WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

I'd love to know the behind the scenes of the last few months. Raw's quality has jumped up dramatically. Was Vince McMahon really that much of a boat anchor? Geez. Either way, Triple H is killin' it. Were all of these re-hires actually let go in the first place or was it just misreported and they were taking time off before being implemented on the main roster?
Random thoughts from the last month or two:
Asuka and Io on the same show and in rival groups? There might be a god...and his name is Paul.
Ciampa and Miz is a weird pairing, but I think it's kinda starting to work. Ciampa lends Miz some badass cred and Miz lends Ciampa some 'pizzazz'.
Dexter Loomis... thank you jeebus. It would have been a waste to let him go. And I think he'll be a great rivalry for the Miz if they go in that direction.
Braun... hell yes, I wasn't expecting that at all because the last thing I read was that he had already started his own promo or something???
Soooo happy to see Johnny Gargano back. Love that they immediately had him butt heads with Austin Theory AND really glad that WWE is now acknowledging past story lines and NXT story lines etc. They're usually really bad about just dropping former associations into the void.
Does Rhea Ripley ever actually wrestle anymore? I watch the edited Hulu version of Raw, so it's possible I'm just missing it.

I don't really have an opinion on it, I just find it interesting that Raquel Rodriquez's tag team are champs now. I think it's a way to put her in a corner for a while so that it doesn't beg the question of why she isn't just immediately breaking everyone in the women's division in half. I'd like to see a rematch with her and Rhea, who feels like her only plausible opponent.
Kevin Owens is really kickin ass lately, although I get a chuckle out of his claim that he deserves another title shot "because the Usos and Heyman interfered". No shit. That's like 3/4th of Roman's title bouts.

I'm going to try to keep my saltiness to a minimum here, but they really need to start wrapping up this Bloodline shit. Now we have Solo Sikoa. Exciting. I swear to god if they're just doubling down on this storyline...
They need to do with him what they should have done when Jimmy Uso came back: sowing the seeds of fracture and demise.
With precious few exceptions most of Roman's title defenses are placeholder exhibition matches. It's just a running joke at his point. Here's what I want: one of the faces actually freakin' hires some backup when they enter a title match. Have the Usos do their usual shenanigans and then like four wrestlers pop out of the stands to kick their asses. I know it's a super common wrestling trope but NOT bringing backup to a match with the Bloodline at this point just makes the faces look like complete morons. It's a double whammy of stupid: cop-out interference matches that the faces deserve to lose for not having anything resembling long-term memory.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm not particularly interested in Bray as a wrestler but WWE has been sorely missing a horror character. So, for that alone I'm glad he's back. And his comeback speech on Smackdown was really sweet. It seems like he's been through a lot. I know it's a TV show but it's nice that WWE seems to be letting wrestlers just be people every once in a while.

And thank freaking god, they've let Shaun Riker go back to being LA Knight. I'd like to know what the reasoning is for some wrestlers having to do stupid character changes when they come up from NXT. All I can think of is that maybe it's a way of creating the illusion of getting good really quick (when they change back to a better persona)? A cheap way of generating hype? Dunno. I'm just not sure who thought his fashion mogul persona was more interesting than LA Knight. They need to push him hard. Said it before but the dude knows how to play a crowd better than just about anyone at this point.

Smackdown in particular is starting to feel more and more like NXT black and gold. And yeah, RAW basically has all of The Way minus Indi Hartwell. I guess the whole main roster is benefiting from that great crop.

I like the Rey Mysterio to Smackdown move. I'd love to see a rivalry with Santos Escobar... although this doesn't bode well for Dominic. Kinda feels like a sink or swim time for him now. If I had one piece of advice it would be to get an acting coach to help him not look like he's about to start laughing all the time. I honestly think that's just a byproduct of having grown up in a happy, affluent household. I don't think he's ever really had to have a chip on his shoulder about anything.

Sorry for the novels, I watch wrestling in marathon blocks and just dump my thoughts here.

1 hour ago, Darth Krawlie said:

The reason is Vince, and he’s gone now.

Yeah, I don't know enough to say for sure but my theory is that Vince got too attached to his personal vision of wrestling which was heavily caricature based. So when someone is just on point with a persona, regardless of how "broad" or generic it may seem, he would poo poo it. But, I mean, the counter to that would be Stone Cold, right? There were times when Vince just let wrestlers follow their whims, I think.

So SmackDown is coming back to Tampa on December 30th. My wife is suggesting that we take all the kids(+ the grands) with us as a Christmas gift. We did that when we went to Raw. I'm just hoping the Bloodline stuff will be just as good then. It wouldn't be very.....Ucey of them to disappoint lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Crown Jewel through Peacock.  Okay show.  But that Paul guy put on another good performance, especially for his 3rd match.  He would be interesting as a full-time wrestler.  Not sure what the plan is, or if he wants to be a full-time wrestler.  Guess for know he is mostly publicity for WWE to bring in some of his followers to their audience?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.