WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

Well they had to use up the briefcase before WrestleMania. They couldn't have that hanging over their heads, especially with another MITB show a month or two later. They never had any plans for it this year anyway--they gave it to Otis, for fuck's sake.

I'd be all right if they retired the concept for a while, honestly.

They made a mistake thinking Otis would be a singles draw. They should have had him use the MITB to get Heavy Machinery the tag titles. I think Lashley was on a path to face McIntyre at Mania anyways. They've basically done what they did a couple of years ago with Lashley. They have him win the IC Title so that Finn Balor could have the win at WrestleMania. Looks like it's happening again.

Now that i think about it, I'm not sure Drew McIntyre should get the belt back at WrestleMania. McIntyre giving Lesnar the claymore would have brought Raymond James Stadium down. A half full stadium won't have the same energy. Also it would ruin the tear Lashley has been on. Have Lashley keep the belt and build McIntyre back up for a win at SummerSlam.  That way you build the anticipation and you don't have Lashley look like a place holder. Win win. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just like Otis.  I don't get it. 

I stand by what i said in the other thread. Io had been a much better champion that Rhea Ripley. I think she probably loses at Take Over against Gonzalez, but man she has been entertaining. She probably makes it to the main roster in the next few weeks. 

On 3/31/2021 at 6:48 AM, Lord Darth Hunter said:

What gets me is them doing it for no reason. Word was they broke up the Iconics to give a singles push to Peyton Royce. But they never did. They just continued putting her in tag matches with other wrestlers like Lacey Evans. 

Aaaaaand Peyton has been released by WWE. Sigh. 

• 5 weeks later...

Regarding Backlash: I think WWE writers are starting to equate delayed gratification with good story. All title retentions except for one feel-good tag-team win where the Mysterios had already beaten Ziggler twice. Yay.

It was all entertaining on a technical level, the in-ring talent is top notch right now, but good lord do I not care where any of these title stories are going at this point. The prime example being the Asuka/Flair/Ripley match... really fun but the ending killed it. Let Asuka out of being a third wheel and start wrestling other people, please.

Also: I wasn't really paying attention, but I'm not sure why I was (in that moment) supposed to care about whatever was going on with Seth Rollins at the end... considering he's spent the last few months getting clowned on by Cesaro.

So what do you guys think of the WWE fully embracing the death of keyfabe? They really held out, but since the WWE network debuted they've been going deeper and deeper into behind the scenes docs. No doubt it was partially a decision to provide tons of new content, but it seems like they are going hard now.

I am actually enjoying some of these docs and interviews more than the actual product these days. Seeing Stone Cold ask Sasha Banks questions is a lot of fun as I see them from completely different worlds. The ultimate breakage is of course Taker showing full access to his life and reality now that he has retired.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.