WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

I find NXT 2.0s youth movement interesting. The purpose, not the wrestlers. WWE wants to bring in younger viewers. They want to be the "demo gods". I find it interesting in that the needle movers for AEW aren't the young guys. Sure Sammy, MJF, and Alin are fan favorites. The main event scene in AEW though is loaded with the 35+ crowd. A lot of these guys are fun to watch though. I wonder how long their cycle will be? 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know. Gargano and Lumis have been working SmackDown dark matches for a few weeks now. It's not far fetched to think that The Way would have been brought up as a faction if not for Candice's pregnancy.

As far as Owens and Sami? Sami IMO works better in WWE. His over the top persona benefits from the WWE production. Kevin Owens would suffer a serious injury im AEW if you ask me. They wouldn't say no to him. 

Kyle O'Reilly took the biggest hit when the Undisputed Era ended. He lost his tag team partner. Which really hurt him because while he can go as a singles wrestler, he's not ready persona wise. 

I'm a little confused by all of these weird gimmicks. Mob guys, poker players, professors, whatever Joe Gacy is. Are we trying to build a character or are we building up personality in some of these guys? They're comfortable in front of the camera, but I'm not sold on some of these guys yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 9:42 PM, Metropolis said:

I don't know. Gargano and Lumis have been working SmackDown dark matches for a few weeks now. It's not far fetched to think that The Way would have been brought up as a faction if not for Candice's pregnancy.

As far as Owens and Sami? Sami IMO works better in WWE. His over the top persona benefits from the WWE production. Kevin Owens would suffer a serious injury im AEW if you ask me. They wouldn't say no to him. 

Kyle O'Reilly took the biggest hit when the Undisputed Era ended. He lost his tag team partner. Which really hurt him because while he can go as a singles wrestler, he's not ready persona wise. 

KO has re-signed with WWE. I could have seen him wanting to leave, but would the result end up with more TV time in AEW? I still think he benefits from WWE saying no to a lot of his spots. Though you wouldn't know that from this past week.

This had been a pet peeve of mine with WWE for a while. Cleaning out my emailc and see an email last night from WWE shop. It was pushing the Bloodline shirt. Roman Reigns FIRED Paul Heyman last night!!! That shirt is now outdated! I was hoping the Hurt Business was back together, but that was all a big tease. I HAVE HURT BUSINESS SHIRTS!!! i have a feeling those RK- Bro shirts won't make it to WrestleMania.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the idea of putting the title on Liv Morgan tonight. I like Liv, but she's not really ready to be champ. Luv is not the best promo, and she has no real persona yet. I get that it's easy to take the title of of her if it's not working. It does look no good if she bombs. 

This is actually pretty interesting. Brock Lesnar can't win this match right? That takes him out of any program with Roman. There was thought that Big E could lose this match. WWE did the right thing in extending Lashley's title reign. It legitimized his reign and he grew into a character that was a true main eventer. Now everyone loves Big E. He could lose the belt and still be loved. He would probably never be looked at for the title again though. Big E needs a tweak to his character. He needs more time before he drops the belt.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.