WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

22 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

That’s a good point. I fully expect Roman to still be champion by next wrestlemania so he can have his big rub match with the Rock, so yeah he’s gonna need a lot of challengers.

Unrelated: Nikki in a stupid superhero gimmick winning the briefcase is this year’s version of Otis. It’s a not-funny joke.

I know it's wrestling crowd-pleasing 101, but I personally don't enjoy mostly-retired wrestlers coming back for one-offs to "save the day". It's the "losing to a legend" get out jail free card.

I was excited about her return, I think she's great (and I'm happy she's still employed)... but this... ehhhhhh. I want ass-kicking, Scotch badger Nikki Cross back. It's all been very inorganic and needlessly fast-track-y. 

On that note, I'm fine with Rhea losing. I don't think they should have handed her the belt right out of the gate, and her title reign has felt like wheel-spinning to me. At least this gives her something to potentially overcome, even if it's just Charlotte for the umpteenth time.

Agree with you on retired wrestlers. I'm super tired of seeing it.

I'm also bored of Roman and Charlotte in general. Yes, Roman's heel run has been great, the best stuff he's done since the Shield. But it's run its course, as far as I'm concerned. Cena's not gonna beat him. Big E's gonna cash in on Lashley at some point after SummerSlam. There's no one around that's anywhere close to beating Roman, so he's just gonna hold onto it for as long as possible. But, this is a big part of why I only watch NXT regularly and just the occasional WWE PPV. I don't let it make me mad anymore.

I haven’t watched any wrestling for a long time now, but I still agree about retired wrestlers popping up to wrestle for a bit in general, at least.  It should be done very rarely just like so many things so that it has a huge impact when they do come back.

This does, of course, exclude the fun surprise returns for one night in something like the Royal Rumble or other novelties and the occasional cutting of a promo to promote something.

Brooooooo. Lol that just happened.

Here's my take on the part timer thing specifically the Rock. In the case of Roman, them actually being related plays into a story and can be built up over time. Not only that is guaranteed to draw eyes to the main event because we haven't seen it before. The match itself might suck since Rock has gotten super muscle bound since left wrestling. 

Should they be pushing the current "Superstars"? Sure but if the last year has showed us anything its that Roman is only draw. He is the reason SmackDown is as good as it is.

Now as much of a fan as i was of Goldberg, he's just embarrassing in the ring now. I know it's a big check, but stay home Bill. Lesnar? My problem with him was that the title was pretty much off the table the entirety of his run. So please don't take the title and run.

Okay you surprise is by bringing back Keith Lee. Who, since it's been so long and they changed his music, i don't know it was him until he came out. Fair, good match, but Lee loses. Okay. But then you bring Goldberg out? Look I hope to be in that shape at 54, he still looks smaller than he did when he wrestled. I just don't see that match being any good.

LOL no Scarlett or smoke? What's the point of NXT? They tell us it's to develop stars and get them ready for tv. They get them all set up with a gimmick, an entrance, their full presentation--then Vince strips every single detail of it away. And they wonder why no one can fucking get over. I'm not that into Kross, by why do it just to half ass it, as you said?

17 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

LOL no Scarlett or smoke? What's the point of NXT? They tell us it's to develop stars and get them ready for tv. They get them all set up with a gimmick, an entrance, their full presentation--then Vince strips every single detail of it away. And they wonder why no one can fucking get over. I'm not that into Kross, by why do it just to half ass it, as you said?

It's crazy though. Kross was not ready. He needed time. I could name name at least five NXT wrestlers who are more ready. Though admittedly none of them I'd put on Raw. He had the NXT title so you know he's working tomorrow night. Shit! You could have had Joe interrupt and put him to sleep! There was just NO reason for him to have been on Raw tonight. 

Keith was pretty badly injured irl, right? Glad to see him back.

Sweet jesus, Nikki is (like I said in the last post) one of my favorite wrestlers... and I know there's a long tradition of gimmicky MITB cash-ins (cough cough: Miz last year) but this is like 24/7 championship-level stupid. I'm sorry. Good for her (as a person) but story-wise, nooooooooooooooooo. This all kinda makes her look like her "superpower" is... opportunism?

I agree about Karrion Cross. I don't care for him, but what's the point of just tossing him into Raw like this? It felt like nothing more than an extremely bare-bones water-testing. And, ouch, losing to Hardy who's won, what, maybe three matches in the past year? Yikes.

And, oh, look, it's Goldberg again. yay.

Fun episode though! :green:

On 7/19/2021 at 7:35 PM, Metropolis said:

specifically the Rock. In the case of Roman, them actually being related plays into a story and can be built up over time.

How much time, exactly, do you think Dwayne Johnson is willing to invest in Smackdown at this point in his life?

The "Road to WrestleMania" starts after the Royal Rumble officially. In that time the Rock only needs to make a couple of live appearances, maybe a taped video segment or two. Her doesn't need to be there every week. Hell have an awkward family holiday dinner where Roman is sitting at the head of the table, and Rock tells him he's in his seat.

The firstThe rumors seem to suggest The Rock makes his first appearance at Survivor Series. We'll see.

When Pete Dunne came back from the UK i said if there is another lockdown i want to spend it with him. Stallion got jacked! When Toni Storm came back from lockdown I was surprised at how big she let her ass get. That and she had a little bit of gut going on. Seeing as her boyfriend is a wrestler i just wondered how that happened. Her SmackDown debut showed how well she's been working on that. Don't get me wrong i like an ass on a woman, but with her height and wrestling style the 20-30 pounds she out on definitely hindered her in the ring.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Austin Theory leaving NXT? As funny as it'll probably be, I'd still like to see Dexter actually get a serious push/consideration for main roster. But it's hard to tell considering I have no idea if he's any good on the mic.

In other news I'm loving the homeless Corbin shtick. It's comedy gold. I don't know how he says half this crap with a straight face.

I hope Austin's moving up. He's extremely talented and this dumb kid gimmick isn't doing him justice, though I have to admit the Way has been mostly gold.

Agreed on Dexter on the main roster. I'd love to see him up there. Imagine the kinds of things he could do with someone like Miz, or Ziggler, or other big mouth mid level heels. The problem isn't so much if he's good on the mic or not--it's that Vince would likely MAKE him talk, thus ruining the whole character.

Destitute Corbin is definitely great. It's the first time I've been legit entertained by him. If they keep it up they might actually be able to turn him face.

Where the hell are Io Shirai and Zoey Stark? It's been like four or five weeks since I've seen them. I'm watching on Hulu, but I don't know why they'd be editing out their appearances.

Io is wayyyyy too over for this. I hope they're just killing time until the "draft" if that's still happening.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.