Iceheart

I haven't geeked out over Arrow, Virul, because I haven't seen it and don't intend to unless I hear truly rave reviews. Not shunning it like Bale to Robin, just don't have the time or desire to blindly invest in a series.

eg. We all know I love animation. But I haven't got into Young Justice (aka Teen Titans), the new Scooby Doo or the new Airbender.

I have however started watching the new TMNT show with my kiddos, it's fun. Best part, I could sing along to the theme.

YOU'RE BIASED! i like archery, but i despise gimmicks. i always imagine a room full of evil old white rich producers laughing saying this is genius, they'll eat it right up!

Clearly, you're missing the point of MY argument, then :p It's prevalent, but since it makes perfect sense in every use, I don't think it's a gimmick at all. I think the trend has more to do with story setting trends (post apocalypse, fantasy, super heroes, all scenarios that would logically/traditionally use archery) than any trend towards archery in general.

The gimmick I see here is that Green Arrow is SO MUCH like Batman that I'd call it pandering to the post-Nolan depression.

Anyway. Just for you.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1ub5u22aJ1r2xijoo1_500.png

Still haven't seen it, but if what Icy says is true about pandering to Nolanites... they're doing it wrong. Oliver Queen laughs, smiles, has a generally great time as he kicks ass. Tony Stark with a bow. If Ollie is grimdark, they have really missed the mark.

Right now, he's fresh off the island (like, barely a week back home), and he's trying to re-acclimate to society, it would be weird to have him be all like "I'm back, let's party!!!" So, we'll see if he has the right attitude on down the line.

Still haven't seen it, but if what Icy says is true about pandering to Nolanites... they're doing it wrong. Oliver Queen laughs, smiles, has a generally great time as he kicks ass. Tony Stark with a bow. If Ollie is grimdark, they have really missed the mark.

There is no "right" way, as there has been more than one version of the character. They're most likely following the seventies Adam/O'Neill and eighties Longbow Hunters eras for this GA.

The current NuDC Arrow is more like the original version in personality, but that series sucks balls.

I was kind of bored by last night's episode, and then that final flashback scene happened, and I'm assured of tuning in for at least one more week.

Torch, I figured out why it reminds me so much of Batman. It's the whole "I grew up rich, but then went through a multiple-year ordeal that turned me into a socially conscious superhero, but no one can know my secret so I can do my work and protect my loved ones, so I'll pretend to be a drunken douchebag" thing. Not that Stark didn't do half of that, but he really is a rich douchebag (not a judgement!), and to quote that meme, he's also like "**** you, I'm Iron Man."

Also, I'm still convinced Ollie's training for Ninja Warrior.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.