WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

Hit Row seemed out of left field to me. Maybe I just wasn't really paying attention. But I do enjoy Swerve whenever he's on. He's got that "it" factor.

Edit: jumped the gun there. I assumed she and Seth would stay on Smackdown. I still think they're gonna treat her as an OP heel like Roman though.

Still no Io Shirai. Wtf? I really don't understand what Io is still doing in NXT. Maybe she just doesn't want to travel, or doesn't plan on being there much longer. It's weird.

I think my biggest head scratcher from this draft is Ridge Holland. Granted, I've only been watching NXT for about a year but I've only ever seen him come out at the end of matches, brandishing his club and kind of menacing over whoever won.

As far as I can tell, fans don't seem super keen on LA Knight but I freakin love him. The dude absolutely rules on mic, he's just got that old school wrestler pizzazz. I didn't expect him to get called up, but seeing him pop up on some prediction articles and whatnot I hope he finds his way to the main roster in the next year.

21 hours ago, Metropolis said:

So Tegan Nox and Shotzi were broken up before they every got their tag team title shot. Lol

I was wondering why WWE leapfrogged over them to give Nikki and Rhea the tag belts... I guess we have our answer.

Agreed that Holland was a surprise, especially since they just repaired him up with Pete Dunne. I'd rather see Dunne moved up, but then again, maybe I like him better there.

Shotzi and Tegan were a makeshift tag team anyway. Shotzi has a great chance to be a star on her own. Tegan I'm a little meh on. She's a good worker but what else is there?

Regarding other NXT call ups, I fully expected Hit Row and Austin Theory; Aliyah was sort of called up earlier, so now it's official; Xia Li is a good pull; and awesome to see Mia Yim get her name back, and to be on the same show as Keith Lee.

The only name I was hoping to see but didn't was WALTER. There are so many matches with RAW and Smackdown talent I want to see with him... Brock, Lashley, Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Nakamura, Sheamus, Roman, Big E, Joe (okay I know he's not main roster any more still)... so many more. I know he doesn't want to move to the states, but man I want it to happen.

I'm not really a fan, and I haven't watched everything she's done, but I think part of her problem is that she hasn't had a good feud... at least not in quite some time. I think she paired alright with Rhea, but I really don't know who would else would be a good fit.

Speaking of: isn't it kind of weird that Dakota Kai disappeared and then didn't get drafted. Is there any news on what's up with her?

What the hell is WWE doing with Toni Storm? She's just kind of there. They should have waited to bring her up if they didn't plan on doing anything with her. 

Another one that has me worried is Ember Moon. She's turning into NXT's Jeff Hardy.

I agree that Raquel hasn't had a meaningful feud to help her. Dakota Kai was the natural fit, but they're going with Mandy.

I think Toni Storm was a call up to clear the slate in NXT. Ember Moon is lost in the mix right now. 

Ivy Nile showed how green she is in her first match. They need to change her finisher. She's way to short for a torture rack like finish.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.