Iceheart

Given it's being built as a superhero team with an ensemble cast (I just recently learned about Hawkgirl, awesome addition!), I really doubt this title will stick. After the last episode, I was very hopeful that the nanites would somehow give Ray his shrinking ability and, having seen how easily Arrow disabled him when he relied on his gadgets, ditch his God-awful suit (which, as noted above, screams cheap imitation Iron Man). Maybe (hopefully) that will still happen, but after watching the Flash preview that CoLa posted, it looks like he'll still be wearing the suit for at least the next week. *sigh*

I have hope for Atom to finally get the shrinking powers! The last episode of Arrow, they used the nanites to shrink the blood clot in his brain. This may lead to his comic powers at some point!

And really, if you're going to have a DC armored hero, at least have it be Steel or Rocket Red. :|

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

11014956_1058890264125763_21817668455701

So, Legends of Tomorrow cast shot. Atom still has the stupid suit (with even more stupid clear face shield, to make sure that the audience can see his face at all times, secret identity be damned!), Firestorm's alter-ego is on the team and he apparently still isn't, and I'm not too crazy about the show's title. However, the biggest - and best - thing for me is this...

The Canary flies once again! While this is great news for the spinoff, it does make me more than a little sad to have to finally accept that her sister is still going to be putting on the black tights here on Arrow - unless, of course, something awesome happened in last night's episode, which I haven't seen, yet, and Laurel met a tragic and lasting death! One can only hope...

Anyone catch the Arrow season finale? I finally got around to watching it last night. I am so behind on my shows!

Anyways!

Thea becomes Speedy! I was right! :D

Ollie gives up the Arrow mantle to go vacation with Felicity. :( I see that lasting about two episodes next season!

A Flash cameo! I was so jazzed to see him randomly show up to help at the beginning of the ep! More crossovers, please! Makes the series feel like the comics.

Malcolm Merlin is the new R'as! Not sure if I care? I'm sure he'll be showing up again, regardless!

I liked it. After Felicity's "new person" speech to Oliver and the way things ended, I fully expect to see his character develop into one that's a bit closer to the more light-hearted one of the comics. I also think we'll eventually see him return as Green Arrow (perhaps inspired by his sister's idea of Red Arrow, which she really should have gone with instead of Speedy). If he does it right, with a new costume, new name, and doesn't mysteriously and coincidentally start appearing right after Oliver Queen returns to Starling, it could work. He could easily pose as somebody that was inspired by the original Arrow, much like *cough* Speedy no doubt will.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Diggle. The speculation I've read suggests perhaps Guardian, which makes more sense GL (especially given all of the Hal Jordan Easter Eggs, which make me wonder if they plan to do something there or if they really are just simple nods to the DCU). As for Diggle, apparently he's actually in the comic universe now, himself, so being that is the case, rather than make him just another version of an existing character, I'd love for them to actually do something original and give him a cool new hero persona of his own.

I was disappointed that Katana left so soon and was a bigger part of things. I'm not really that familiar with the character in the books, but I like that actress and have enjoyed her character on this show. Hopefully, she'll be back here or one of the spin-offs. And if they feel there are too many side-heroes already and need to make room, I'd like to go on record one more time as being fully on-board with less Black Canary.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Felicity

is too obvious! Besides, wouldn't Barry have been just as bummed about

her dying considering how well they got along

?

I was almost correct, I predicted 2 episodes but it was only 1 before they came back!

"You have failed this omelette!"

• 5 months later...

Okay, I have to put my gripe here not only on this show but shows in general.

Am I the only one that is sick and tired of the revolving plot of a couple not liking each other/wanting to be around each other, to flirting to putting a couple together and right as they get to the cusp of something break them up and start the cycle over again. It's tired.

They've turned Felicity into a grade A beeyotch! Do people really get that upset about others lying to them, especially if there was a good reason? It was even explained to her by the kids mother! Get over it, Smoak, and leave your snarky comments to yourself, please! Is it even lying if he just didn't tell her in the first place? Funny how she dislikes Ollie not telling her about it when she wasn't telling him about how she was still helping out the crew back in Star City!

I agree with everything God Bear said. And I have a lot of thoughts about it when I'm not on the phone.

But in Felicity's defense Ollie has a long history of lying to people he's close to. And he always has a "good reason" for doing it. Sooner or later anybody is going to get sick of that. Don't forget it hasn't been that long since he went under cover with Ra's without telling anyone. She was pissed then. He Promised to never lie again.

Yet here we are

Now that I have a bit more time ... yeah I agree about the Joss Whedon-if-cation of TV writing in that you can't have a couple happy together for very long before it all goes to Hell or some bunny dies. He may not have started the trend but he popularized it. And it's weak. Because there's plenty of drama to be had with a happy couple. So much to explore, so much you can do with it. And you still have all the other characters you can drag through the wringer.

Ghost Whisperer proved you can have a happily married couple as leads in a TV series for 5 Seasons and still have compelling drama, both involving them and around them and despite their happy marriage. IN a genre series. So give me a ****ing break. It's just most writers are lazy and narrow minded so they take the easy way out.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.