Iceheart

Which is why the preview for next week shows Oliver teaching Helena how to shoot, like that pot throwing scene in Ghost but with bows and arrows and probably less Unchained Melody.

I don't think she's a bad person. Just a very sad, angry person who's moving a little too quickly in her plan for justice.

I don't know. Sometimes to get someone to trust you, you have to trust them first. And everything would have been fine if they hadn't run into his stupid assed girlfriend and stupider assed best friend.

Speaking of stupid, how about Helena accusing him of "making" her have dinner with his ex? Um, bitch, YOUR ass invited her to the table!

I don't know. Sometimes to get someone to trust you, you have to trust them first. And everything would have been fine if they hadn't run into his stupid assed girlfriend and stupider assed best friend.

He has strained relationships with his mom, stepdad, little sister, ex girlfriend, and best friend. Why not bring them to the lair, too?

And he said that he could see in her eyes after the awkward dinner with Laurel and Tommy that she's bat**** and can't be changed. So then, what else would have set her off about him? Eventually meeting Laurel, which was bound to happen? A disagreement about how to properly dispense justice? The one time he handles something on his own and doesn't invite her or tell her until afterward? The fact that he's actively trying to prevent a mob war while she's actively trying to start one?

I'm just saying that rushing right into making her a trusted sidekick was a bad idea. Yeah, I'm the one who said last week that I thought she might be okay. But he could have set up an archery range in another abandoned warehouse or something as a trial run. You just need a couple of target bags and some space.

Speaking of stupid, how about Helena accusing him of "making" her have dinner with his ex? Um, bitch, YOUR ass invited her to the table!

YES. And didn't every other person say "are you sure?!" before agreeing to it?

This week's episode, wherein everyone suspends normal brain activity to let their reproductive organs do the reasoning for awhile.

I looked it up.

Do you think they'll do that? That's a lot of Batman crossover. Although, now that the Nolan trilogy is done, maybe they'll be okay with someone else taking on some of the story?

To re-cast The Joker after Heath Ledger, tho... that'll take some balls.

No, just that she is present in a shootput and gets shot and paralysed. No Joker. She might even be A Oracle but not THE Babs Oracle, because Arrow is a revamp.

If it's a revamp, does she even really need to get shot, then? She can't just be hacker girl that they consult with? I don't even see why she would need to fight.

Anyway, this week's episode (I'm a night late thanks to a Christmas party), wherein the Queens throw a really crappy dinner party, the casual viewer has to learn the difference between a compound and a recurve fast, Oliver chooses a side in The War On Christmas, and we learn that Captain Jack can shoot.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Atom is supposed to be like Ant-Man, except without the insect control and wife-smacking. I think he can shrink much more, down to subatomic levels. Don't remember him ever flying around and having laser blasts. :|

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I was a couple of weeks behind, but I caught up late Wednesday afternoon, just in time for...a rerun. Dammit, that needs to stop happening. Still, this show is the best DC show ever, so it's worth waiting for.

Meanwhile, we have this: CW Reveals Working Title For "Arrow"/"Flash" Spinoff Series

Given it's being built as a superhero team with an ensemble cast (I just recently learned about Hawkgirl, awesome addition!), I really doubt this title will stick. After the last episode, I was very hopeful that the nanites would somehow give Ray his shrinking ability and, having seen how easily Arrow disabled him when he relied on his gadgets, ditch his God-awful suit (which, as noted above, screams cheap imitation Iron Man). Maybe (hopefully) that will still happen, but after watching the Flash preview that CoLa posted, it looks like he'll still be wearing the suit for at least the next week. *sigh*

One very good thing I noticed in that article - if it's actually true - is that Caity Lotz, who had been speculated as possibly playing a new character, will indeed still be playing a (resurrected?) Black Canary!!! This is awesome news for two reasons: A) I really, really like Sarah as Black Canary and 2) I really, really, really hate her sister as Black Canary. Utterly unbelievable, uninteresting, and unwatchable. I pray this means Sarah will be on the new show and Laurel will retire and go back to just being an annoying lawyer/alcoholic/love interest/non-love interest/programmable plot point. Or better yet, not.

I'm also still confused about why only Jack Bristow is going to be on the new show. I hope this doesn't mean that Arrow's cousin Firestorm isn't going to be around anymore. :(

EDIT: Just discovered another article that supports Sarah's inclusion in the spinoff, but makes speculations that leave the door frightfully open for Laurel. Hmm...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.