WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

I'm behind. I'm only through the first hour of Raw.

I really wonder what would have happened if it weren't for covid. The WWE were going to test NXT touring in smaller arenas like AEW does. Trying to make it a legitimate third brand. There are a lot of moves that WWE wants to wait for a live crowd to gage interest. They will not move Dream to the main roster without a crowd. I'm not sure if they are going to break up Undisputed Era. It make the most sense to send all four up together. With Kross being the next challenger to Cole, I can't see Cole keeping the title. Which would be okay, but I don't see Kross spending a year in NXT either.

I dont watch RAW (Or Smackdown for that matter), just read recaps, but from what Ive seen it sounds like its been a pretty good show. Pushes for newer guys, new storylines, etc. and I thought the whole idea of having separate creative heads was for the shows to feel different. Now theyll be the same again. Theyre already eroding the brand split by having people cross over AGAIN. How long before its completely meaningless again?

Theres no way it was gonna be the greatest match ever. Billing it as that was a bad idea. But it was still an incredible match, match of the year candidate for sure. Good night for wrestling.

I also really enjoyed the Viking Profits segment, and the Drew/Lashley match was good, even with a screwy finish.

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty obvious that there's nothing left in the tank and WWE is pretty much on its last legs before the industry finally becomes the niche market it's been gravitating towards and loses primary coverage outside of cable. The pandemic has definitely proven the emperor has no clothes. You would think that if your live attendance was plummeting and you need to keep your revenue flowing in your TV deals to stay viably afloat on top that you'd try with your creative! I'm looking forward to Fox wisening up and using their Disney money on better investments because Murdoch also showed his age by making an awful deal on a dying industry. The company is way overvalued and in a couple of years, Vince and the company are going to face some hard times because I don't see Fox renewing SD or giving them half of the current deal, which will give NBCUnversal more leverage in their negotiations. And now they're filming multiple takes for match spots? It's so pathetic right now. And NXT has really been a shell of its former glorious self since the move to USA. Should have stayed on the Network but they wanna play war, meanwhile giving subscribers one less initiative to subscribe... :rolleyes:

Im up in the mountains this week so I wont get to see Cole/Lee, which is a real bummer cuz Ive been looking forward to it. Ill try to catch it later.

Definitely think its Lees time. Id book him to win and vacate the NA title, and move Cole to Raw or Smackdown. Nothing left for him to do in NXT.

It's pretty obvious that there's nothing left in the tank and WWE is pretty much on its last legs before the industry finally becomes the niche market it's been gravitating towards and loses primary coverage outside of cable. The pandemic has definitely proven the emperor has no clothes. You would think that if your live attendance was plummeting and you need to keep your revenue flowing in your TV deals to stay viably afloat on top that you'd try with your creative! I'm looking forward to Fox wisening up and using their Disney money on better investments because Murdoch also showed his age by making an awful deal on a dying industry. The company is way overvalued and in a couple of years, Vince and the company are going to face some hard times because I don't see Fox renewing SD or giving them half of the current deal, which will give NBCUnversal more leverage in their negotiations. And now they're filming multiple takes for match spots? It's so pathetic right now. And NXT has really been a shell of its former glorious self since the move to USA. Should have stayed on the Network but they wanna play war, meanwhile giving subscribers one less initiative to subscribe... :rolleyes:

I think this post can be edited slightly then copy/pasted after any PPV for the last 20 years (post Attitude).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So much cringe watching the clip of The Fiend with Bliss. Then again, this is the same brand which thinks the Sheamus/Jeff Hardy piss test and overall the same company that enjoys cuckolding is entertainment. The rapey vibe of that final segment Friday night was disgusting. I know the only people who are watching is whoever was watching back in the 80s when they were in high school, but good **** this ain't, Vince!

They're getting a little too ambitious with these cinematic matches. I don't know to think about the swamp fight. Some good parts, some bad parts. Decent finish.

So what's the next cinematic match gonna be? I missed the Bray/Braun one, because I'm super disinterested in Braun as a face champion. I'm sure there's gonna be something at SummerSlam though. I've been hearing Smackdown has been improving a lot the last few weeks, mainly due to Daniel Bryan's influence on the writing, so my guess is something from that brand. I'm a little behind on current storylines though.

So there's gonna be three upcoming episodes of Dynamite airing on different nights instead of Wednesday, due to this weird NBA season. This is a big test for both AEW and NXT. With any luck, both will get killer ratings running unopposed to each other. Both have disadvantages though: NXT up against basketball, and AEW having one show on a Saturday. Either way, as always, rooting for both.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.