WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

So they broke up the New Day without breaking them up so to speak. That means they are serious about Big E's push. 

With Kofi and Woods winning the tag titles and being drafted by Raw I have an idea of what they might do. If the Street Profits aren't drafted to SmackDown on Raw, I believe they will unify the titles and have the champs wrestle both shows like the women's tag champs. It makes sense. They went from having a large enough division a year ago to having very few teams.

So Tucker was drafted to Raw. Why? Otis is charismatic and likable, but I think he can only go so far as a singles competitor. They missed their opportunity to use the money in the bank contract for the tag titles. With Roman having the belt I can't see Otis cashing it in on him. 

So of course it makes sense to have the New Day and the Profits have a unification match for the tag titles. Perhaps even let the tag teams wrestle on both brands since you have a dearth of tag teams right now. Nope. Well just have them swap belts. Seeing as both teams are faces I wouldn't have a problem if they actually had enough tag teams.

• 2 weeks later...

People are claiming that WWE has ruined Retribution. I disagree. First off the was almost no way Retribution was going to be relevant in any real way. The members of the group were never going move the needle with fans. I think creative saw this and put them behind masks with stupid names. Making them Mustafa Ali's muscle gives him screen time and foils to take falls for him. And when the gimmicks gets old (some would argue that it already has), you can introduce Dijakovic and Yim as themselves. Now they just have to make Ali a believable threat.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.