WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

I'm really behind. I've got two and a half weeks of wrestling on the DVR to catch up with.

The Swamp match actually wasn't that bad. There was a little too much of Bray talking for my taste. It did a good job of building up to the eventual Bruan-Fiend match. The Sheamus-Hardy Bar Fight was a solid movie fight.

Vince is reaching. I saw a couple of minutes of the Raw underground concept Monday. I'll give it a shot when I get to it.

I've noticed that recently NXT ratings have depended on the quality of matches on the show. Dynamite on the other hand has gone up despite some iffy matchups. I just watched the last two Dynamites and they're getting away with stuff that WWE gets raked over the coals for.

Well sure, AEW is the new shiny toy. They'll get passes for a while. I haven't watched a full episode of Dynamite, but from clips I've seen it's been good. I'm just put off by non-stop flippy shit that takes too long to set up or constant kick outs when someone should be dead (hence my also dislike of Johnny Gargano lately, though his heel run has been good), and particular distaste for Kenny Omega and the Bucks. After a while the newness will wear off. Still, the always anti-WWE crowd will never truly criticize it (Dave Meltzer, for example).

Right now it looks like NXT is going through a transition. I think UE is moving up once this Pat McAfee business is done. Guys like Bronson Reed and Oney Lorcan, who've never done anything but job, are getting more screen time. They tend to do that right before the roster changes up some.

I saw the Adam Cole stuff on McAfee's show. Thought that was going to lead to something.

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened to NXT without Covid-19. They were going to test touring the show in smaller AEW like arenas. I'm sure Cole would still be champ right now in a regular setting. As it is with the roster in flux because of covid they're moving stars around because they couldn't do what they wanted. Stallion Pete and Walter are still stuck overseas. Finn Balor arc had been shot to hell. Velveteen Dream is almost fired(along with half of the Indies). Karion Cross has pretty much punch his ticket for the main roster already. The NXT women's division is still pretty good though.

They've already announced that Raw and SmackDown will tape from there as well. They are using a LED boards to do virtual crowds. Kinda like what the NBA is doing. You apparently can apply to appear on it starting this coming week. I really want to see how this works out. The piped in crowd noise on Raw and SmackDown haven't been as distracting as I thought it would.

I forget how long ago it was. Probably two years at least. An episode of Vice Wrestling featured a few wrestlers that are actually kind of relevant in today's scene. An indie wrestler named Darby Allin. Also an indie wrestler named Isiah "Swerve" Scott. AEW is trying to push Darby Allin. We'll see how that works long term. Swerve has been on NXT for a while and is now getting a meaningful push. He's good but he needs refining. Then there was this long time indie guy named Sammy Callahan. Impact Wrestling scoops up Callahan and makes him their world champion. As decent in the ring and as good in the mic he is, it was clear that they put the belt on him to make it sorta believable when Tessa Blanchard beats him for the belt. The last guy was the ex WWE wrestler that was washed up and doing odd jobs on the indie circuit before he retired. Hassan Assad. Better known by his ring name MVP. Today MVP is arguably the MVP of WWE right now. Since they brought him back and teamed him up with Bobby Lashley he has been gold! The Hurt Business is one of the best thing going on any show right now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.