybe it will grow on me. The IC Title still hasn't, but this looks a lot better than the IC belt.

11 hours ago, Metropolis said:

So i just watched Raw. Dumb. You rip Roman for not wrestling all the time so you make a new belt? That's your angle? I didn't think much when i saw the story last night, but it seems hokey the more I think about it. Am I wrong to think this was all Vince? 

Agreed. As I listened to HHH say all those things about Reigns, all it sounded to me was like, no one has been able to beat Reigns and now he’s decided to lighten his workload so here’s a consolation prize for the rest of the roster. Makes this title already look weak. Also, one of the angles Reigns used in the buildup to the Wrestlemania match with Cody Rhodes was that Cody wasn’t ready for the crazy schedule and massive workload that comes with being champion!!!

If you asked me which NXT stars would be drafted first, Alba and Isla would have been WAY down on my list. And Indi...... Good for her. Don't know if she's completely ready, but maybe they're getting "The Way"(sans Theory) back together. I still think WWE needs a show for the women. I don't know how they'd do it. There is just too many women for 5 hours of television.

This draft reeks of McMahon being fully back in creative. No logic to it. All that talk of factions and teams being spilt up, and we have Reigns and Sikoa being drafted together, Damage Control going together, the Women’s champions for each brand being drafted by the other brand. And are we really supposed to believe that anyone would be drafting goofs like the Miz above all that talent available? 

I wouldn't put all of this on Vince. The draft had been meh for a while. Hell they ditched it all together last year. If there is a criticism it should be that they didn't go all in on the draft. You went up against the NFL draft. Make it a thing. Record something and air it after SmackDown. 

On 5/6/2023 at 8:30 PM, Metropolis said:

Bianca and Io just killed it. What is shocking is that the crowd was almost all on Io's side. 

I think maybe a lot of people feel like me about Bianca...I just find her boring.  Her promo's are usually choppy.  I don't know, I just don't find her entertaining most of the time.  I did not catch Backlash, I forgot about it.  But reading about the show it seems this match stole the show.  Maybe they'll start a Bianca heel turn?  Moving to smackdown they are gonna start building a Bianca - Charlotte program at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2023/05/26/wwe-night-of-champions-results-winners-new-world-heavyweight-champion/70258383007/

I saw this story and was thinking WTF? I watched most of the pre show "conference" i don't remember any of the Saudi shows being taped. Turns out that USA today published the template for this dude's coverage of night of champions. Digital media today is sooooo bad.

On 5/8/2023 at 11:15 AM, Nomaa Jedi Piarra said:

I think maybe a lot of people feel like me about Bianca...I just find her boring.  Her promo's are usually choppy.  I don't know, I just don't find her entertaining most of the time.  I did not catch Backlash, I forgot about it.  But reading about the show it seems this match stole the show.  Maybe they'll start a Bianca heel turn?  Moving to smackdown they are gonna start building a Bianca - Charlotte program at some point.

Bianca surprisingly has been the best babyface female since she came up from NXT. I don't remember her being anything but a heel in NXT. I think Bianca would kill it as a heel, but the ladies division doesn't have enough credible babyfaces.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.