WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

I don't know why, but I love the Alexa Bliss bestie Nikki Cross. I remember when she debuted on the main roster. I was wondering where the twisted sister fit in. Black was still in NXT. I love how she's quirky and still a little crazy. At some point though she needs a run at the SmackDown title.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny reading through the wrestling archive. 3 & 6 years to go made a reference about the Bushwhackers before they came to WWE. Daniel Bryan made the SAME argument on SmackDown last year. I do remember the Sheepherders, and even though the Bushwhackers never won the WWF tag titles, they are arguably one if the most popular tag teams ever.

I always thought Drake would be one who got his job back when they went in front of crowds again. MAYBE he saves his job early? He's always been good when he's been on screen.

I don't know why I like Lumis. He kept that crazed look in his face the whole match.

If I watched RAW or Smackdown or cared about these things at all anymore, I'd say Lumis deserves a main roster promotion already. He's that committed to a really unique gimmick, and his appearances these last few weeks have really taken the steam out of Kross' debut, at least for me.

As for Drake, the most ideal course would be for him to win this tournament and save his job. More likely, I see him advancing out of his group to the finals and doing the job for Fantasma on his way out. But yeah, I think he'll be back sooner than later. In fact, I think several (not all, of course) of the recently released will be back.

I love the idea of the men and women's MITB happening at the same time. Rumor has it that the match was already filmed a few weeks ago. That's why there are so many pictures of the ring already set up on the roof. Does that mean Apollo Crews was never in the match? Or are they having to redo the match?

So I'm digging through the archives on the network. I go to the WCW section and the first show is the last Nitro. My God I forgot how much good talent WCW had at that point. I'm watching the Shane Helms Chavo Jr. Cruiserweight title match. I remember being fighting mad when Helms became the Hurricane. I also forgot Rey ended his WCW career without the mask.

Just finished MITB. That was a hoot. Admittedly it was full of "plot holes". I mean does the WWE elevators only go up one floor at a time? Asuka should have won the match the second she got into the elevator.

I wonder if Otis will use the MITB for the tag titles?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, but Riddle is good and more than ready. NXT has suffered from a stagnant roster lately, so a change is nice. Getting a little exhausted of Cole (who I like a lot) and Gargano (who Im indifferent toward) always being the focus. Cole and Ciampa should move up as well, and Im guessing they will when their feuds with Dream and Kross end.

Oh yeah, Thatcher/Riddle was great. I really enjoyed NXT last night, the cruiserweight match was really good too. Not having Dexter Lumis was a downer for me though, he's one of my favorites right now.

I'm not surprised hearing that about Ciampa, but I'm not happy about it. Part of what made NXT successful in the first place was the fresh turnover of talent, developing them for the main brands. I know they're trying to paint NXT as equal to RAW and Smackdown, but it clearly isn't and shouldn't be. If Ciampa, Gargano, and the UE remain there for the long term, it'll be extremely detrimental to the entire company.

Plus, now there's rumors Cole's contract is up this summer and he might jump ship to AEW. I don't want to have to start watching AEW. They have a lot of talent I like, sure, but a lot I really don't, and I'm not a fan of of a lot of their creative decisions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.