WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

I also think this is different enough from Austin-McMahon, with HHH and Steph trying to exert their power over the company as a whole. Maybe I remember wrong but Austin-McMahon was for the most part the 2 of them, rather than a company wide story, which this is becoming.

My guess is we have the following happen:

Bryan eventually beats Orton for the title, either in October or at Survivor Series. HHH brings Lesnar as his new corporate champ, saynig he has so much cred from being UFC Champ. Lesnar beats Bryan for title. Bryan keeps feuding with HHH. Punk wins Rumble. Cena comes back to face Taker. Get a kinda triple main event for Mania of:

Punk vs Lesnar for Title

HHH vs Bryan

Cena vs Taker

It's really hard to be original in wrestling anymore, its about execution. They can rehash old stories all they want if they do it well, logically and with guys fans care about.

Jim Cornette says there's an unwritten rule that you need to wait seven years before reviving an old angle, and for the most part I agree with him. Didn't work too well for Ryback, however.

It's impossible to NOT rehash storylines. All you can do is swap out the characters and make a few tweaks.

Right now, it's looking like we may get an awesome Survivor Series match out of this corporate angle. It may mean no WWE Title match, but Orton and Shield, and maybe somebody else, vs Bryan, Show, Rhodes, and a few others. Goldust may be one of them after what happens tomorrow night.

One aspect of this angle is pretty original, actually. HHH forcing face Show to do heel stuff is pretty cool, and I suspect they'll do something similar with Cody. I like the idea of these guys being forced to be heels when they technically aren't.

I'm hoping this leads to a good, old school, Survivor Series match. I'm thinking DB, Zig, Cody, and Show vs the Four HHHorsemen.

I'd prefer 5-on-5 personally because that's more old-school style, but there's still the issue of HHH's side needing another member.

Maybe we get Bryan vs Orton after all, and the Survivor Series style match will look more along the lines of Shield, Axel, and Lesnar vs Punk, Show, Rhodes, along w/ maybe Ziggler, or Goldust, and/or a somebody else. Rounding up multiple rivalries into one elimination-style match has been done before and can be fun.

Also...wondering if HHH will dangle a full-time return over Dustins head if he goes out and does a clean job to Orton. Kind of fits with how they've been doing things lately.

It's impossible to NOT rehash storylines. All you can do is swap out the characters and make a few tweaks.

Right now, it's looking like we may get an awesome Survivor Series match out of this corporate angle. It may mean no WWE Title match, but Orton and Shield, and maybe somebody else, vs Bryan, Show, Rhodes, and a few others. Goldust may be one of them after what happens tomorrow night.

I wonder how Orton and the members of the Shield are getting along these days, after their blowup a while back backstage.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I really thought Punk was gonna show up last night. Sucks that he didn't, but the good news is that Bryan will probably get his spot in a three way against Orton and Bootista. No way the keep the match the way it is with two heels.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.