WWE Weekly Television

Stallion

Well Ric Flair let the cat out of the bag lasy year that the main event for Mania this year was supposed to be Charlotte-Rousey. Them s funny little thing happened. Becky became The Man. So much so that after Evolution when Becky strted going after Rousey, Rousey became the bad guy. So much so that the crowd exploded when Smackdown raided Raw and Becky put the "Smackdown" on Rousey. I give Ronda credit. If it were Brock, he would have thrown a fit and blamed Vince.

If you add Charlotte to the main event, then you have don't have a serious contender for Asuka. Then Asuka probably slides to the pre show. I don't know if they want that. That's just my opinion. Not sure HHH or Vince read Nightly.

I'm trying to figure out what the WWE Title situation will be for Mania. I'm assuming Bryan is retaining at Elimination Chamber--they wouldn't have given him a custom belt just to have him drop it immediately. There's been rumors for a while of AJ vs Orton, which could easily kick start at EC. Samoa Joe is a heel. Ali is too new for a WrestleMania championship match. So does Jeff Hardy challenge for the title? I suppose they could go with Mysterio but he's still feuding with Andrade, right? They could always go with Cena again, but I think he'll be in a match with Drew McIntyre. So besides Jeff, I don't know who else could realistically challenge for the title.

That's a good question. I know you mentioned the heel thing, but I would love to see Samoa Joe beat Daniel Bryan at Mania. Everything that comes out of his mouth is pure gold. There crowd would cheer for him over Bryan.

With the Superstar shakeup happening the next night on Raw. You have to think that they will be leading in heavily towards Smackdown on Fox in the fall. They are probably going to stack Smackdown with the workers. Finn Balor will probably be moved. Which sets up a lot of "must see" matches. They're saying Fox wants more Sports than Entertainment.

Apparently the McMahon family is supposed to have a face to face with Becky tonight. Now I'm not a writer but I would use current events to write this one tonight. I'd have Becky ask HHH if he's ever done black face before while showing the clip of DX making fun of the Nation of Domination. Vince tries to step in and she stops him by asking if he's ever used the N word before. Maybe she'll ask John Cena or Booker T. Now about that doctor's clearance. Thank God I don't write for the WWE. We've been joking about this at work today. It's all good in the hood. My *****.

Yeah that's what we were talking about. The attitude era was full of stuff that's all too relevant in a bad way today.

How many factions were race related back then? DX, the Nation, Los Boricuas. Hell u can't even imagine the women's division doing what Sable and Torrie Wilson did back then.

I think Ricochet would look good on Smackdown when they head to FS1 in the fall.

WWE is really starting to have a star problem. They don't control the narrative anymore when it comes to who is on top. The fans are, and it's kinda causing a problem. Who gets pushed, who gets the title. Everyone can't be on top and constantly adding more stars. I sometimes think the WWE doesn't mind when someone goes down with injury.

I was sure I was the only one who thought that. Glad I'm not the only one.

I don't watch NXT, but I do watch highlights on YouTube. That's not enough to give an educated critique, but it is enough to give 2cents worth.

Ricochet: if there is a "knock" against these four guys it's their size. Ricochet suffers less from it because of his style. If he were 20 pounds heavier his knees would have been gone years ago. Honestly, he should be called up after WM to maximize his high flying years.

Ciampa: Now Ciampa is the same size as Finn Balor. His persona is that of a bigger man. And his beard. It's the beard that really makes him look badass. I like Ciampa, but I wonder if his NXT persona works long term on the main roster.

Gargano: guys like Gargano and Alex Cole have a ton of charisma, and put on great matches. They look so small in the ring with bigger guys though. Gargano looked like a small guy in the Rumble. Against The Bar he looked like Rey Mysterio. Over time the size thing won't be as noticable.

Aleister Black: now here's a guy who has decent height, but it's kinda slight. Once again extra weight would hinder his style. Once again can his persona last long term on the main roster?

As much as I talk about size, the WWE champ is Daniel Bryan. Not a big dude. It did take a while for him to find his way outside the Nexus. I don't see all four men on the main roster this year, as it would deplete NXT of their top talent. I know Velveteen Dream is saying I check off most of your boxes. I'm surprised they didn't give him a shot. Though I'm not sure how far his gimmick goes on the main roster.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.