WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

The rumors are really starting up about the Rock not being able to work WrestleMania 39. Something about him not thinking he can get in ring shape in time. I'm inclined not to buy this because this had been the plan for WrestleMania in LA for three years now. So it's either a work or the Rock is a horrible planner. The dude claims he works out everyday. It it doesn't happen this year then don't do it at all. Roman had held the belt this long partly because of these plans. Granted the Bloodline going this long have us the Sami Zayn angle. I think it's a work, but i don't ever want to see it if it doesn't happen now.

Men's Rumble was a 7/10. Great performance by GUNTHER, and Cody winning was the obvious and correct choice. The aerial spot between Logan Paul and Ricochet was awesome, though I'm not a fan of non-active wrestlers getting down to the final four--just a personal pet peeve. I'm disappointed in some of the entrants, though. You're telling me you wanna throw guys like Booker T, Elias, Gable, Otis, Dawkins, and Montez in there for a minute or two each? Why? Where was Dexter Lumis, Bronson Reed, Mustafa Ali, Pete Dunne, Ridge Holland, and Shinsuke Nakamura? Or any forbidden door/free agent surprises, like Muta, Matt Cardona, Jay White, or Nick Aldis, all of whom have been strongly rumored? Pretty dumb if you ask me.

Neon black light match was dumb.

Didn't pay attention to Bianca/Alexa.

Women's match was really strong. I don't really like that numbers 1 and 2 are the only spots that ever get to be iron men/women anymore, it's pretty uncreative, but Rhea was awesome and for a minute I actually believed Liv might've won. Chelsea getting dumped in a second for the second time was hilarious. Great surprises from NXT, particularly Roxanne, and Piper Niven getting a chance to shine was good to see.

I'm tired of ref bump spots in every Roman Reigns match. This one didn't need it. But that finale... one of the best PPV endings ever. I called Sami hitting Roman with the chair, but I didn't expect Jey to walk out the way he did. Great stuff.

I know HHH wants the announcers to do their own thing, but he should have told them "enough with the Bang Bros, Doudrop, and Top Dolla jokes."

I think if you do sign Jay White and Cardona you wait until after WrestleMania to debut them. Maybe your can bring back Cardona at Mania since the crowd knows him, but Jay White wouldn't be instantly recognizable to most of the crowd.

I listened to some of Sam Roberts podcast today. He broke down the story of the Bloodline run with Sami Zayn. He went deep into the perspective from both sides. Actually three sides because he went into Jey Usos waking out at the end. I could write a novel going through all of it, but it was very intricate. Impressive considering this all started off as something for Sami to do for a few weeks. You forget that everyone except Solo had to be beaten into place by Roman. 

What did you think of the press conference? I always found it odd in New Japan and then AEW started doing it. Infamously lol. I agree with the people that think it pulls the wrestlers too far out of their character. That was true for Rhea and Bray. Cody not so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't for the life of me understand why any potential buyer would allow Vince near creative after seeing an improvement in the product since Vince left. Unless they was never something Endeavor saw. When you watch last night and are thinking "what the hell is this", you hope Endeavor pays attention. I don't want to wish death on someone, but i don't want Vince near creative anymore.

There’s just no way they can’t have noticed the extremely negative online reaction to the news of the sale, to RAW, and to the reports of Vince being in charge again, LET ALONE the actual backstage reaction among what is now their own employees (independent contractors, whatever). They’ve completely lost out on Jay White and potentially other available and soon to be available wrestlers, and you KNOW there are going to be plenty of current talent, particularly women, who won’t even consider resigning now. Vince didn’t have to answer to anyone before, but he does now. I can only hope they actually pay attention to this and it’s not just another good ol rich boys club. But who am I kidding, of course it is.

Also apparently I lied because I still watched NXT tonight, and it was a great show. I even missed Dragon Lee's singles debut, which I heard was a 5 star match, and it was still great. Nice to see things go well when Vince isn't involved. Gonna have to look up that Dragon Lee match though

On 4/4/2023 at 7:21 PM, Hobbes said:

Man…just when I was getting back into it.  I didn’t see RAW, but only heard about Vince.  What was so bad?

It wasn't bad in the sense that the show sucked. It was bad in that big things were promised but not delivered. Things were cut from the show and you noticed. It didn't seem like the "Raw after WrestleMania". SmackDown though was a good show. It probably just to do with Vince not being there. So this I'm sure has fans and the wrestlers on edge.

While I was shocked Cody lost, I'm not completely surprised. Think about it. The Rock was supposed to be Roman's opponent at Mania. The Rock wasn't winning the belt. WWE has to go to plan B. You have to think that plan B wasn't going to win the belt either. The problem for a lot of fans is, if not now when? That's a fair question. Mania is obviously the place for that moment. 

While we don't know the plan yet, i think having Cody do it this way is a better idea. Cody tells Solo he's "not ready". Then he loses because HE isn't ready right? Cody comes back to WWE, has a series of great matches with Seth, gets hurt and is it due the rest of the year. This actually helped him because he's able to return at the Rumble still a huge babyface and able to challenge for Roman. While he was the best option, it wasn't really "earned". Now you have Cody go through some top guys starting with Brock Lesnar. I can live with that. We'll see.

I think you'll see the next round of NXT call ups in a couple of waves. A few in the upcoming draft and the rest sprinkled throughout the rest of the year. NXT made it seem like they have plans right now for both Bron and Pretty Deadly. I'm okay with that. Don't bring anyone up without a plan. Riddle i think it's the last guy to get over without a real plan when he debuted.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.