Iceheart

I'm pretty sure the comic Green Arrow was a shameless ripoff of Batman.

Pretty much. When he first appeared in comics, he had a kid sidekick, an Arrowcar, Arrowplane and even had an Arrowcave (although GA had his first).

Interesting sidenote: ShadowDog has been ragging about Green Arrow being a Batman ripoff but in the comics Deadshot originally was a dark knight pretender, came to Gotham in a costume and all. So this episode was probably to Dexter "The Battle of the Wannabes"! (/BBatB Aquaman voice)

Oh and Icy? I'm going to let the whole "bro" comment slide this time but only because I know you've been reading George RR Martin.

So this week's episode, I was like

Excessive monolouging on Laurel's part!

Dinner or fletching or both?

Come on Bodyguard Guy, you know you want to join in on the ridding the city of corruption shenanigans!

Stepdad... may be an okay guy.

I really like the IT girl. More of her, please.

OH SNAP, COVER'S BLOWN, THANKS CAMERAS!

HOLY **** IT'S CAPTAIN JACK!

I'm glad the bodyguard is finally on board. Was anybody else hearing "Annnnnnd Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, will alwaaaaaaaaaaays looooooooove yoooooooou!" as they kept exchanging smokey glances?

So glad I had swallowed the soup I've been sipping on before reading that.

So, captain Jack, eh ?

He'll probably suggest a threesome.

Lohr -

One of the butlers was hired by Captain Jack to kill Oliver, since he was publicly accused of being "The Hood." Oliver clearly had it handled, but the cop guy got a distress signal from the anklet (I think? My cat was being loud at that point), and came to help. Meanwhile, bodyguard guy showed up at the arms deal as The Hood, so Ollie's scot free.

Thanks, Icey!

Man, they really need to stop calling him "The Hood". They did that at least twice tonight and it's way too soon not to associate that with the very mediocre show of the same name. Why the hell aren't they saying "The Arrow" or something?!?

Also, did the bodyguard actually do anything? 'Cause I'm guessing that he's good & all, but not Green Arrow good! :hmm:

Now that it's aired on all coasts, we might as well forgo the boxes...

I wonder if it's a play on Robin Hood without being too copyright-infringing? Because it's pretty clear he's a modern day Robin Hood.

And Ollie said that the Hood just had to be seen... not really do anything, just be there and kick a little ass. Bodyguard guy can kick a little ass.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.